Top Russian Prospects from the KHL: Who's Coming Over in 2019?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Yeah, there is no chance, Las Vegas will burn the only Gusev's ELC year for a very questionable playoffs run, even if Nikita agrees to come early and SKA agrees to terminate the contract before April, 30th.
Well it could (and probably should) be Gusev's demand that first entrly level year is burnt off by Vegas in order to get him commit to them.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I doubt it, it's easier to earn a good contract, playing a full season, than a fraction.
It is not about earning anything, it is all about getting out of entry level deal shackles as soon as possible.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
@Caser

Thank you for posting this. However not quite familiar with Gavrikov. Is he considered a two way guy? Shut down guy or offensive guy?

Thank you

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Awesome post, thanks for taking the time to share you're knowledge with us. Golyshev is an interesting prospect for my Isles, I do hope he comes over eventually. He occasionally posts pics on his Instagram of his kids in Isles gear with an Islanders hashtag, so that's good I guess.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
@Caser

Thank you for posting this. However not quite familiar with Gavrikov. Is he considered a two way guy? Shut down guy or offensive guy?

Thank you

When I saw your comment I had to doublecheck the details of the Duchene trade. :D

Gavrikov is a shutdown guy, who contributes to the offense from time to time when the situation is right.

Awesome post, thanks for taking the time to share you're knowledge with us. Golyshev is an interesting prospect for my Isles, I do hope he comes over eventually. He occasionally posts pics on his Instagram of his kids in Isles gear with an Islanders hashtag, so that's good I guess.

With Golyshev I basically just thought what I would do if I was in his place, I mean, currently there are two options for him:

1. Leaving his wife with a newborn and another little kid and joining the Isles with no real financial "airbag" in case it doesn't go the right way.

2. Waiting for couple of years and coming over together with his wife and kids in a much simplier family situation and with some money in your pocket.

I mean, I'm not sure if many of us would really choose the first option here.

Reactions: DJB

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Any talk of Svetlakov getting out of the last year of his contract? The Wild should have a couple openings next year.

The issue is that "getting out of the last year of his contract" is basically just a somehow popular myth, as teams are, for obvious reasons, not fond of letting their important players just like that.

Reactions: Atas2000

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Very good post the detail is tremendous.

One question: what’s your opinion in Kaprizov and how do you feel he will do in the NHL when he comes over?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Very good post the detail is tremendous.

One question: what’s your opinion in Kaprizov and how do you feel he will do in the NHL when he comes over?

Well, I think it is obvious that Kaprizov is hockey's one of the top prospect, so if we substitute that in your question we'll get 'how do you feel hockey's one of the top prospect will do in the NHL when he comes over?' and the answer here is quite obvious either.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Judging by recent reports I might be too sceptical about Golyshev's chances of coming over than I should.
You mean he is staying in the KHL, or that his game wouldn't adjust to the NHL?

Isles could desperately use some top-9 scoring talent.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
You mean he is staying in the KHL, or that his game wouldn't adjust to the NHL?

Isles could desperately use some top-9 scoring talent.

He said he was too skeptical about whether Golyshev would come to the NHL. The reports indicate that he's joining the Islanders for next season.

Yep, that's what I meant. Also thinking that it must mean Lou made an offer he couldn't refuse, for example, promising him Eberle's spot.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Well, I think it is obvious that Kaprizov is hockey's one of the top prospect, so if we substitute that in your question we'll get 'how do you feel hockey's one of the top prospect will do in the NHL when he comes over?' and the answer here is quite obvious either.
So... well?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If we are talking something more concrete, then i think for top attacking prospects a common expectation is around 0.5 ppg in the first season gradually growing towards ppg production in a couple of years later.
That's even a bit cautious for the beginning.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Kovalenko is signed for at least one more season in the KHL, correct? I assume that he will make the jump at some point, but I wonder if it will be delayed/complicated by his father's role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad