LeBrun: TOR/CAR Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I really hope another team trades a top 6 F for Pesce. If he were to come to Toronto for a bigger name he would likely be let down because the expectations would be irrationally high. I genuinely hope you get your guy Carolina! I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of a Leafs player this season.

We got our guy... it’s Pesce. We don’t want to trade him at all. We have lots of other dmen, picks, prospects, and a UFA to be in Ferland to go out and get an impact forward

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
this thread is still beating dead horses... I was hoping for some conversation on lesser pieces.. This year I don't see Toronto giving up any of their Top 6 Roster players (or Kadri)... Maybe in the offseason.
Same with the Canes.. Now pieces like TVR or Faulk are probably gettable from the canes I can't speak of what lesser pieces toronto might make available

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Bob McKenzie last night: The Canes want either Johnsson or Kapanen for Pesce

Canes fans on here: It’s Nylander or no deal

Who’s opinion is more valuable and has merits? It’s not close

Then Dubas and the rest of management not on board with that move should be fired immediately. It’s robbery for the Leafs

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
I don't think Bob McKenzie said it was either Johnson or Kappy straight up for Pesce, but that I deal for Pesce must include one of those two players. I'm sure there would have to be other pieces.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Bob McKenzie last night: The Canes want either Johnsson or Kapanen for Pesce

Canes fans on here: It’s Nylander or no deal

Who’s opinion is more valuable and has merits? It’s not close

1) McKenzie said none of this is being pushed further between Toronto and Carolina so he's throwing hypotheticals out there. He even said "in the hypothetical sense, what if Carolina asks for Johnsson or Kapanen. What does Toronto do?"

2) McKenzie also thought Zaitsev could be included in a package back to Carolina claiming "Zaitsev + Brown + pick" as a package.

It's clear McKenzie hasn't done his homework on this deal if he thinks Carolina would have any interest in taking Zaitsev back. And I understand why he wouldn't do any homework on this deal if, as he stated "this isn't getting pushed any further down the road. They will probably talk again but it's not close to getting done."

Last edited:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I can't see the Leafs and Canes making a trade. The Canes need scoring now and the Leafs aren't looking to give up roster players from their top 9. Don't see how anything can break that impasse. Carolina is looking to make the playoffs this year. They will only trade away core D pieces to strengthen their weaknesses immediately.

My belief is that the Leafs will end up making a trade with Detroit to acquire Glendening and Jensen. Detroit needs to stockpile picks and prospects. They can also take on Connor Brown's contract with no repercussion.

Reactions: Tryamw

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
1) McKenzie said none of this is being pushed further between Toronto and Carolina so he's throwing hypotheticals out there. He even said "in the hypothetical sense, what if Carolina asks for Johnsson or Kapanen. What does Toronto do?"

2) McKenzie also thought Zaitsev could be included in a package back to Carolina claiming "Zaitsev + Brown + pick" as a package.

It's clear McKenzie hasn't done his homework on this deal if he thinks Carolina would have any interest in taking Zaitsev back.

So our incentive to take Zaitsev, a player we have no use for, is “20 goal scoring winger” Conor Brown and probably a 2nd or lower?

I like Bobby Mac but if he thinks this is a possibility he’s either got no clue what he’s talking about or he is simply pandering to the largest part of his fan base - leafs fans.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

It's clear McKenzie hasn't done his homework on this deal if he thinks Carolina would have any interest in taking Zaitsev back. And I understand why he wouldn't do any homework on this deal if, as he stated "this isn't getting pushed any further down the road. They will probably talk again but it's not close to getting done."

Are you stating that HF users know more about deals than Bob Mackenzie? That’s just laughable, the users on here always demand the moon for their players and usually end up with leftovers haha

Reactions: DelusionalLeafsFan

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

I am in no way pushing a deal of any kind, nor am i saying that McKenzie is doing anything but speculating....but saying McKenzie doesn't do his homework is probably inaccurate. Of all the hockey shills out here, Bobby Mac is probably the most reliable when it comes to not pulling stuff out of his ass.

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Lmao why? You have so many top defenders in the system right lol

Pesce for Johnsson would be a terrible move for Carolina. There’s no way around it. I don’t care if you add pieces to even out the value. If he’s the main piece coming back that’s a bad trade. Doesn’t matter if we have other good defensemen. After Slavin, Pesce is the next best defenseman in our team and he’s on a sweetheart of a deal. He can’t move for anything short of a great deal - a one for one for a comparable forward talent.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Pesce for Johnsson would be a terrible move for Carolina. There’s no way around it. I don’t care if you add pieces to even out the value. If he’s the main piece coming back that’s a bad trade. Doesn’t matter if we have other good defensemen. After Slavin, Pesce is the next best defenseman in our team and he’s on a sweetheart of a deal. He can’t move for anything short of a great deal - a one for one for a comparable forward talent.
There is no such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad