Top WHLers to Watch This Season

squidz*

Anything to add about Brett Bulmer? He's still with the Wild at this point, but a return to Kelowna seems inevitable once Staubitz comes back from suspension. His development seems to be too similar to Colton Gillies' for them to keep him in St. Paul all year with how underweight he is.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
A sleeper to watch from the Wheaties is Eric Roy. Crazy offensive instincts and will get a lot of PP time this year, his 40 foot tape to tape passes are unreal. Still learning to play D, but, like Pulock he is more physical this year which can only help.
All things being equal, Weal is an interesting guy to watch, even though he's usually lapping my Wheaties!!

RonTugnutt

Kesler is washed up
Sep 5, 2011
Anything to add about Brett Bulmer? He's still with the Wild at this point, but a return to Kelowna seems inevitable once Staubitz comes back from suspension. His development seems to be too similar to Colton Gillies' for them to keep him in St. Paul all year with how underweight he is.

He could be a real big producer for Kelowna IF Bulmer becomes a reliable producer. Opposed to the streaky player he was last year. All the tools are in the shed, a matter of whether he wants to use them all on a regular basis or not.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Brendan Gallagher was a late cut from Montreal, really impressing. Should be near the top of scoring again in the WHL

Mr Lahey*

I'm not a St. Louis fan but I think Ty Rattie is going to do big things in Portland this year. From what I've seen he's looking like hes ready to hit some big numbers this year. Just so much finesse and skill.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I'm not a St. Louis fan but I think Ty Rattie is going to do big things in Portland this year. From what I've seen he's looking like hes ready to hit some big numbers this year. Just so much finesse and skill.

Especially with Baertschi there now. The two of them have a lot of chemistry together, I can easily see them both as the top scorers this year.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Brandon Ranford starting strong again. After finishing his suspensions, he posted 1 goals and 2 assists in his first game back and supposedly looked dominate.. Supposedly he is in shape again, and ready for the long haul of the season. He told csnphilly that he got lazy and out of shape midway through last season. Said he wont make that mistake again.

Tarpit*

11g and 0 apples :laugh:, that goal total is insanely impressive, but not 1 assist, that almost seems impossible to pull off.

But his +/- is 0, he has a lot of flash but his game still needs work.

Gernat is on fire with Oil Kings, pop another 2 last night.

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com
Brandon Ranford starting strong again. After finishing his suspensions, he posted 1 goals and 2 assists in his first game back and supposedly looked dominate.. Supposedly he is in shape again, and ready for the long haul of the season. He told csnphilly that he got lazy and out of shape midway through last season. Said he wont make that mistake again.

Ranford look real good last night. He skating looks a lot stronger as he was fending off checks. His hands are still slick. Solid first game from him.

imbatman

Aug 27, 2010
But his +/- is 0, he has a lot of flash but his game still needs work.

Gernat is on fire with Oil Kings, pop another 2 last night.

yet, he was a +41, last season. Do not comprehend, mind blown :sarcasm:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Definitely Marek Tvrdon, 6'2 212 lbs, put up a PPG as a 17 year old last year until getting hurt. Dropped from the 1st to the 4th round cause of his injury

Lets not overrate Tvrdon. He is a good player, with a lot of skills, but hei work ethic is always a question. He was know in his junior Slovak teams, that he waz a little bit lazy. I dont know, if it is better, but i readed some article before tis season, in which his Giant couch said, that he hope, Tvrdon will learn hard work from Red Wings players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad