Confirmed with Link: [TOR/ARI] Carter Hutton traded to Toronto for future considerations

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I still don't understand why Toronto did this, unless it's a personal favour to Hutton. Which would be really weird.

Does he drive the Zamboni or something? :sarcasm:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I still don't understand why Toronto did this, unless it's a personal favour to Hutton. Which would be really weird.

Does he drive the Zamboni or something? :sarcasm:
They want goalie insurance for the playoffs and will see what Hutton is capable of in Tucson. Purely a low (no) risk play for them.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Domingue had a few good stretches it's not him. Maybe worst goalie who actually saw significant action, though Boucher was pretty rough outside of his shutout streak.

Hutton was intended to be the starter. Guys like Auld and Pickard were at least intended to be stop gaps or reclamation projects so the odds they were gonna suck was high.

Lindback was pretty terrible but at least he was the backup.

David LeNevue was pretty freaking bad, 2nd round pick too :laugh:. He just seemed overwhelmed by NHL speed.

Also, Louis Domingue had both a higher Sv% and lower GAA for us than did Curtis Joseph (!)

My recollection on him was he had one good year and one pretty horrible one. So horrible we tried the three headed goalie monster the next season lol.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
David LeNevue was pretty freaking bad, 2nd round pick too :laugh:. He just seemed overwhelmed by NHL speed.

I don't remember for sure, but I seem to recall that I was always hoping that LeNeveu would get a shot in the net, and then immediately upon getting that shot he proved that my wish was the worst possible scenario.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I am still confused as to how this deal benefits the Leafs. Ok they get another depth goalie, but Hutton? That's really the best free goalie available? What is their zamboni driver up to these days?
Carolina got their zamboni driver for a depth option at zamboni. Dallas was a runner up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad