Post-Game Talk: [TOR/CHI] Leafs lose In OT 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
It was a good game because the refs let them play. There was a flow to the game which is often broken up with numerous penalty calls. When I went to "ref school" way back in the day we were told to let the borderline stuff go "if" the two teams wanted to play hockey but to call it tight if one or both teams were being idiots. Unfortunately the refs these days are too noticeable on most nights.

For better or worse, that is how I ref Rec-league games. I tell the coaches/players that I will start off by letting them play hard, but if things start getting out of hand the calls will come early and often.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Last time I checked they were getting it done?!? Not only are they in a playoff spot, they are still in competition for Boston's spot. Come tomorrow they may be 1 pt behind Boston with a game in hand.

Leafs have no skilled grinders??? That's ridiculous! Brown, Hyman and Sosh are going to be very skilled players. Hayden a 3rd round pick is being outscored by Brown a 6th round pick.

If the Leafs become Stanley Cup contenders none of them will be on the roster, playoffs are for MEN and the Leafs have too many Boy's, just sayin.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
If the Leafs become Stanley Cup contenders none of them will be on the roster, playoffs are for MEN and the Leafs have too many Boy's, just sayin.

Leafs are not the most physical team, and i would not mid them getting a bit bigger/tougher to play against, but you are pretty ridiculous sometimes.

Quick list of Pens players you could not describe as physical players.

Kessel, Sheary, Bonino, Cullen, Hagelin, Schultz, Pouliot, Daley, Dumoulin and Maatta.

Kessel, Bonino & Hagelin were one of the most effective lines in the entire playoffs. That is pretty "soft" line.

Experience is much bigger need, then physical players. A Brown, Hyman, Sosh would fit in fine on most contenders in one role or another.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Leafs are not the most physical team, and i would not mid them getting a bit bigger/tougher to play against, but you are pretty ridiculous sometimes.

Kessel, Sheary, Bonino, Cullen, Hagelin, Schultz, Pouliot, Daley, Dumoulin and Maatta.

Kessel, Bonino & Hagelin were one of the most effective lines in the entire playoffs. That is pretty "soft" line.

Experience is much bigger need, then physical players. A Brown, Hyman, Sosh would fit in fine on most contenders in one role or another.

Could they play on the Hawks come playoff time, not a chance, Hyman on the 4th line there's a chance. When you look at our prospects most are just too small to play playoff hockey they would get eaten alive. The playoffs are another game altogether, I think most Leaf fans don't watch the playoffs their Leaf fans only no Leafs no fans, perhaps 10% watch the Playoffs. I've watched the Leaf rebuilds for 50 years and none of them reach fruition because they panic and start trading their picks. Lou is 73 and his contract is up next year he's hungry for one last kick at the Can. Babcock's teams in Detroit the last few years have been knocked out of the playoffs early because their too Soft for success in playoff Hockey.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

When you have too Super Star Centre's they can make ordinary players stars, and they do, Sid doesn't back down so how can they.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Could they play on the Hawks come playoff time, not a chance, Hyman on the 4th line there's a chance. When you look at our prospects most are just too small to play playoff hockey they would get eaten alive. The playoffs are another game altogether, I think most Leaf fans don't watch the playoffs their Leaf fans only no Leafs no fans, perhaps 10% watch the Playoffs. I've watched the Leaf rebuilds for 50 years and none of them reach fruition because they panic and start trading their picks. Lou is 73 and his contract is up next year he's hungry for one last kick at the Can. Babcock's teams in Detroit the last few years have been knocked out of the playoffs early because their too Soft for success in playoff Hockey.
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->