Confirmed Trade: [TOR/COL] Calle Rosen for Michael Hutchinson

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Really nothing wrong with it I guess, I guess would have been nice to have Rosen as a injury replacement, but need a backup goalie much more right now.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Something happening..betting Dermott is going.

Rielly ______
Muzzin _____
Sandin Holl
Rosen Liljegren
Marincin Ceci

Reactions: New Liskeard

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Don't know if this is a trade to dump Hutch elsewhere, but what I find dumb is Colorado now has too many goalies in their system.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Lol doesn't make sense for colorado

It makes a tonne of sense for Colorado.

Grubauer is out for a couple more weeks but will be back well before playoffs. Our backup goalie right now is Hunter Miska...

Hutch just recently went through waivers which means he is eligible to get sent down to the AHL without passing waivers for another ~3 weeks or so.

Perfect 3rd string goalie for us who can backup Francouz for now until Grubauer is back and then be sent down to the minors without needing to go through waivers again.

It makes all the sense in the world for the Avs and they gave up a guy who's pretty much trash to make it done. Rosen looked god awful at the NHL level when he was given a chance with us and hasn't even done much in the AHL this year.

Basically trash for trash deal but it definitely makes sense for the Avs.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Sakic must have felt bad for duping Dubas into taking Kerfoot off his hands. That's the only thing that makes sense here

Reactions: Morrison

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Makes sense from Toronto's POV.

Rosen is better than Marincin comfortably and can play the right side if need be. He'll replace Sandin as the Marlies' #1D in the mean time but its good injury insurance.

Hutchinson is an ECHL goalie. Glad he won't be taking minutes away from Woll/Kaskisuo in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad