Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
He any good?

In my view Sergeyev has the following:
  • he is good at D and physical
  • very good at playing with a puckmover, who is pretty bad at D
  • right-handed
  • not much need to adjust to NA life and hockey, as he has been around before
So maybe there could be something good in the end, I had an impression Panthers are not that great at the D.

Reportedly Detroit 2014 7th round pick Alexander Kadeykin is going to sign with the Red Wings probably be our 4C i would imagine.

He can play at wing too, which might be useful since Stromwall is likely not coming.

In other rumors, suddenly Andrei Kareyev has been mentioned as someone, who could be thinking about the move to NA.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
In my view Sergeyev has the following:
  • he is good at D and physical
  • very good at playing with a puckmover, who is pretty bad at D
  • right-handed
  • not much need to adjust to NA life and hockey, as he has been around before
So maybe there could be something good in the end, I had an impression Panthers are not that great at the D.

He can play at wing too, which might be useful since Stromwall is likely not coming.

In other rumors, suddenly Andrei Kareyev has been mentioned as someone, who could be thinking about the move to NA.
Is Stromwall not coming over now? Bummer was hoping we'd get him but oh well. Still possibly Brome or Handemark.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Niklas Jensen has decided to stay with Jokerit for another year (he had this option in his existing contract).

Alexei Krasikov has extended for 3 years with Sibir.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Montreal just signed Vasili Demchenko, a goalie from Metallurg Magnitogorsk

Obviously just stat watching, but is this not an odd signing given he has amongst the worst save percentage among khl goalies?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Obviously just stat watching, but is this not an odd signing given he has amongst the worst save percentage among khl goalies?

Apparently his team was horrible this year, and his previous 4 years his SV% was always .920+

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Probably due to the Grigorenko situation it should be clarified that guys like Marchenko, Sergeyev and all the other guys, who had NHL contracts in the past, are eligible to sign only when the UFA market opens.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
The Athletic: Sources: Russian free agent Artyom Zub commits to Senators

"While Zub has not yet signed with Ottawa, it is expected he will ink an entry-level NHL deal as soon as the first week of May, a source said. The 24-year-old defenceman’s KHL contract expires April 30. It is believed he will not make an official announcement about his future before then.

The sources cautioned that the deal is not yet finalized and that players can change their minds at the 11th hour, but added they would be surprised if Zub did not sign with the Senators."

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad