Top Russian Prospects from the KHL: Who's Coming Over in 2019?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Reactions: Atas2000

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Yes, but he is not UFA, his rights belong to LA Kings. And about RFAs I've written here: Top Russian Prospects from the KHL: Who's Coming Over in 2019?
Thanks.

Regarding Prokhorkin you said: "Kings definitely would want to have him back and reports are indicating that they won't need to wait for too long."

For sure the Kings want him back (I'm a Kings fan), but what reports are you referring to that indicate he may want to come over to the NHL?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Thanks.

Regarding Prokhorkin you said: "Kings definitely would want to have him back and reports are indicating that they won't need to wait for too long."

For sure the Kings want him back (I'm a Kings fan), but what reports are you referring to that indicate he may want to come over to the NHL?

There were reports in Russian sport medias through this season and I think even just recently I've read something about that.

Reactions: johnjm22

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
There were reports in Russian sport medias through this season and I think even just recently I've read something about that.
Do you have any links? I can't find any articles about this.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Do you have any links? I can't find any articles about this.

For example here ("Лос-Анджелес" ждет одного из лучших русских центров. Дождется?) Eronko writes that during Mike Futa's trip to St. Petersburg in November Prokhorkin told him that he is coming over. Also couple of days ago a more yellowish media sport24.ru spread out the rumor that SKA didn't play him recently due to him refusing to re-sign (can't find the exact link now somehow).

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Since this thread got bumped anyway it is worth noticing that Golyshev signed a new deal with Automobilist for 4 more years. I guess I wasn't sceptical enough when I evaluated his chances. But yeah, family is a complicated thing.

Reactions: teddygmr

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So, a small update on Golyshev: he has an agrement to leave for the NHL in 2 years.

As for other rumors..:

giphy.gif

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
If gusev signs a 1 year deal for the playoffs, is he a Ufa for next season, given he is 27?
If he signs a one-year deal right now, it would expire June 30th, 2019. Since his birthday is in July, I'm pretty sure he'd still be a RFA.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He’ll be a top six winger. I think there’s a chance he could be a first line winger, but his skating is average for a smaller perimeter winger.

Gusev is a very good skater. Not probably the fastest (fast enough, though), but very agile, which is more important, than been just fast. He's the better skater, than Kaprizov for sure. And he always plays with his head up and always is ready to give a good pass, so it's very hard to check him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gusev is a very good skater. Not probably the fastest (fast enough, though), but very agile, which is more important, than been just fast. He's the better skater, than Kaprizov for sure. And he always plays with his head up and always is ready to give a good pass, so it's very hard to check him.

Smaller perimeter wingers need better speed. Kaprizov is very strong and plays less of a perimeter game. I'm not saying Gusev won't be a good NHL'er, but to be as effective as he is in the KHL, having better acceleration would help on the smaller ice.

Reactions: Flynn84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad