Value of: Top 9 Right winger and 2/3c to Buffalo

TTs

Apr 26, 2017
If the Knights would retain salary they could do something around Stastny and one of Tuch/Smith depending on what the Sabres are comfortable giving up.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Not as good as some of the players offered here, but Henrique might be available depending on how some of the young guys (Steel, Zegras, Lundestrom) look. He can be a 2C or top 6 LW. Led the Ducks in goals and points this past season. I'm assuming Ducks will likely keep him to shelter the youth and ease them in, but if he's available he'd be a lot cheaper than some of the offers here (ie no 8th overall or Cozens).

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
While not being shipped, Virtanen and Gaudette are being brought up a lot. Any cap you can swallow with it (Eriksson, Sutter or Baertschi, all of whom fit what you're asking for too) is appreciated.

Top nine winger, top nine center, both are young, both have had a breakout season, neither will be cheap, but what do you have to offer?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If the Hawks decided that he isn't piece going forward

To :sabres
C Dylan Strome (RFA rights)

To :hawks
Sabres 2020 2nd round pick (38th overall)
G Linus Ullmark (RFA rights)

Sabres get young top 6 C

Hawks get high 2nd round pick and G they can sign at affordable rate on multi-year deal

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If the Hawks decided that he isn't piece going forward

To :sabres
C Dylan Strome (RFA rights)

To :hawks
Sabres 2020 2nd round pick (38th overall)
G Linus Ullmark (RFA rights)

Sabres get young top 6 C

Hawks get high 2nd round pick and G they can sign at affordable rate on multi-year deal

prob w/that is they currently have zero G after Ulmark

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Kapanen for Mccabe + one of (Rousek or Ruotsalainen or Davidsson)

or

Kapanen for Montour

Why would buffalo do this?
Kapanen is a speedy versatile right winger. He can play on any line in the top 9, as well as the power play and the penalty kill. He is also only 24. His contract is cost effective for what he brings to a team.

Why Toronto does it?
Both deals improve our defensive depth which is much needed.
I'd pick the McCabe+Davidsson one. Think it benefits both teams the most. If Toronto gets lucky McCabe steps up a notch after the trade and becomes what he was supposed to.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Ristolainen was a minus 2 this season, while playing the hardest matchups, on a terrible defensive team. The guy is a much better player than his fancy stats show, and for the Canucks to get him (for Jake and Gaud) would be a huge step forward for the franchise.
Sort of a disingenuous stat given his previous seasons were
-41, -25, -21, etc. and a collective career -145. I'm not an advocate for +/- as a stat but if you want to use it to prove a point, I think his other seasons are important for that dialogue.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I'd pick the McCabe+Davidsson one. Think it benefits both teams the most. If Toronto gets lucky McCabe steps up a notch after the trade and becomes what he was supposed to.
---------------
I think it works out for both teams. We add a centre prospect who was a former second round pick. We also add a defender with an edge. He could be our Muzzin-Lite.

Kapanen benefits your team as well and I can see him hitting an extra level with you guys. He penalty kills, he chips in 40+ points, he adds grit.

I think for it to work out even better for the leafs we would throw you guys an ahler to remove a contract from our lineup allowing us to give Davidsson an ELC.

The deal could be something like

Jake Mccabe + Marcus Davidsson + 2020 5th round pick for Kasperi Kapanen and Max Verroneau rights

I added the 5th since I forgot about Davidsson's concussion this year, and were adding a guy who could be a 13th forward.

-----------------------------------------
Your lineup could look something like this

Victor Olofsson - Jack Eichel - Sam Reinhart
Jeff Skinner - Dylan Cozens - Dominik Kahun
Marcus Johansson - Casey Mittelstadt - Kasperi Kapanen
Zemgus Girgensons - Johan Larsson - Kyle Okposo
Max Verronneau/Tage Thompson

Assuming you let Frolik, Vesey and Simmonds walk.
Albeit the centres aren't proven but the wingers look very good.
--------
Our D

Rielly - Dermott
Muzzin - Holl or a UFA
Mccabe - Lehtonen
Liljegren/Sandin

Can Mccabe play the right side?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
---------------
I think it works out for both teams. We add a centre prospect who was a former second round pick. We also add a defender with an edge. He could be our Muzzin-Lite.

Kapanen benefits your team as well and I can see him hitting an extra level with you guys. He penalty kills, he chips in 40+ points, he adds grit.

I think for it to work out even better for the leafs we would throw you guys an ahler to remove a contract from our lineup allowing us to give Davidsson an ELC.

The deal could be something like

Jake Mccabe + Marcus Davidsson + 2020 5th round pick for Kasperi Kapanen and Max Verroneau rights

I added the 5th since I forgot about Davidsson's concussion this year, and were adding a guy who could be a 13th forward.

-----------------------------------------
Your lineup could look something like this

Victor Olofsson - Jack Eichel - Sam Reinhart
Jeff Skinner - Dylan Cozens - Dominik Kahun
Marcus Johansson - Casey Mittelstadt - Kasperi Kapanen
Zemgus Girgensons - Johan Larsson - Kyle Okposo
Max Verronneau/Tage Thompson

Assuming you let Frolik, Vesey and Simmonds walk.
Albeit the centres aren't proven but the wingers look very good.
--------
Our D

Rielly - Dermott
Muzzin - Holl or a UFA
Mccabe - Lehtonen
Liljegren/Sandin

Can Mccabe play the right side?

I'd rather trade Montour in this deal and he plays right side.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Why does MTL want a RD? I'd rather play Cale Fleury for 800k than give up Domi and have Risto in the lineup and his salary on the cap.
Maybe he can play Left D? Maybe Fleury can play left D? Our third pair couldn't break the cycle with 2 undersized guy in Mete and Ouellet. They could play and move the puck but once the puck was cycling deep we were f***ed. It would certainly be a luxury to have Ristolainen on our third pair, but I think it would be a better luxury to have then Max Domi, because of the emergence of Kotakaniemi and Suzuki. It's uncertain what will happen with Petry and Weber medium term too, so I think it would be a good get. RD is fine now, but it can quickly become a need.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Why not wait to see if Cozens develops in that 2nd line center role down the round and just sign someone like Hoffman or Dadanov?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
McCann is your 2C, Hornqvist is your Top 9 wing.

It's been discussed before with some amount of acceptance - McCann for Montour. Positions of strength for positions of need for both teams.

Horny could be had for a variety of offers but it depends on salary. I doubt we'd take Okposo. Not much else Buffalo has though. Mojo? But to be honest, Mittelstadt would be about right.

McCann + Horny for Montour + Mittelstadt.

Heck, let's get really REALLY nuts!

Montour and Buffalo's 2020 1st for Crosby. Buffalo needs an upgrade at top 6 center do they not?

Dude, don't do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad