Top WHLers to Watch This Season

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Elaborate please

he was top 10 till a injury slowed him down last year he will have many 4/5 point games this season

St. Croix won't lead the league in scoring.

One guy I think has a great shot at it is Brendan Gallagher from Vancouver. Now that kid could realistically do it.

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com
I was very impressed by Ryan Pulock. Such poise for a 16yo (soon to be 17). He has really filled out nicely, he looks like a manchild out there. If he was draft eligible this year, I'd probably have him ahead of Rielly.

Metalownall

Oct 8, 2008
Quebec city
Renegade... what do you think of Marek Tvrdon? I'm curious about another swede late pick by the Wings that could develop into a good player I think

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Renegade... what do you think of Marek Tvrdon? I'm curious about another swede late pick by the Wings that could develop into a good player I think

Hes slovakian.

But yeah I was gonna say that too. Some had him pegged as a potenital first rounder last year before he was hurt and the wings scooped him up in the fourth round I believe?

Big kid with some edge to his game and a nose for the net from most reports, picked up a goal in his first game.

What do you think about him renegade?

Metalownall

Oct 8, 2008
Quebec city
Hes slovakian.

But yeah I was gonna say that too. Some had him pegged as a potenital first rounder last year before he was hurt and the wings scooped him up in the fourth round I believe?

Big kid with some edge to his game and a nose for the net from most reports, picked up a goal in his first game.

What do you think about him renegade?

Ooops my mistake !

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
I liked what I saw out of Nic Petan last night in Portland's opener. He's got great hockey sense. Probably a good young rookie to look out for. Also interested in seeing Troy Bourke a few times this season. Had pretty good stats for a decent PG team last year, would like to see his game a bit more to make a better eval.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I was very impressed by Ryan Pulock. Such poise for a 16yo (soon to be 17). He has really filled out nicely, he looks like a manchild out there. If he was draft eligible this year, I'd probably have him ahead of Rielly.

Really like Pulock. Seemed to just come out of nowhere last season. Should be a very high pick in 2013.

To be honest I haven't seen enough of him to give you a good report. Sorry.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Elaborate please

he was top 10 till a injury slowed him down last year he will have many 4/5 point games this season

Nothing against St. Croix ... in fact, I pumped him up quite a bit in our pre-draft rankings last year. There are simply much higher scoring players, on better teams. St. Croix simply won't lead the league in scoring - it's not a knock on him or his skill, it's more of an honest view on the Edmonton Oil Kings.

As was mentioned already, a guy like Brendan Gallagher could do it, or a guy like Brenden Shinnimin, Sven Baertschi (if he returns) ... they aren't necessarily better players, just higher scoring players.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Nothing against St. Croix ... in fact, I pumped him up quite a bit in our pre-draft rankings last year. There are simply much higher scoring players, on better teams. St. Croix simply won't lead the league in scoring - it's not a knock on him or his skill, it's more of an honest view on the Edmonton Oil Kings.

As was mentioned already, a guy like Brendan Gallagher could do it, or a guy like Brenden Shinnimin, Sven Baertschi (if he returns) ... they aren't necessarily better players, just higher scoring players.

Ty Rattie could be the top scorer IMO.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Some 16 year olds that looked good to me early

Carter Hansen - Budding Power forward once his body catches up to his mind he will be a force

Morgan Klimchuk - All kinds of skill

I think Mark Stone will lead the league in scoring this year. He looks like he gained a step and he is really physically dominate

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Steven Hoghes has been superb every time i've seen him.

I expect him if he keeps up this pace, for his draft stock to go up for sure.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Some 16 year olds that looked good to me early

Carter Hansen - Budding Power forward once his body catches up to his mind he will be a force

Morgan Klimchuk - All kinds of skill

I think Mark Stone will lead the league in scoring this year. He looks like he gained a step and he is really physically dominate

Haven't seen Klimchuk live yet but I've watched Hansen twice now. Man is he good for a 16 year old. Big, strong and quick.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
Rankin with a big game tonight including 2 goals like 9 seconds apart.

Late birthday so he is 2013 eligible, otherwise would be one of the top WHL prospects in my book. He's got size, speed and hands. Still not sure who he reminds me of but he's one to watch for sure.

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com
Rankin with a big game tonight including 2 goals like 9 seconds apart.

Late birthday so he is 2013 eligible, otherwise would be one of the top WHL prospects in my book. He's got size, speed and hands. Still not sure who he reminds me of but he's one to watch for sure.

Nice game for Rankin. He scored three in a row in under 2 minutes.

In other news, Ty Rattie looks like he is ready roll putting up 6 pts in 2 games.

RonTugnutt

Kesler is washed up
Sep 5, 2011
Nice game for Rankin. He scored three in a row in under 2 minutes.

In other news, Ty Rattie looks like he is ready roll putting up 6 pts in 2 games.

I really was surprised at how Rattie slipped a bit in the draft, I think he is a legit prospect that will shine playing a bigger role in Portland.

PenguinTommy

Jan 4, 2009
Zvolen
Definitely Joe Morrow from Pens/Winterhawks .. he would make the team if we don't have that depth ...

He's clicked with Letang perfectly, his vision, skating ability, first-pass, good slap-shot and mostly his confidence with and without the puck. Joe's been the biggest surprise so far on Pens roster hands down.

I wouldn't be surprised if he get 9 games at all, before he will be sent back to Portland, and then he can dominate in the WHL and be dark horse on Team Canada in World Juniors.

Anchor Town*

Definitely Marek Tvrdon, 6'2 212 lbs, put up a PPG as a 17 year old last year until getting hurt. Dropped from the 1st to the 4th round cause of his injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad