Speculation: TOR/ANA making a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
When will the TSN blue lenses myth die? If anything they try so hard to over come that they bash the Leafs and always say ridiculous stuff like Nylander has to be traded and Marner for Gudbranson (LOL)..

Even Kessel wasn't a top 50 player while he was a Leaf by TSN.
I suggest maybe watching Montour instead of spewing out bs, because he is older. I mean morgan rielly had his first solid season this year at 23/24. Before that he was pretty underwhelming. He could have really benefited for spending more time developing.

Reactions: Snowman

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I suggest maybe watching Montour instead of spewing out bs, because he is older. I mean morgan rielly had his first solid season this year at 23/24. Before that he was pretty underwhelming. He could have really benefited for spending more time developing.

Maybe he was rushed a bit but at the same time he has been playing hard minutes for years. Last year it wasn't even close, Rielly outclassed him both offensively and defensively while playing not just harder minutes than him, but almost the top of the league in difficult assignments. Only three D put up 50 points playing the competition Rielly did. The other two I believe were Doughty and Hedman.

However not going to get into it with you, your history with the Leafs and their players speaks for itself. You would never admit they were good or that they are better than a comparable on your team. Trying to compare Montour to Rielly just shows how out of touch you are.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe he was rushed a bit but at the same time he has been playing hard minutes for years. Last year it wasn't even close, Rielly outclassed him both offensively and defensively while playing not just harder minutes than him, but almost the top of the league in difficult assignments. Only three D put up 50 points playing the competition Rielly did. The other two I believe were Doughty and Hedman.

However not going to get into it with you, your history with the Leafs and their players speaks for itself. You would never admit they were good or that they are better than a comparable on your team. Trying to compare Montour to Rielly just shows how out of touch you are.
Ive said rielly is good on many occasions.. my biggest gripe with him is that he hasn't done It consistently .. he has had 1 good year on a team with a stacked offense. I compared their ages, Montour wasn't on a team that had to rush him into the league so they didn't... I didn't compare them as players. Ive said he struggled due to being rushed into the NHL... and playing on really bad leaf teams... but hes finally getting support and playing close to the player he could/should be... I even said hell be catching up to Lindholm/forseberg in the 2012 draft, if he continues playing at this lvl.

I say a lot of good things about nylander/kapanen/kadri also, I think Matthews gets overrated with the "generational" tag. As for what comparables? What is your definition of comparables?
Lindholm/Rielly?
Nylander/Rakell?
Fowler/Gardiner?
Gibson/Andersen?
Getz/Matthews?

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Someone was on Andrew Nielsen's instagram at 2:30am? Someone has way too much time on their hands.

And also notice that he dropped the Toronto location at approximately the same time he liked Anaheim.

I bet it was one of his buddies getting a hold of his phone while out, and f***ing with him. My friends would totally pull off a prank like that if presented the opportunity.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Ive said rielly is good on many occasions.. my biggest gripe with him is that he hasn't done It consistently .. he has had 1 good year on a team with a stacked offense. I compared their ages, Montour wasn't on a team that had to rush him into the league so they didn't... I didn't compare them as players. Ive said he struggled due to being rushed into the NHL... and playing on really bad leaf teams... but hes finally getting support and playing close to the player he could/should be... I even said hell be catching up to Lindholm/forseberg in the 2012 draft, if he continues playing at this lvl.

I say a lot of good things about nylander/kapanen/kadri also, I think Matthews gets overrated with the "generational" tag. As for what comparables? What is your definition of comparables?
Lindholm/Rielly?
Nylander/Rakell?
Fowler/Gardiner?
Gibson/Andersen?
Getz/Matthews?

Our offense has only been stacked for two years! The first of those years he get next to zero pp minutes. Gardiner was pp 1 and Zaitsev was pp 2.

Reilly gets all the hard minutes, and is continuing to improve. He's 24 just entering his prime and put up 52 pts playing top QoC and 2nd pp minutes. Your premise is ridiculous.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Our offense has only been stacked for two years! The first of those years he get next to zero pp minutes. Gardiner was pp 1 and Zaitsev was pp 2.

Reilly gets all the hard minutes, and is continuing to improve. He's 24 just entering his prime and put up 52 pts playing top QoC and 2nd pp minutes. Your premise is ridiculous.
What "premise" lol... he was okay the year before, and before that somewhat struggled.

Hey Montour is 24, and just entered his prime too! Only took him 1 year @ the Nhl level... its almost like they had different development curves.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
https://www.bardown.com/a-leafs-pro...ity-has-fans-jumping-to-conclusions-1.1157984

This is nuts. We're not prying Lindholm from them, especially for that package.

Give Kyle Dubas GM of the year if that deal happens.
#fanfiction

Is it not just a joke akin to Halak, Ryder, and a 2nd?

More lately its become a meme or joke. But, we made hundreds of those kind of trade proposals before and people were being serious.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Wow, when TSN wants to drum up speculation during a quiet offseason, they sure know how to do it. :help:

"Seguin spotted vacationing in Muskoka? He obviously doesn't want to talk contract with Dallas, will he be following JT to Toronto?!" :scared: :sarcasm: :laugh:

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
What "premise" lol... he was okay the year before, and before that somewhat struggled.

Hey Montour is 24, and just entered his prime too! Only took him 1 year @ the Nhl level... its almost like they had different development curves.

Are you seriously asking me to identify your premise?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Which Duck would look good in a St. Pats jersey?
In my opinion, I don't see a big move happening between the two teams at this time of the year if one happens at all. I think a project prospect for project prospect swap makes sense. Maybe even Nielsen for Holzer. Holzer is familiar with the Leafs organization, and Toronto could use a cheap #7D. Anaheim gets a project defenseman with size. Win-win.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA

It's almost like they had different organizational depth, too.

Almost.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto

Lindholm/Rielly?
Nylander/Rakell?
Fowler/Gardiner?
Gibson/Andersen?
Getz/Matthews?

Lol @ the getz/matthews comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad