Confirmed with Link: [TOR/ANA] - Staubitz+Holland for Blacker+3rd+7th

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks 4m

The #NHLDucks have acquired defenseman Jesse Blacker and two 2014 draft picks from Toronto in exchange for Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Leafs Acquire Peter Holland

AnaheimDucks: The #NHLDucks have acquired defenseman Jesse Blacker and two 2014 draft picks from Toronto in exchange for Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz.

mirtle: The picks the Leafs give up are a conditional third rounder (can become a second) and a seventh rounder.

mirtle: Holland is joining the Leafs immediately and will likely play tonight. Staubitz is going to the Marlies.

Last edited:

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I know nothing about him. So he's a Center that's good. How high is his upside?

CmonLeafs

Oct 22, 2010
Ottawa
Great trade. Blacker is a OK prospect, and might be a bottom-pairing guy in the NHL, but he's not as good as Percy, Rielly, MacWilliam, and maybe even Finn and Holzer. Was never going to fit.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
lisa dillman ‏@reallisa 20s
Picks are third and seventh rounders in 2014 draft -third round pick becomes second should Holland play 25 games this season after the trade

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
TSN confirmed. Help at C and RW

Blacker is gone, thank goodness we at least got something for him. The picks, probably mid rounders. 3rd at best is my guess probably a 4th.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
James Mírtle ‏@mirtle 16s

Holland is joining the Leafs immediately and will likely play tonight. Staubitz is going to the Marlies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Scout report on Blacker fellas? (Not expecting much)

Holland has been a good AHL scorer, but has been pretty much invisible in all the NHL time he saw. Good shot, but seems to go invisible often, could be a decent player if he can put it all together.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Scout report on Blacker fellas? (Not expecting much)

Holland has been a good AHL scorer, but has been pretty much invisible in all the NHL time he saw. Good shot, but seems to go invisible often, could be a decent player if he can put it all together.

Blacker had 1 incredible training camp then completely disappeared. Plays a strong two-way game when hes on but has been quite the disappointment in the AHL.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Looks like we've found a third line centre to fill in for Bolland once Kadri and Bozak return
.. Is Holland still waiver eligible if the Leafs get healthy down the middle later in the year?

Murphy Blue

Live blue
Nov 12, 2008
Newfoundland
Well, they needed someone to play centre so it makes sense.

Seems pretty dumb that they traded Colborne away for a bag of conditional pucks now, even though he was garbage.

Welcome Holland, best of luck.

GLG!

leafstilldeath*

TSN confirmed. Help at C and RW

Blacker is gone, thank goodness we at least got something for him. The picks, probably mid rounders. 3rd at best is my guess probably a 4th.

I hope so. I would not be fine with the 2nd rounder. Blacker is a solid prospect and Ducks got a decent D as well.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Blacker had 1 incredible training camp then completely disappeared. Plays a strong two-way game when hes on but has been quite the disappointment in the AHL.
Similar to Holland really (minus the AHL disappointment part), hopefully change of scenery helps both players out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad