Speculation: Top 6 Winger to the Leafs

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Interesting stuff.

Who is your best guess?

It’s tough this year, because of the quarantine rules. Part of me wonders if Pearson or maybe even a reunion with Connor Brown may fit the bill.

There’s some bigger name players I wonder about as well.

Who knows. But Friedman obviously has a strong sense here

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Ya that is fair too. Not sure though if he gets Amirov + a 1st. I think the gap between Amirov and Foote as prospects is bigger than the gap between Rakell and Coleman. Think if we dealt Amirov it would be Amirov and a 2nd for Rakell@50
we would need Engvall to go in the deal, He is a decent 4th liner

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I had compiled this;

Palmieri
Wallmark
Janmark
Bennett
Senyshyn
Bertuzzi
N.Foligno
Jarnkrok
Tierney
Lemieux
Crouse

But I think we could add Rackell in there and Wood, but I think his stock is high now.

Some guys might require retention or salary going the other way. Also...I made the list initially when he said forward the other day but if he's saying to play with the top 6 on the wing....that probably eliminates some of these names.
If Rakell wasn’t included because his stock is high then you might want to remove Bertuzzi.

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
i think he could get 1st + amirov just because of 1.9m for a top 6 winger in a flat cap world ;)
I wouldn't be opposed but we also need Engvall to go in the deal and he has some value so if its
1st+Amirov+Engvall for Rakell@50% I think a 2nd would need to be added maybe a 2022 2nd?

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I don't know, Amirov sounds Russian... Ducks picked one in this last draft, that's their quota of Russians for the next decade or two :D

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Buchnevich fits OP to a t, and NY will have Kravtsov and Barron soon. BUT no reason to let him go cheap.

Do Leafs wanna pay and pay for expectation of a known commodity, or are they hoping to get lucky on a hit and miss el cheapo special?
If Nylander is off the table [eliminates scenario where NY adds to Buch in a package] which is what was specified in this OP, not sure what future(s) NYR would consider.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

Keep in mind Dubas tends to like to acquire players that have one or more additional seasons to the current one. Would like have to be a modest salary (3-4M or less?)

What type of names may be available?

Rakell

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
It’s tough this year, because of the quarantine rules. Part of me wonders if Pearson or maybe even a reunion with Connor Brown may fit the bill.

There’s some bigger name players I wonder about as well.

Who knows. But Friedman obviously has a strong sense here
Interesting take, particularly Brown though im sure they could get him very cheap cap wise with 50% retention and I do like the player.

However I think the leafs may aim higher as I think dubas wants to make some serious runs before Rielly's contract is up and things start to get complicated with Matthews contract looming.

StatsNightHeroes

Jan 15, 2016
I got high and thought a package around Patrick Kane retained could be something they’d look at provided they can convince Kane to waive and Chicago faulters out of a playoff spot.

For the Leafs it would really maximize the three year playoff window they have before it’s time to start negotiating Matthews new deal and praying Tavares doesn’t succumb to quicksand.

For Chicago they get a proven young playmaker/scorer on a very reasonable long term deal who can step into Kane’s spot in the lineup. They’d also get this years first and Amirov or Liljgren. Could really help kickstart a rebuild with Dach and Debrincat.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
I had compiled this;

Palmieri
Wallmark
Janmark
Bennett
Senyshyn
Bertuzzi
N.Foligno
Jarnkrok
Tierney
Lemieux
Crouse

But I think we could add Rackell in there and Wood, but I think his stock is high now.

Some guys might require retention or salary going the other way. Also...I made the list initially when he said forward the other day but if he's saying to play with the top 6 on the wing....that probably eliminates some of these names.

Crouse would be my target.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Virtanen or Bennett would be my guesses. I would like Brendan Lemieux as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad