Speculation: Top KHL Players for the UFA Market

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
In my view Sergeyev has the following:
  • he is good at D and physical
  • very good at playing with a puckmover, who is pretty bad at D
  • right-handed
  • not much need to adjust to NA life and hockey, as he has been around before
So maybe there could be something good in the end, I had an impression Panthers are not that great at the D.

He can play at wing too, which might be useful since Stromwall is likely not coming.

In other rumors, suddenly Andrei Kareyev has been mentioned as someone, who could be thinking about the move to NA.

Interesting that Kareyev is playing in Turku this year. Club has been a bit of a stepping stone for NHL goalies through the years.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
OP is really playing fast and loose with the term “middle 6” in most cases. Bottom 6 would be lucky any of the “likely” group. Middle 6 might be likely for the AHL.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Jaskin had a crazy year stats wise, any chance he comes back over and is a premier power forward? Or even a 20 goal 20 assist guy?

I always liked him. He plays a strong game, but he can only score dirty goals, deflections in front, etc. He doesn't seem to have that perimeter shot where he can just beat a goalie from out in the slot, etc. And it seems like whenever he does it hits the post. He was that kind of player in the NHL. Hard luck guy, just can't get over the hump. Great 4th line guy but I always felt he could at least be a 3rd line, 15 goal, 35 point, 200 hit guy.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
An older post but one I hadn't seen prior. Thanks to the OP for a well laid out post with a ton of information.

The 2 things I see in the list I'd comment on. 1) I hope SV never returns to the NHL. 2) If Edmonton moves some bodies out I'd love to give Jensen a try. I actually liked what I saw of him in his limited time in Vancouver. There's a mid 6 NHL winger there

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Hannes Björninen, best shut-down line center in Europe. Just got selected to play in the Olympics, if you are going watch the Olympics. Watch Björninen then, he's a machine.
Hannes Björninen at eliteprospects.com
Olympics has been played and Björninen was best faceoff guy in the tournament and directed the game winning goal. Like i said Björninen is a machine, a cyborg with mustache. Literally, worth his weight in gold.
bjööninen.png

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
So today Darren Dreger mentioned that Marat Khayrullin Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com is the second best (after Kuzmenko) KHL free agent being pursued by NHL teams. From his stats and a couple brief videos, he appears to be quick with a good shot and decent size. It would be appeciated if @Caser or other KHL followers could share thoughts on his NHL potential and his attributes.
One year deal with SKA for 2022-23. Is this an indicator that he is staying in Russia for the duration or merely reflective of the current political climate?

Reactions: teddygmr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad