Confirmed with Link: [TOR/ARI] TOR acquire G Carter Hutton from ARI for Future Considerations

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I like how he has a 98% consistency.

I guess it is not that hard to be consistently awful.

Reactions: Ashdown2

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It wouldn’t shock me if it’s Ho Sang

And all we got was Hutton?

My guess is Hutton doesn't play another game. We are just holding onto his contract.

Also, I doubt Ho-Sang is down for that. If he is not playing in the NHL, he probably wants to stay here... And I would bet the Leafs want to keep him too.

I would give them Jeremy McKenna.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
my guess is if Dzingel got claimed the deal was they have to take Hutton
TRADE: Maple Leafs acquire goaltender Carter Hutton for future considerations

The Toronto Maple Leafs were not done dealing with the Arizona Coyotes.

Two days after sending castoff forward Nick Ritchie to the desert, the Maple Leafs acquired goaltender Carter Hutton from the desert in exchange for future considerations.

Hutton was limited to just three games with the Coyotes this season after he suffered an ankle injury back in October. The 36-year-old cleared waivers earlier in the afternoon and will not be on the team’s active roster.

The Thunder Bay, Ontario, native is on a one-way, $750,000 contract. Although not expensive, it is another contract off the books. With goalies Scott Wedgewood and rookie Karel Vejmelka taking the reins in goal while Hutton was absent, the veteran became expendable.

In Hutton, the Leafs get another goaltender to add to their depth, although given the age and lack of playing time, it’s hard to expect that he will be much a factor for the Leafs. With Joseph Woll proving himself this season to be a sufficient No. 3 option, it’s hard to see any situation where Carter Hutton factors into the team’s plans.

Two days ago, the Maple Leafs acquired defenceman Ilya Lyubushkin and forward Ryan Dzingel in exchange for Ritchie and a conditional second-round NHL Draft Pick. Although the money for this season evened out in that trade (Lyubushkin $1.35 million and Dzingel $1.1 million), Ritchie’s $2.5 million cap hit for 2022-23 is further offset by the Leafs taking Hutton’s contract.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
And all we got was Hutton?

My guess is Hutton doesn't play another game. We are just holding onto his contract.

Also, I doubt Ho-Sang is down for that. If he is not playing in the NHL, he probably wants to stay here... And I would bet the Leafs want to keep him too.

I would give them Jeremy McKenna.

You think Ho Sang has an AHL no trade clause? You think he has any real value?

Reactions: hurricure

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
After tonight’s game with Mrazek it kind of makes sense we’re getting another goalie. Is it possible the group doesn’t like playing in front of Mrazek?

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
When Dzingel got picked up, maybe a clause kicked in "ok, Dzingel didn't cost you anything so you take another dud contract .... to sweeten the money pot for us taking Ritchie ..."
Then again, maybe another deal is brewing ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad