Top Potential UFA NCAA Prospects

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Swedish-born forward Travis Treloar is transferring from Ohio State to Quinnipiac and will be a 22-year-old senior.

Is there anything to see in terms of being a pro prospect?

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Perets signed entry level deal with Carolina.

Siedem is entering transfer portal for fifth season of college hockey.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
With teammates Ryan McAllister and Max Sasson signing free agent deals and draftee Jason Polin signing with the Avalanche, I was just wondering if Western Michigan's Luke Grainger is receiving any feelers?
He still has two years of eligibility but with a 20 assist season would figure there are teams at least inquiring about him.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Sophomore forward Joey Larson is Michigan State's leading scoring after transferring from Northern Michigan.

Anything to see in his game? And should he have a thread of his own?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Sophomore forward Joey Larson is Michigan State's leading scoring after transferring from Northern Michigan.

Anything to see in his game? And should he have a thread of his own?
Probably more like an AHL deal. Already 22 years old (‘01 birth). He has a couple more seasons of eligibility that I reckon he takes. Sometimes the older guys surprise though.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Probably more like an AHL deal. Already 22 years old (‘01 birth). He has a couple more seasons of eligibility that I reckon he takes. Sometimes the older guys surprise though.

I suppose the same applies to Karson Dorwart or is there something going on in East Lansing where players are developing further than at other places?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I suppose the same applies to Karson Dorwart or is there something going on in East Lansing where players are developing further than at other places?

MSU seems to have an interesting mix of both older players (Neinhaus, Mueller) sprinkled in with some recent good draftees (Howard, Savage, Strbak, Augustine) and of course recruiting Levshunov. It also seems like Nightingale can actually coach.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Has anyone come out with an early top 10-20 list of college free agents for 2024?

Copied from a similar thread from last week:

Podcast with Chris Peters from last month name dropped a few undrafted NCAA guys (~57 minute mark): Talking Hockey Sense - 2023-24 Men's College Hockey Season Preview Special with Brad Schlossman

LD Dylan Anhorn (turns 25 in January though), RW Riese Gaber, C Ben Steeves, G Victor Ostman, LW Christian Fitzgerald, RW Josh Eernisse, RD Luke Krys, RW T.J. Hughes, G Cooper Black, G Noah Giesbrecht.

I wouldn't anticipate any of those guys immediately fighting for NHL spots, but they mentioned that each guy had varying degrees of offers to turn pro after last season.

And it seemed like Collin Graf had some ELC offers last spring but he decided to go back to school.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Haven't seen St. Thomas play but curious about Wisconsin transfer Liam Malmquist. Remember reading about his skating when he was draft eligible and had some success with Penticton but two nondescript seasons with the Badgers.

As a junior he's St. Thomas' second-leading scorer.

I'd imagine he's more likely to be a minor pro or play in Europe.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
From watching Levshunov, I like Dorwart and Larson at Michigan State. Dorwart has a good frame, good compete, and good shot if given space. Good penalty killer. Plays a heavy game. Could be a nice 4th line center. Skating isn't pretty and the biggest question mark in his profile, but I think he gets around good enough.

Larson has a great release on his shot, but not sure if it's enough to land him an NHL role. It's impressive how well he can shoot in stride though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4