Confirmed with Link: [TOR/ANA] - Staubitz+Holland for Blacker+3rd+7th

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Yay a centre! With our defensive prospect depth Blacker was expendable. Both him and Holland sound like they've been struggling in their respective organizations, hopefully a change of scenery will do them both good.

Welcome to Toronto Holland! :handclap:

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
One very generic analysis of Peter Holland here : http://www.forecaster.ca/demos/hockey/player.php?7445

Assets: Is a versatile forward with scoring and all-around upside. Owns an ideal frame (6-3, 200 pounds) for the National Hockey League game.

Flaws: Needs to make better use of his 6-3 frame, especially in terms of his physical play, in order to make an impact at the highest level.

Career Potential: Scoring forward with upside.

Sounds like Joe Colbourne from that.

Brad Staubitz:

Assets: An experienced and willing pugilist and agitator, he's also versatile (with experience at both wings and defense). Has excellent team-first qualities.

Flaws: A liability in his own zone, he lacks experience and offensive acumen as a forward. Also takes some bad penalties from time to time. Can't be used a lot.

Career Potential: Decent part-time enforcer.

Sounds like Ryan Hollweg from that. I suspect he may just be a one way contract Anaheim wants to shed.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Holland is miles ahead of Mckegg, don't like it if it is a 2nd rounder, not unless the condition is we make the conference finals this season. Nonis MO deal 2nd rounders but not 1st rounders.

No choice, we were very weak at C depth when Colborne was dealt.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Could grow into something more who knows but right now, he's a depth center. That's the most important thing.

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
Well, they needed someone to play centre so it makes sense.

Seems pretty dumb that they traded Colborne away for a bag of conditional pucks now, even though he was garbage.

Welcome Holland, best of luck.

GLG!

funny u mention this.

for two years i have felt holland and colborne were very similar in that they had size and skill and should be solid NHL 2nd line centers and yet something was just missing.

excited for Holland to get a look in TOR, i hope he breaks out and sticks!

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
I think the idea with this move is that it both provides immediate help and is hopefully a longer term solution.

hd1344

Nov 16, 2012
The Hammer
Scout report on Blacker fellas? (Not expecting much

Blacker's an enigma. One of those "great tools/no toolbox yet" kinda players.

When his game is on, can contribute at both ends of the ice. Good skater and not afraid to be physical, active in all areas of the ice. He's also wildly inconsistent, and prone to long stretches of indifferent play, including bad reads and getting caught up ice.

Hasn't seen the ice much this year for the Marlies and has struggled for the most part. A change in scenery might help him realize his potential.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Well, they needed someone to play centre so it makes sense.

Seems pretty dumb that they traded Colborne away for a bag of conditional pucks now, even though he was garbage.

Welcome Holland, best of luck.

GLG!

When Colborne was traded, our depth was Bozak, Kadri, Bolland, McClement. Colborne played with zero heart and determination in the preseason.

Now, we are down Bozak, Kadri, Bolland. We have a winger playing center, and two AHL centers. Do you see now why trading Colborne at the time made sense and how calling that move 'dumb' has no bearing right now? I can't believe people still think we should have kept Colborne.

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
Traded one of our surplus of D prospects for a need. Like the move.

As per HF

Talent Analysis

Holland has begun to put his game together in the past couple of seasons. Where he was a player who could have been described as having all the tools but no tool box, Holland has evened out his effort and consistency. He is a big player with a soft touch. Although he is more of a shoot-first center, he has the vision and passing skills to be a respectable setup man.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
I like the move. We give up an asset where we have a lot of depth (Young Defenceman) and acquire a young centre who can fill in currently where we are depleted, and then be sent back to the Marlies to develop once everyone is healthy.

Solid move by Nonis.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Holland is not going to be 15th overall Holland but he's much better than the centres we have right now.

Something needed to be done with Bolland, Bozak, Kadri out.

He can't be worse than the centres we have right now.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Supposedly he will be playing tonight too? Awesome, gives me a little more interest in tonights game. Yesterday sorta killed my leaf buzz momentarily haha

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Blacker's an enigma. One of those "great tools/no toolbox yet" kinda players.

When his game is on, can contribute at both ends of the ice. Good skater and not afraid to be physical, active in all areas of the ice. He's also wildly inconsistent, and prone to long stretches of indifferent play, including bad reads and getting caught up ice.

Hasn't seen the ice much this year for the Marlies and has struggled for the most part. A change in scenery might help him realize his potential.

His middle name wouldn't happen to be Luca Sbisa would it? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad