Top Ten Best players all-time (aesthetically)

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Kovalchuk to me while visibly fast and strong and impressive never looked the most fluid or smooth, or didn't have the most subtle deftness to his moves, to steal a line from a few posts above. Kinda looked a bit like a city jeep.

TwentyFive

Look:

Gretzky
Orr
Lemieux
Jagr
Tretiak
Hasek
Coffey
Crosby
Messier
Beliveau

Like or dislike?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Aesthetics is partly subjective, I guess, but Ovi over Fedorov for aesthetics makes zero sense.

Also, while Jagr makes sense from a skill and skating perspective, his over-the-top mullet and over-sized butt work still takes him down a notch in my book.

Btw, we're long overdue for an aesthetics thread, it's an underrated aspect of sports in general.
Zero sense? If you injected Feds with roids and throw bawls enlargement to the mix, you get Ovechkin.

Facts...opinions...

It is my opinion that it is a fact that any list without OV, two Pavels, and a Foppa is an instant no no.

6 more? Gretzky Lemieux Lundqvist Hasek Tretiak and Orr.

Last edited:

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
A few under the radar guys I always loved to watch because they were so effortlessly smooth: J.C. Tremblay, Rick MacLeish, Jean Ratelle, Ralph Backstrom. Not sure how anyone seeing Kharlamov for the first time wouldn’t be blown away. In net, Tony Esposito sure looked the superstar part — especially when he closed down the 5-hole. Roger Crozier must have been inspired by Dick Grayson — total acrobat.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Zero sense? If you injected Feds with roids and throw bawls enlargement to the mix, you get Ovechkin.

Facts...opinions...

It is my opinion that it is a fact that any list without OV, two Pavels, and a Foppa is an instant no no.

6 more? Gretzky Lemieux Lundqvist Hasek Tretiak and Orr.
Outside of few moments from his highlights, his game always was pretty sucks in terms of stickhandling aesthetics which the title talks about

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I don't think I have ever seen a better skater among defenseman as Quinn Hughes. Watching him dance the blueline, change directions and effortlessly evade forecheckers are really awesome to watch. He may not be the best defenseman ever, but in terms of skating abilities he is probably among top 5 in my lifetime (too young to have watched Orr or prime Coffey). Makar is right up there as well, both are amazing skaters that has elite puck control and consistently making high-light reel plays.

Also love watching Bure, Kariya, MacKinnon and McDavid play, I guess elite skating and puck handling are most appealing to me?

Reactions: gary69

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He's talking about Ovechkin. I think he's exaggerating. Ovechkin used to be an elite stickhandler. Overall, he's still pretty good at it.
I didn't think he could be talking about Ovechkin tbh

Got damn the internet sometimes.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad