Top born 97's prospects in NFLD

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
rumor is the four atlantic u16 teams and at least two Quebec u16 teams will compete in a "showcase" tournament in the spring leading up to a team being picked from the Quebec and Maritimes to compete in the U17 worlds.Team will be representing Eastern Canada.Team atlantic will be no more.

Thats quite a change if true. A lot of Atlantic prospects will be left off rosters potentially if they go that route. Having said that, the brand of hockey that team can bring to the tournament would be much greater than the current team que / team atl format. It may in the end benefit the players that get selected more since they can be showcased deeper into the tournament medal round.

hockeyman99

Aug 6, 2011
That is not true, the showcase in quebec this spring is to pick the 1 quebec team and the 1 atlantic team.

hockeyman99

Aug 6, 2011
Also, who were some of the standout 97 age players from nova scotia who stood out at the camp in antigonish?

Morehockey

Aug 24, 2012
Heard they should be announced within the next 2 weeks. Any predictions on U15 and U16?? Heard it was very tight competition.

TheGoalieGuy

Jul 11, 2012
Heard they should be announced within the next 2 weeks. Any predictions on U15 and U16?? Heard it was very tight competition.

I heard team PEI and team NFLD u16 are only going to have there rosters made shortly before the tournament? Or will it be like recent years and the teams will be made 3-4 weeks after camps ?

Ricci987

Jul 21, 2012
POE Teams

It seems team NB is the only one that have their rosters finallized.
All the others will be next week before 1st day of school I think?

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012
It seems team NB is the only one that have their rosters finallized.
All the others will be next week before 1st day of school I think?

new Brunswick has not finalized there u-16 rosters as there is a new format this year and the team will not be picked until December or January

Jul 22, 2012

U15:

G Luke Bhatia - St. John's
G Evan Fitzpatrick St. John's
D Jonas Foley Goulds
D Matthew Hickey Outer Cove
D Lucas March Green's Harbour
D Andrew Murphy Mount Pearl
D Zach Snook Mount Pearl
D Charlie Spicer Bay Roberts
F Clifton Finney Mount Pear
F Blake Fudge Conception Bay South
F Dylan Guy St. John's
F Scottie Greene Bishop's Falls
F Pierce Halliday Mount Pearl
F Jared Lush Gander
F Dylan MacKenzie St. John's
F Jordan Maher Gander
F Patrick Pilon Petty Harbour
F Danny Rice St. John's
F Jesse Sutton Mount Pearl
F Cass Warren Arnold's Cove

looks to be a strong team.

teamplayerhh

Sep 20, 2012
The workers

"we reconize the top guys at 14, the meat and potatos players you do not reconize untill later though."[/QUOTE]

I loved when you said this. These guys are the ones that are over-looked. Most people only see the kids who score. Not knowing that hockey is a team sport, and can't be played alone. No-one cheers for the for-checker or the penalty killer unless the puck hits his shins pads and he's off to the races.
Far to often people look past the kids who back skated hard to break up the 2 on 1's or 3 on 2's.
Their time will come. Their hard work and effort will shine through when the right people see them.
So people out there with kids that don't get all the recognition, but play Hard anyway...pat them on their backs and tell them "Good waiters, get good tips"

"Every ounce, Every Shift..!!"

Ricci987

Jul 21, 2012
Surprises?

WTF!

dont know what happened but 3 big time players are missing from u15 imo:

1. forward ryan kenney - NB
2. forward tyler planetta - NL
3. defence allan boutilier - NS

that is 3 big time forceful guys not on the poe rosters???? wow! was not expecting that.

anyone have any information as to what happened to these guys?

blueliners

Jun 11, 2012
U15:

G Luke Bhatia - St. John's
G Evan Fitzpatrick St. John's
D Jonas Foley Goulds
D Matthew Hickey Outer Cove
D Lucas March Green's Harbour
D Andrew Murphy Mount Pearl
D Zach Snook Mount Pearl
D Charlie Spicer Bay Roberts
F Clifton Finney Mount Pear
F Blake Fudge Conception Bay South
F Dylan Guy St. John's
F Scottie Greene Bishop's Falls
F Pierce Halliday Mount Pearl
F Jared Lush Gander
F Dylan MacKenzie St. John's
F Jordan Maher Gander
F Patrick Pilon Petty Harbour
F Danny Rice St. John's
F Jesse Sutton Mount Pearl
F Cass Warren Arnold's Cove

looks to be a strong team.

No Planetta, he was the best NL on the V Reds only a few months ago
Lots of new defenceman on this list compared to what was here last year.
I hope it works out for this team, unfortunate to see a team that finished the tournament on such a high last year to go backwards.
Should be competing for 2nd this year, Nova Scotia should finish first without too much trouble.
Will see you all in Moncton, altough I do have some concerns with the changes, I am sure they will be a good team

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012
I hope it works out for this team, unfortunate to see a team that finished the tournament on such a high last year to go backwards.
Should be competing for 2nd this year, Nova Scotia should finish first without too much trouble.
Will see you all in Moncton, altough I do have some concerns with the changes, I am sure they will be a good team

There 0-2 at challenge cup out scored 5-11 in two games

TheGoalieGuy

Jul 11, 2012
Does anyone know where Bradley shea from PEI is playing this year? I can't seem tp find his name anywhere.

Nsscout1

Oct 11, 2012
Does anyone know where Bradley shea from PEI is playing this year? I can't seem tp find his name anywhere.

Did anyone see the green brothers from ns play at the acc. I saw Matt green led the tourney in scoring

Last edited:

TheGoalieGuy

Jul 11, 2012
Shea was on the outside looking in for major midget on PE, both teams had there goalies return, assume he probably made minor AAA
Was he at the POE summer camp this past summer? I just looked on the nb PEI major midget web page, it seems shea is playing for the thunder or he is just affiliating.

Ricci987

Jul 21, 2012

You the same person trying to up sell an Adam Nolan some time back?

Ricci987

Jul 21, 2012
good to hear. did you get to catch any of the u14 NL teams games?

Saw 1st 2 periods of Bronze Medal game for U14 Male - great pace. Unfortunately I am not familalr with any of the players so can't comment on who stood out. Noticed a couple but do not know names. I was actually following the other team in this case...

Last edited:

Morehockey

Aug 24, 2012
Saw 2 games - Maher was best forward for NL overall in those games

According to results for NL Male U15 @ ACC, no player was outstanding; however, Maher, did lead the team in points! Very poor showing for the team compared to last year's result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad