Speculation: Top 6 Winger to the Leafs

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Keep in mind Dubas tends to like to acquire players that have one or more additional seasons to the current one. Would like have to be a modest salary (3-4M or less?)

What type of names may be available?

Reactions: banks

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Dustin Brown and Jeff Carter from LA would check some boxes. Signed for 1 more year after this one. Bring some grit to their game. And LA should be willing to sell.

Reactions: RonTextall

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
One quick nitpick - In the interview that I saw earlier today (Tim and Sid) I had the impression that Friedman hinted that the deal could come at any time prior to the deadline. With quarantines and VISAs and everything deals probably should be done as soon as possible.

BTW - I'd love to know the name of the winger on that piece of paper he mentioned.

Reactions: NHL WAR

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
andreas johnsson or kasperi kapanen...

Why can't Jumbo Joe or Simmonds play top 6 down the stretch drive?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
was thinking Rakell too. Scary thought ;) TOR is not lacking quality futures so ANA should be interested
Honestly it’s just a good fit, Rakell at 1.9 (for 2 playoff runs) is prob the best bang for buck player you’ll find this deadline.

he’s also versatile.... right handed shot, but spends most of his time on left wing. Can realistically play all 3 forward positions if needed. Has shown he has the ability to be a great compliment to star players... good along side getzlaf when getz was in his prime, also lit it up with zib for team sweeden, I imagine he would do well w/ Tavares or Matthews.

Hyman Matthews marner
Rakell Tavares Nylander

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Honestly it’s just a good fit, Rakell at 1.9 (for 2 playoff runs) is prob the best bang for buck player you’ll find this deadline.

he’s also versatile.... right handed shot, but spends most of his time on left wing. Can realistically play all 3 forward positions if needed. Has shown he has the ability to be a great compliment to star players... good along side getzlaf when getz was in his prime, also lit it up with zib for team sweeden, I imagine he would do well w/ Tavares or Matthews.

Hyman Matthews marner
Rakell Tavares Nylander

i fully agree and pretty sure Rakell at 50 per cent gets a huge return. You have to think like Coleman comp

Reactions: voxel

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
I think it will be from a Canadian team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring back Connor Brown.

Reactions: Brobust

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I wonder what assets we would give up?
Lilj, 1st? and how much cap can we afford at the deadline? plus next year we have to resign Rielly and Anderson but I can see them signing for the same $$ they are getting now.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
To me this seems like a Sam Bennett or Jake Virtanen kind if scenario. Within the division, so no quarantine. Both are high draft picks with grit that have never really taken off offensively. Both wouldn't cost a ton to trade for.

I personally think they are making a play for Bennett to see if he can make an impact as a second line winger with Tavares and Willy, and if not he could slot into a 3rd line checking role. Plus he's and RFA, which means he wouldn't be a rental. Dubas seems to like that. Just pure speculation though at this point on my part.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Interesting stuff.

Who is your best guess?

I had compiled this;

Palmieri
Wallmark
Janmark
Bennett
Senyshyn
Bertuzzi
N.Foligno
Jarnkrok
Tierney
Lemieux
Crouse

But I think we could add Rackell in there and Wood, but I think his stock is high now.

Some guys might require retention or salary going the other way. Also...I made the list initially when he said forward the other day but if he's saying to play with the top 6 on the wing....that probably eliminates some of these names.

Reactions: banks and Petrus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad