Confirmed Trade: [TOR/COL] Calle Rosen for Michael Hutchinson

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Still don't like this deal, thought they would have kept Rosen at least until the draft. Backup Goalie is more of a need, so it's a low risk move.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
You haven't seen Hutch this year I'm guessing... you would literally be better off taping up a cardboard cutout of Michael Hutchison, it would play better.

I mean, it isn't like the Avs didn't manage to win a do or die playoff game with the ghost of Andrew Hammon in net. Which was his last NHL game and culminated an illustrious career AHL save percentage of 0.905%.

Hutch can't be much worse than that can he?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Can we just let the TML fans feel better about this deadline and give them the win?

It doesn't matter if Hutch plays well in his limited opportunities (if he gets any at all), grabbing a #3 was always going to look like a loss unless the Avs went out and paid the price for a proven #2 or better.

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Trading Rosen (who wasn't going to crack the NHL roster) for Hutch might be a loss (in a vacuum), but we need a goalie for maybe 1-2 games with back to backs coming up. So using more assets to get a true backup would be pointless.

I will admit though, kinda curious how Hutch will do, since we do have 4th/5th string goalies with a win this season, he can't do much worse :popcorn:

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
3 games against Arizona, Ottawa and Montreal's offense is not a representative sample.

He was just acquired as a backup 2 weeks ago. How many games do you expect him to play? All that matters is he has played well (.918 sv%). By well I define that better than sub .900%, that Toronto has been getting from Andersen and Hutch in the New Year. That’s how bad the goaltending has been this year (nowithstanding the defense is as soft as melted ice cream).

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Perhaps you would find it difficult, but I think the Habs and the coyotes are good teams. The Ducks - not so much, but then again that wasn't an example of him playing well.

Arizona is a decent team with a really bad offense. Montreal is not a good team and has an average at best offense.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Arizona is a decent team with a really bad offense. Montreal is not a good team and has an average at best offense.
Montreal is 6 points out of a playoff spot with 18 games left. and they way Toronto and Florida have been crapping the bed this past week, they have a chance to be a playoff team.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Something tells me that for the rest of the season Hutch will post better numbers than at least one of the Leafs goalies.

Reactions: exporta

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Only if you're playing against the Leafs. Any real hockey team and zamboni drivers aren't a good idea
That's ok, our entire team is going to be composed of random people they pull from the building. Zamboni driver in net, a couple of security guards on D... few beer servers on wing, a janitor and a couple of those guys that clear the snow during the tv timeouts down the middle. Plan the parade.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
I mean, it isn't like the Avs didn't manage to win a do or die playoff game with the ghost of Andrew Hammon in net. Which was his last NHL game and culminated an illustrious career AHL save percentage of 0.905%.

Hutch can't be much worse than that can he?
Yes he can. Worst save % in the NHL this year... look it up, not a joke. I'm telling you... a cardboard cutout of Michael Hutchison taped to the net would outplay the real Michael Hutchison.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00