Value of: Top Line Forward/Top Pairing Defenseman to Philadelphia

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Well I think you start having problem with your cap, with your wish list and up and coming re ups you have to do.

Simmonds 2 years from now, as well as Provorov and Sanheim, will swallow a lot of your extra cap, and if you are after more than Tanev and Baertschi level type players, which are very cap controllable players, you will not get your wish.

Not to mention, having Tanev there showing them how to play defense, is not a bad thing.....great work ethic, as well.

I do understand you are looking for 24 - 27 type players, but Tanev and Baertschi are 28 and 25.....pretty much hits your age group, and honestly if Tanev starts playing any more than 68 games a season, you blow us out of the water, with the trade......I think that is a possibility with the reduced travel, better defensive support (playing a #3 would really help), plus having a better forward group to control the play.

I really like the Flyers, and they truly need some of Tanev's defense, in this series with Pittsburgh........and believe me, i really want the flyers to beat Pitts. But this first game was rough. Tanev would have helped! (A lot!)

You are getting Tanev at a discount, as if his history was any better.......you would be paying something like what I suggested just for Tanev......and you are getting the possibility he could get a hell of a lot heathier in Phili

Throw in that a present 28 year old Tanev are Baertschi and swallowing the last 2 years of MacDonald's contract...

Either way, I am good!..........As a Canuck fan, I wish you tons of luck when playing Crosby and Co

Most Flyers fans don’t see Simmonds in the long term plans. It’ll be interesting to see how Hextall handles Provorov. I’d expect an 8 year deal rather than a bridge contract to try and keep the number down. The Flyers are in a very good spot moving forward in terms of the cap and will be able to get creative.

Weise, Filppula, Read, MacDonald, Lehtera, Elliott, and Neuvirth will all be gone over the next 2 seasons. They won’t be spending any money on goaltending for the next 3-5 years if Hart turns out as expected.

Reactions: zcaptain

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
PHI should be going after a top goalie you need that more than anything
Still don’t understand why they traded Schenn away last yr having him on the 2nd line would make your team a lot better. Very bad trade and very bad decision to trade him

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Still don’t understand why they traded Schenn away last yr having him on the 2nd line would make your team a lot better. Very bad trade and very bad decision to trade him

No it wasn't. We've replaced Schenn already with Konecny stepping in and doing so well. We managed to get Frost and the 14th. I'm quite happy with the whole thing.

Reactions: BackWithaVengeance

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Ask us what we think about it in 2022.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Flyers are like the Flames... or somewhat as the Flames were.

Need a damn goalie to make a stupid save in the playoffs. Smith I think would have done a good job if we sneaked in the playoffs this year (but who knows)

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Flyers are like the Flames... or somewhat as the Flames were.

Need a damn goalie to make a stupid save in the playoffs. Smith I think would have done a good job if we sneaked in the playoffs this year (but who knows)

We could have had a prime Dominic Hasek in the game the other night and it wouldnt have hanged the end result. The team looks lazy and uninterested as whole. The goalies just looked like they were the cause (and they didnt do anything to help their own case, really), because of the scoreline.

Better goaltending would just help to cover the warts, but it wouldnt get rid of them. Even with good goaltending, thats still a 3-0 game, at least.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad