Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CGY] TOR acquire David Rittich [50% retained] for 2022 3rd Round Pick

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Very solid pickup by Dubas, and the cost is reasonable. We really needed another capable goaltender on the roster, and Rittich fits the bill.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
We added Foligno & Nash we already have Spezza/Thornton/Engvall pre sure we have depth on our bottom 6 without him, just sayin dawg!

Keep Dermott he adds more too our team then Kerfoot with a cheaper cap hit....and Kerfoot is easier to replace atm, we can always trade Dermott in the offseason for a pick and force Seattle to take another player.
Yeah see so here's the thing Kitty Kat, if you can upgrade Dermott by using Dermott and some assets, now think carefully here, have you upgraded the blue line? Regardless of your feelings about Kerfoot, is he a more useful player than Jumbo? Than Barabanov? Than maybe Simmons even? The answer is if we're being honest is yes he is. I understand these concepts are complicated but the Leafs are taking a run at a SC and going in with your guns only partially loaded and half cocked is like not going in at all. A better forwards group coupled with a better blueline is what we should be striving for. Moving Kerfoot no matter what LeaFland says diminishes our forwards group by having to play the big tall super slow guy who's hands are no longer NHL worthy, or that speedy winger guy who's a lot of sound and fury but signifies nothing. So there you have it I know it's a lot so do your best there pooch.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
1. Needed to add some support offensive skill to replace what was lost when Kapanen and Johnsson were dealt to meet the cap: Check (Galchenyuk)
2. Needed to harden up the team for the upcoming playoffs: Check (Foligno)
3. Although Campbell has been excellent, needed to add another NHL level goalie to cover against Campbell and Hutchinson getting injured/faltering: Check (Rittich)
4. Need a veteran defenseman capable of playing the right side to guard against the impact of potential injuries on defense. Still Pending.
5. Need to retain top prospects to replace projected losses to the roster during the summers of 2021 and 2022. Check (so far)

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Given how TSN has to constantly remind us of how great Andersen is, I absolutely agree that some GM's think that way too.

I think it’s unlikely that these GM’s believe that Freddy is healthy enough to help anybody right now. He’s a broken down goaltender who choked in big games.

The leafs were going nowhere with him and everyone knew it including Andersen. It’s obvious he’s on his way out.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I think it’s unlikely that these GM’s believe that Freddy is healthy enough to help anybody right now. He’s a broken down goaltender who choked in big games.

They shouldn't believe that, but we're talking about NHL GM's here... Not exactly the most objective group of people.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Another brilliant move by Dubie ... has Freddy torn his groin????? some people think so ... but even guys on team have NO idea folks ... NO one knows ... all people know is it is his groin and that's it ... very very small Lou circle on this one folks ... if it is torn then we won't see Freddy again ... if it is just a strain then he may come back for playoffs ... take ur best guess ... i got no clue ... Freddy will be on LTIR for rest of season and comes back for playoffs is my guess ... which helps us pick up a defensive big D man for playoffs

great to have BIG SAVE DAVE on our squad as a backup plan and to help with load rest of season ... thanks bud

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Extremely curious if this means is Freddy is out for season + playoffs
I am thinking insurance for any scenario. Freddy healthy is a good goalie. Campbell has the net and earned it but I don’t mind having freddy depth for a reoccurring injury. Good depth move with-a safety net factor. If Dubas adds one more goalie than the cats out the bag Freddy is injured beyond returning.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaFe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad