Post-Game Talk: [TOR/CHI] Leafs lose In OT 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
A point at least. Could've had the second but as always, questionable personnel decisions in OT by Babcock. Biggest head scratcher being no Nylander obviously.

End of the night we're as ahead of the Islanders and Lightning as we were at the beginning. Good enough.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
That was a great game. We gave the Hawks pretty much all they could handle.

If we keep playing at this level and Andersen maintains his form, we'll win our easier match ups coming up and lock up that 2nd WC spot.

Babcock still making moronic line decisions in OT.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Tired of Babcock putting inefficient players in OT, when you need more of Nylander's ability to win.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Great game, great ot.

But someone needs to straight up ask babs about no willy in ot. There is literally NO logical reason for not putting nylander out. And especially since this isn't the first time. Like you ****ing kidding me babs? How do you justify that nonsense?

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I'll take the point. Wasn't expecting it. Andersen came up short though, we didn't give them many scoring chances.

Crawford stopped two breakaways and multiple other chances. Wish he could have got that save but who am I kidding we would lose in SO so it doesn't matter.

Andersen stopped Kane point blank, you really blame Andersen for a 2 on 1 goal lol

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I'm assuming you are talking of Nylander and I don't think I saw him on the ice at all.

Yeah that's what I mean. Nylander was buzzing all night. He generated so many chances and was flying all night. He should have been on in OT.

mrJT

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
****in Jammy ********!

What a great game, back n forth. Matthews played awesome. Totally dominant.

Andersen is playing outstanding Hockey right now, please keep it going!!

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I actually can't believe he didn't put Nylander out. What the ****. What. The. ****.

Scherzo

Feb 28, 2017
Nylander was on for the second shift in OT... Don't like the fact he didn't get the last one though.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Toews, Kane and Panarin were pretty much out for the entire OT. We didn't even have Nylander, who's been our best player over the last few weeks out.

I don't think Nylander has played more minutes in the whole season in OT that Kane an Toews played combined in this one.

Babcock needs to take some pointers from Q. He waited too long to split Rielly and Zaitsev and he's not playing our best player in the most crucial games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad