Top Russian Prospects from the KHL: Who's Coming Over in 2019?

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
19. C Dmitriy Zhukenov (NHL rights: Vancouver Canucks)
Probability of signing in the NHL: 5%
Projected role next season (if signs): Top9 center (ECHL)

Another 21 year old with an expiring contract and looking for some career restart is Zhukenov, maybe Jim Benning has some (or any) ideas, but definitely not sure if he cares about Zhukenov at all.
It's now hard to believe that Zhukenov was taken 20 picks before Kaprizov.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It's now hard to believe that Zhukenov was taken 20 picks before Kaprizov.
20 picks before Kaprizov is in the beyond 100th pick land of mystery. It's the utter incompetence that Kaprizov was taken THAT late more than anything. Players of Zhukenov's caliber are never sure bets.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
3C if everything works out. He is not particularily great at anything NOR is he bad. Russia is extremely weak at C, yet he is not at camp for the WHC, nor was he even before Malkin and Kuznetsov were available.

He stated he wasn't going to go to the Worlds because he wanted to spend time with family before coming over to North America.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He stated he wasn't going to go to the Worlds because he wanted to spend time with family before coming over to North America.
LOL, sure. Just he was a rare guest on the NT and never in the talks this time. My biggest problem with the guy is him overvalueing himself. IIRC he wanted to push Mike Richards out of the lineup easily as a teenager in an interview. Yesterday he again was more than connfident to be a roster player right away.

Again, he is not a bad player or something and no sure shot AHLer, but I just doubt he is a sure shot top 6 player in the NHL.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
what about NHL undrafted kids who like to try in North America?

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Korshkov has looked good so far in the AHL playoffs. Scored a goal and using his big body well.

Also, Prokhorkin is pretty good. He 100% is on the Russian WHC team if he wanted to be. He was on the “Russian” Olympic team ftr.

Reactions: teddygmr

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
LOL, sure. Just he was a rare guest on the NT and never in the talks this time. My biggest problem with the guy is him overvalueing himself. IIRC he wanted to push Mike Richards out of the lineup easily as a teenager in an interview. Yesterday he again was more than connfident to be a roster player right away.

Again, he is not a bad player or something and no sure shot AHLer, but I just doubt he is a sure shot top 6 player in the NHL.

Oh god, a young player with confidence? Eek, the horror.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad