Top Potential UFA NCAA Prospects

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Any news on Myers yet?

I’d give it a few days, he’s probably gonna need a little time to get over being eliminated. Unlike a normal year when the Frozen Four would coincide with the NHL regular season ending, he’s got a couple weeks to sign. So he’d have a little time to possibly visit a couple teams in person and still burn the first year.

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
a few pages back I saw something about the Flyers and 2 other teams being linked to Myers. Haven't seen anything else. Wondering if there have been any other rumors on him since then. Rangers are sitting at 49 contracts and did not burn a year with Trivigno so I thought since they need centers they might be in on Myers to the end.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
a few pages back I saw something about the Flyers and 2 other teams being linked to Myers. Haven't seen anything else. Wondering if there have been any other rumors on him since then. Rangers are sitting at 49 contracts and did not burn a year with Trivigno so I thought since they need centers they might be in on Myers to the end.

Theres an article about him on the athletic. It says the wild consider him like adding a late first rounder and that hes the best NCAA free agent in a ~decade (krug or Bozak). Hes meeting with teams Sunday and Monday then will decide after that.

Minnesota thinks hes good enough to contribute in the playoffs right now. I read on twitter today that Detroit is considered the front runner but the article says hes open minded and gonna listen to all the teams pitches

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
What stinks is he can't play any NHL games this last bit.

Meyers could play in the regular season, just not the playoffs as I understand it since it is after the trade deadline and he wasn’t on a reserve list. A few years back, Boston signed Marty Turco post-deadline just to to fill in a few games but he wasn’t eligible for the postseason. The Dadonov thing was because he was already signed this season, so he was in a different boat if he had been moved after the deadline.

Reactions: Son of Petter

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Had as many goals for the Buckeyes as their second and third leading goal scorers combined. Pretty impressive for a freshman although he was on the older side - he will be 22 by the start of next season. Good hands, pure sniper IMO…assuming the Bruins got a lot of good looks at him watching Lohrei so that makes sense.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Meyers could play in the regular season, just not the playoffs as I understand it since it is after the trade deadline and he wasn’t on a reserve list. A few years back, Boston signed Marty Turco post-deadline just to to fill in a few games but he wasn’t eligible for the postseason. The Dadonov thing was because he was already signed this season, so he was in a different boat if he had been moved after the deadline.
I thought since he is a UDFA he can only sign a ATO for the rest of this season and then next year he can compete for a NHL spot. I think it's the way I described because he signed post deadline. He will get his SB either way and that is the most important thing for these guys right now.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I thought since he is a UDFA he can only sign a ATO for the rest of this season and then next year he can compete for a NHL spot. I think it's the way I described because he signed post deadline. He will get his SB either way and that is the most important thing for these guys right now.
Nope! Players can sign for this season still
It happened just yesterday with Blankenburg

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Nope! Players can sign for this season still
It happened just yesterday with Blankenburg
Is this a new thing, because I thought the rule was once the TDL passes only ATO are allowed for UDFA? It would be the equivalent of Euros having to go through waivers.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Friedman mentioned Meyers briefly on HNIC. Said that he’s taking meetings with teams starting on Monday. But nothing concrete with timetable.

As mentioned previously, Meyers (and other Frozen Four participants) have the luxury of not necessarily needing to rush although we did see some guys like Blankenburg make up their minds quickly.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Anyone know about draft rights of players opting to stay for a 5th year of college (because of the Covid extension). Do NHL teams keep those players rights if they opt for a 5th year, or do they lose them after Aug. 15th?

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Anyone know about draft rights of players opting to stay for a 5th year of college (because of the Covid extension). Do NHL teams keep those players rights if they opt for a 5th year, or do they lose them after Aug. 15th?
I don't think I've heard anything about the rights getting extended.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
To the best of my knowledge, it's not 4 years after being drafted and then your held rights expire, it's that your rights expire after you complete and leave college, whether that's 3, 4, or 5 years. It's just 4 year programs started after have being drafted are the most common Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

It's after August 15th. For example: Buffalo didn't tender Max Willman a contract, he went back for a graduate season at BU. He was a UFA after August 15th, 2019.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad