Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
The Flyers need a goalie.

ap-carter-hart-flyers-canada.jpg

The Flyers need patience, that's all.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I don't see a need for a top 6 forward. Maybe a 3rd line center if Giroux stays on the wing. Shutdown D to pair with Provorov and a 3rd pairing or depth right D.

Complete this trade: Sutter and Tanev for MacDonald and???

Yes please, where do I sign??

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Flyers need neither a top-line forward or a top-pairing defenseman.

We need depth in the 2/3rd line area.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Where's O'Reilly going to play when we have Couturier and Patrick? Where's Hamilton going to play when we have Provorov and Ghost? Obviously one of them could move down, but there's cap implications as well.

Not sure if Flyers have the Cap

But this nhl is different. Years ago teams go with 2 scoring lines and a checking line. 4th line was on the tough guys. This nhl you try to have 3 scoring lines. Pits and Kings won a cup with Kessel and Williams on the 3rd line.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Not sure if Flyers have the Cap

But this nhl is different. Years ago teams go with 2 scoring lines and a checking line. 4th line was on the tough guys. This nhl you try to have 3 scoring lines. Pits and Kings won a cup with Kessel and Williams on the 3rd line.

Kessel scored 26 and 23 goals in his 2 cup seasons. Williams scored 22 and 19.

Konecny scored 24 this year. Simmonds scored 24 this year. They're BOTH on Phillys 3rd line.

I still doubt its our cup year.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
I would trade both 1st's this year and the majority of our bottom 6 for a machine that can clone Raffl 5 times. We need quality depth guys, moneypuck type of players really. Or, same trade but for the ability to brainwash coach and management into speeding up the process for some prospects in those same roles..

ROR or Hamilton would be sweet, but we really need the quality fillers (and a solid keeper of course) more than anything

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Ok....Not making a trade...but let's put some things on the table

Canucks
Tanev RHD
Baertschi LW
Goldobin LW/RW
Eriksson LW/RW
2020 3rd

Flyers
2018 14 OA (lottery Protected) falls or St. Louis's 19th OA if the 14th wins a Lottery spot
2018 2nd (45 OA)
2019 2nd
MacDonald RHD
Lehtera C

Let's make this clear.......this is not a trade proposal.........these are the parts to make a fair trade proposal that the Canucks may be open to.......now we can be silly or we can try to make that "fair" trade.

With no Tariffs........Joke!

Suggestions?????

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Ok....Not making a trade...but let's put some things on the table

Canucks
Tanev RHD
Baertschi LW
Goldobin LW/RW
Eriksson LW/RW
2020 3rd

Flyers
2018 14 OA (lottery Protected) falls or St. Louis's 19th OA if the 14th wins a Lottery spot
2018 2nd (45 OA)
2019 2nd
MacDonald RHD
Lehtera C

Let's make this clear.......this is not a trade proposal.........these are the parts to make a fair trade proposal that the Canucks may be open to.......now we can be silly or we can try to make that "fair" trade.

With no Tariffs........Joke!

Suggestions?????

Tanev’s age and history isn’t the best fit for the Flyers and they wouldn’t have much interest in the other pieces. If they did move one of their first round picks, it would likely be for a player who will grow with this young core.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Kessel scored 26 and 23 goals in his 2 cup seasons. Williams scored 22 and 19.

Konecny scored 24 this year. Simmonds scored 24 this year. They're BOTH on Phillys 3rd line.

I still doubt its our cup year.
Koneckny scored most of his goals with giroux

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Tanev’s age and history isn’t the best fit for the Flyers and they wouldn’t have much interest in the other pieces. If they did move one of their first round picks, it would likely be for a player who will grow with this young core.

I accept the injury argument with Tanev, but Giroux (30) Voracek (28) Simmonds(29) are all Tanev's age (28)
So as much as you want a top pair defenseman.........I am not sure who you are going to get, in that position, that won't cost you a lot more.

Baertschi is 25, and plays with Horvat..........admittedly he is not a 1st line LW, and more of a 2/3, but he has good offense and is defensively responsible..........the reason he is being suggested is, we are a long way from where Phili is, even if it doesn't look it. We are still building our core, Baertschi is more of a complimentary player.

Possible trade

Vancouver
Tanev
Baertschi
2020 3rd (Van)

for

Flyers
MacDonald
2018 1st (STL 19th OA)
2018 2nd (FLYERS)
2019 2nd (FLYERS)*

*Conditional on Tanev playing 68 games average the 2 years.....Flyers 2017 Dman average games or StL getting through into the second round and the pick moving up (aka 25 OA or higher)

That is a pretty darn good deal, and Phili gets it cheap. Phili saves cap, gets younger on D, and gets the best player

Reactions: captainpaxil

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I accept the injury argument with Tanev, but Giroux (30) Voracek (28) Simmonds(29) are all Tanev's age (28)
So as much as you want a top pair defenseman.........I am not sure who you are going to get, in that position, that won't cost you a lot more.

Baertschi is 25, and plays with Horvat..........admittedly he is not a 1st line LW, and more of a 2/3, but he has good offense and is defensively responsible..........the reason he is being suggested is, we are a long way from where Phili is, even if it doesn't look it. We are still building our core, Baertschi is more of a complimentary player.

Possible trade

Vancouver
Tanev
Baertschi
2020 3rd (Van)

for

Flyers
MacDonald
2018 1st (STL 19th OA)
2018 2nd (FLYERS)
2019 2nd (FLYERS)*

*Conditional on Tanev playing 68 games average the 2 years.....Flyers 2017 Dman average games or StL getting through into the second round and the pick moving up (aka 25 OA or higher)

That is a pretty darn good deal, and Phili gets it cheap. Phili saves cap, gets younger on D, and gets the best player

The value isn’t bad, but the core I was referring to was Patrick, Konecny, Provorov, Ghost, etc. The player I’d want to add would be in the 24-27 range with several years of term left.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hamilton is going nowhere unless it is for a top line winger with term and/or team controlled years. He is not being traded for picks

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
The value isn’t bad, but the core I was referring to was Patrick, Konecny, Provorov, Ghost, etc. The player I’d want to add would be in the 24-27 range with several years of term left.

Well I think you start having problem with your cap, with your wish list and up and coming re ups you have to do.

Simmonds 2 years from now, as well as Provorov and Sanheim, will swallow a lot of your extra cap, and if you are after more than Tanev and Baertschi level type players, which are very cap controllable players, you will not get your wish.

Not to mention, having Tanev there showing them how to play defense, is not a bad thing.....great work ethic, as well.

I do understand you are looking for 24 - 27 type players, but Tanev and Baertschi are 28 and 25.....pretty much hits your age group, and honestly if Tanev starts playing any more than 68 games a season, you blow us out of the water, with the trade......I think that is a possibility with the reduced travel, better defensive support (playing a #3 would really help), plus having a better forward group to control the play.

I really like the Flyers, and they truly need some of Tanev's defense, in this series with Pittsburgh........and believe me, i really want the flyers to beat Pitts. But this first game was rough. Tanev would have helped! (A lot!)

You are getting Tanev at a discount, as if his history was any better.......you would be paying something like what I suggested just for Tanev......and you are getting the possibility he could get a hell of a lot heathier in Phili

Throw in that a present 28 year old Tanev are Baertschi and swallowing the last 2 years of MacDonald's contract...

Either way, I am good!..........As a Canuck fan, I wish you tons of luck when playing Crosby and Co

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad