Value of: Top 9 Right winger and 2/3c to Buffalo

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Buffalo needs a 2/3c and a middle six right winger wondering what some offers would be

Only untouchables are Dahlin and Eichel. So have at it and let me know some of your ideas !

Ristolanien
Montour
Miller
Mittlestadt
Thompson
2020/2021 1st and 2nd
Mccabe

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Domi, Mete, Poehling and 16th for 8th and ristolainen

Domi is stuck behind Danault, Kotkaniemi and Suzuki now. He's a solid C and will put up 50+ pts and he's 25
Poehling is also stuck behind Evans (at 4th C) and I think he needs a fresh start. He's a first rounder and a good gamble for a team looking for a 21 y.o C.
Mete is 22 and a good PMD but not what habs need right now. stuck behind Romanov in top 4

Last edited:
Reactions: Crosscrease14

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Staal + 9th for Mittelstadt + 8th

No difference between 8th & 9th

Yeah as much Minnesota needs a c, wild should give up Eric Staal & 9th for Casey Middlestat who has struggled big time & wasn't playing c

Teams get desperate at trade deadline and can get 1st round pick for Staal

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
No difference between 8th & 9th

Yeah as much Minnesota needs a c, wild should give up Eric Staal & 9th for Casey Middlestat who has struggled big time & wasn't playing c

Teams get desperate at trade deadline and can get 1st round pick for Staal
There is definitely a difference between 8 and 9 if both teams are planning on drafting a center.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I still think Risto would be a good fit in Toronto, I think he gets shit to much because he's in Buffalo abd they have been bad since before Risto got drafted.

but I think if you put him next to Rielly or Muzzin you have a hell of a pair.

Unfortunately salaries have to match and the only people of interest to Buffalo are Kapanen and Dermott, who Leaf fans think is an overpayment, (whether it is or not I’m not gonna discuss further cause that’s been done ad nauseum), I propose (because it interests me and I like the top 2 players and the last is a need for the Sabres):

TML: Risto, negotiating rights to Girgensons or Larsson

BUF: Mikheyev, Engvall, Dermott

Condition: trade is only done if Montour isn’t traded before then.

Schmaltz, Stepan, and Raanta.

Make your best offer.

Hutton, Laaksonen or Davidsson, 3rd. Coyotes retain ~800K on Stepan.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Staal + 9th for Mittelstadt + 8th

I’d do it simply because the last couple of times we’ve picked 8th we absolutely suck at it. But I think if Staal would get traded he only has one destination in mind. Winnipeg. Because that’s close to his Thunder Bay home and part of the reason he went to the Wild in the 1st place.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d do it simply because the last couple of times we’ve picked 8th we absolutely suck at it. But I think if Staal would get traded he only has one destination in mind. Winnipeg. Because that’s close to his Thunder Bay home and part of the reason he went to the Wild in the 1st place.
Yeah he definitely doesn’t want to go anywhere, but he doesn’t have a ton of say

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Unfortunately salaries have to match and the only people of interest to Buffalo are Kapanen and Dermott, who Leaf fans think is an overpayment, (whether it is or not I’m not gonna discuss further cause that’s been done ad nauseum), I propose (because it interests me and I like the top 2 players and the last is a need for the Sabres):

TML: Risto, negotiating rights to Girgensons or Larsson

BUF: Mikheyev, Engvall, Dermott

Condition: trade is only done if Montour isn’t traded before then.

Hutton, Laaksonen or Davidsson, 3rd. Coyotes retain ~800K on Stepan.

I see no reason to trade for Larsson or Girgensons with the week long negotiating period

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I see no reason to trade for Larsson or Girgensons with the week long negotiating period

Well that only applies if they actually go for UFA. But yea, usually only the mid-tier players get UFA rights traded (IE Ehrhoff to the Isles for a 3rd), and even then that’s rare. I think we might see this happen more again once that gets changed after next season.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Virtanen for a 2nd if you can take Baer 1 year contract as well. 3.3 M cap if he is in the nhl. 2.3 M in the minors.

If Baer gets about 14/15 mins of ice time and 2nd pp unit he can probably still get 30 to 40 points which will make a him a middle 6 winger as well

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Virtanen for a 2nd if you can take Baer 1 year contract as well. 3.3 M cap if he is in the nhl. 2.3 M in the minors.

If Baer gets about 14/15 mins of ice time and 2nd pp unit he can probably still get 30 to 40 points which will make a him a middle 6 winger as well
How about Virtanen, the UFA neg rights to Tanev, and Woo for Ristolainen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad