Confirmed with Link: [TOR/ARI] TOR acquire G Carter Hutton from ARI for Future Considerations

banks

W W 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Said this same thing in on the main board. This move is totally on-brand for Kyle Dubas. He has a history of bringing in AHL depth that has NHL experience before the playoffs.

In the last 2 years:
Cale Rosen
Riley Nash
Dave Rittich
Ben Hutton

And he just tried to get Dzingle to the AHL, too. It's what Dubas does. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we saw the Leafs acquire another player, maybe a forward, who fits that description.

Reactions: Buds17 and aingefan

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
lol this is a trade to shore up our echl/ahl backup position in case we need to bring up a goalie, we immediately loaned him right back to arizona...that should tell u everything.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Let's go ahead and waive Hutton..... I'm willing to bet another team claims our scraps. Again.

Hutton was waived by Arizona before the trade. The Leafs can put him directly in the minors. The deal is simply to save Arizona a few bucks. Hutton ears his full salary ($750K) in the minors. So, if ARI would be paying him about ~$375K for the rest of the season. Trading him to Toronto means that Toronto pays that money instead. It's basically the Leafs taking on a contract to help reduce the cost of Ritchie for the Coyotes.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
im willing to bet they dont, his numbers are atrocious lol.
Obviously, they're not very good. But, he has played on the worst team in the league the last 2 years and has only played 3 games this season, so it's a short sample size. The year before that he played on a team who was 4th worst in league. If he plays in Toronto, that is a completely different level of defensive ability, which could see a boost in his performance.

The way I look at the Marlies goaltenders (Woll, Hutch and Kallgren). Is that none of them are that dominant this season. Woll and Kallgren are still an unfinished product, Kallgren has come back to earth after a good start. Hutch is having a terrible season. If Hutton plays well in the AHL, a place where he hasn't played a game since 2013, he might become the frontrunner for the #3 goalie heading into the playoffs and may even be a useful depth piece as insurance.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Kyper says there are no future considerations. The Leafs are pretty much taking and paying Hutton his salary taking it off the Yotes' plate. Thanks for coming.
Well he is the agents favourite GM to deal with perhaps he wants to be the GMs favourite too.

Reactions: ToneDog

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I thought not having to sweeten too much to dump Ritch was too good to be true. If we are taking Hutton as a favour to save them $400K, I can see clearly now, the rain has gone. ;)
Not that big a deal, it's only a bit of money.
You tee'd it up, it would have been rude of me not to take the shot.

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
I thought not having to sweeten too much to dump Ritch was too good to be true. If we are taking Hutton as a favour to save them $400K, I can see clearly now, the rain has gone. ;)

Not my money. Rather give them the money than a draft pick we don't have. ;)

i believe the subtitle for this play is "how to retain salary in a trade without retaining salary" or "how to retain salary and not have it show up on the cap"

this has pridhham written all over it methinks

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
i believe the subtitle for this play is "how to retain salary in a trade without retaining salary" or "how to retain salary and not have it show up on the cap"

this has pridhham written all over it methinks

Really? You think it takes a cap expert to figure out a move like this? It seems like something that anybody with a rudimentary understanding of the cap could figure out. It’s pretty simple and straightforward.

Reactions: binop7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad