LeBrun: TOR/CAR Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Neat.

Pesce will save your season and anchor your top pair with Rielly for the next 5 years and possibly beyond. GTFO outta here with Kapanen and Johnson, they can't save your season....
ill say it over and over pesce sucks leafs don't need him...…...

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
keep thinking like that, I always heard defence wins championships, well if that was the case the canes awesome defence has them always at the top of the standing awesome defence. give it a rest dude your is just average at best that's it

1) That was American football, 2) the 'Canes are 13th in the League standings as per points, so above average, ttyvm

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Neat.

Pesce will save your season and anchor your top pair with Rielly for the next 5 years and possibly beyond. GTFO outta here with Kapanen and Johnson, they can't save your season....
I wasn't aware that our season needed saving?

But yeah, if Kapanen is not enough then I don't think a deal is going to be made. My personal opinion is that you'd be very happy with Kapanen as a return once he settles in for a bigger role than we give him. Like I said earlier, he's 22 and I think he could be a 60 point all situations guy for you right now. He's RFA after the season so you'd also get full control over the contract situation.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
ill say it over and over pesce sucks leafs don't need him...…...

He doesn't suck. Not sure you watch other teams play. He's a very steady D-man.

In my opinion, both Kapanen and Johnsson should be on the table for Pesce.

Toronto would be stupid not to consider that. We have an embarrassment of riches at the forward position and definitely should supplement some of that for D help because Gardiner is not back next year.

Rielly - Pesce
Muzzin - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

Fine D.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I actually thinks that's a pretty bad list. Most of those are big reaches for Pesce in terms of value.

Huberdeau if traded would fetch more than Pesce for sure

Connor is still an RFA and having a great year. He'll be signed to a big time deal

Reinhart, see Connor

Tarasenko, see Huberdeau

ROR, is having an excellent year and STL has no reason to trade him

Schmaltz is the type of player that we would want but only has one more year on his RFA status, he'll be locked up as long as he continues his progression

It would be a player who is young, good, but not amazing and already locked up at a reasonable rate. The team trading him would be able to lose him and not open up a giant hole.

Just a difference of opinion. Your list has Couturier on it and IMO he is worth considerably more than anyone on my list. PPG centers with his defensive ability are impossible to find, I doubt Philly would deal him for Pesce (I'd say Slavin is closer to his level). I'd put Rakell up in the Connor/Ehlers/Reinhart tier as well.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
I wasn't aware that our season needed saving?

But yeah, if Kapanen is not enough then I don't think a deal is going to be made. My personal opinion is that you'd be very happy with Kapanen as a return once he settles in for a bigger role than we give him. Like I said earlier, he's 22 and I think he could be a 60 point all situations guy for you right now. He's RFA after the season so you'd also get full control over the contract situation.
common guy don't give them credit I would difinitly not give them kapanen for any of their defenceman straight up....especially no pesce, maybe Hamilton.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Muzzin played left on the top pairing too, and he is most certainly better than an average second pairing D-man. His first game was also nowhere near his best game.

And if Dubas is looking for a shutdown RD to play in a top four role, he's not looking at TvR or Faulk.

Okay I checked the shift chart on natural stat trick, and Rielly started the game paired with Muzzin, then alternated between Muzzin and Hainsey. Is this accurate? Likewise, Rielly and Muzzin played together against the Rangers per the shift chart?

So they moved Rielly to the right side, okay.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Neat.

What do you mean by pesce saving our season? The leafs are at 73 pts and in the top 5 for league wide standings. We dont need a peace to save our season now. Kapanen and johnsson are not spare parts. You guys dont want them for pesce, that is fair but we wont pull a bad deal and give you nylander. Canes fans in this thread accusing leaf fans being biased and trying to get players for lesser pieces should look at their own posts. Not all but some cane fans are looking at getting top 6 forwards for pieces like Fault+ or TVR++ which isnt any different than leaf fans trying to get a guy like pesce for johnsson+ or kap straight up. Both fans dont want to trade their players but want to see am upgrade o their roster. I dont see a trade being made but if it does one of the sides will probably be pissed at first.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Okay I checked the shift chart on natural stat trick, and Rielly started the game paired with Muzzin, then alternated between Muzzin and Hainsey. Is this accurate?
Yeah, Babcock is not happy with the pairings for some reason. I think he feels we get less from Rielly, and I understand why you'd want to get the most you can out of your best d-man. Hainsey shouldn't be the answer though. Either way, Muzzin has played predominantly with Rielly so far, and ended the game on a second pairing with Zaitsev.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I read in the trade board thread he could play the right side. Which I assumed was true, because if it weren't the case why the hell did they give up so much get him?? Their issue is their right depth, which is: Ron MF Hainsey (geriatric and off hand!), Zaitsev (and don't think other fans don't notice a team with trash right depth wants to get it's "best" right hander off the team asap), AHL'er...

Deal.

Leafs still needed an upgrade on D, and Rielly hasn't been terrible on the Right Side in the past... he isn't as good as he is on the Left... but it wasn't a terrible cost, to upgrade the D, particularly if a RHD can't be found for the run this year... and then, like I said, we have a Gardiner replacement for next year, on a good contract.

If you paid attention, or asked Kings fans, they said that Muzzin didn't play Right Side... It was mentioned by some Leafs fans, and then spread like wild fire as fact.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
keep thinking like that, I always heard defence wins championships, well if that was the case the canes awesome defence has them always at the top of the standing awesome defence. give it a rest dude your is just average at best that's it

K

if our team is so bad then you shouldn't want to trade for any of our players, so just stop these threads and stop responding to them and we will all be happier for it.

deal?

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Neat.

"Save your season" Toronto is 5th in the league, Carolina is 13th. If any team is pressured to improve, its the Canes.

As for Kapanen AND Johnsson for Pesce? I wouldn't do Kapanen straight up, and considering Johnsson has 27 points in his last 30 or so games while being top 10 in the league in p/60, he's becoming a non-starter.

The Pesce trade talk is starting to remind me of the Hamonic rumours back when he was on the Island. Would not be surprised to see Pesce struggle similarly once traded. These small market D-men get away with such little criticisms until they get under the spot light.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Sweet this discussion continues. We secretly want pesce badly but publicly he is hot garbage. “A rhd who is better than anything we got gets you a good young forward.”

Look forward to reading all the equally valuing trade offers. All 5 of them.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Surprised this has reached part 2 with how well the Canes are playing lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad