Top 50 players in the league #5

who is the 5th best player in the league?

• Mikko Rantanen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitch Marner

• Jonathan Huberdeau

• Brayden Point

• Mathew Barzal

• Sebastion Aho

• Ryan O'Reilly

• Patrice Bergeron

• Sean Couturier

• Anze Kopitar

• Alex Pietrangelo

• Roman Josi

• Connor Hellebuyck

• Mark Scheifele

• Charlie McAvoy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
How many Rangers fans are going to lose their mind if Hedman gets voted in ahead of Fox?

I accept the argument that this poll leans further toward lifetime achievement and endurance year-to-year, postseason, etc. It's not the same as a Norris trophy vote. I wouldn't begrudge anyone for picking Hedman in the former.

If you want to talk about injustice, and I'm more likely to die on the hill that Panarin absolutely should be ranked above Hedman, Matthews, and 2021 Crosby.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Yeah, he's mad. But what do you expect from someone who voted Matthews as the #4 player in the league. :laugh:

Love the fact that Draisaitl triggers you so much. If Matthews was as good as Draisaitl (which he's not), maybe the Leafs would be able to make it out of the first round.
yeah how dare I vote for a player that ran away with the goal scoring race, played responsible defensively, and finished 2nd in Hart and Lindsey voting :huh:.

Also you're the one to comment on another teams playoff success :laugh:

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
It's always typical HF but its lame as f*** so many people focus, not on who should be next but have to shout and scream about who shouldnt be next because they hate the team or player.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Is it coincidence that you put Matthews at the top of the page?
no actually it isn't
I've been ordering each poll option based on how many votes they received in the previous round (unless they only received 1 vote) hence why Draisaitl was at the top of the last one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
yeah how dare I vote for a player that ran away with the goal scoring race, played responsible defensively, and finished 2nd in Hart and Lindsey voting :huh:.

Also you're the one to comment on another teams playoff success :laugh:
Trying to compare Matthews' accomplishments to Draisaitl's is hilarious. The funny thing is, you're making everybody else's point for us when you do that and showing just how far apart these two players are. Get back to us when Matthews puts up 50 or 100, mmkay. His defensive game is vastly overrated as well so that's not an argument that proves whatever point you're trying to desperately make.

Nobody except for a handful of posters like you think Matthews is comparable to Draisaitl. I guess when your franchise has had so few great players throughout its history, grasping at straws is par for the course.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Trying to compare Matthews' accomplishments to Draisaitl's is hilarious. The funny thing is, you're making everybody else's point for us when you do that and showing just how far apart these two players are. Get back to us when Matthews puts up 50 or 100, mmkay. His defensive game is vastly overrated as well so that's not an argument that proves whatever point you're trying to desperately make.

Nobody except for a handful of posters like you think Matthews is comparable to Draisaitl. I guess when your franchise has had so few great players throughout its history, grasping at straws is par for the course.
wow it's not like his best 2 seasons were cut short by a pandemic or anything... Also care to show some numbers of Matthews defensive game being vastly overrated because all I'm seeing from you is empty statements.

Pretty wild having the self proclaimed top 2 players in the league yet you get swept in the first round by a lousy Jets team that then proceeded to get swept in the next round.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
wow it's not like his best 2 seasons were cut short by a pandemic or anything... Also care to show some numbers of Matthews defensive game being vastly overrated because all I'm seeing from you is empty statements.

Pretty wild having the self proclaimed top 2 players in the league yet you get swept in the first round by a lousy Jets team that then proceeded to get swept in the next round.

When have the Leafs won around again? Dunno what team accomplishments have to do with it but here we are.

It’s cute you take the guy who finished second over the guy who’s you know, actually won it.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
When have the Leafs won around again? Dunno what team accomplishments have to do with it but here we are.

It’s cute you take the guy who finished second over the guy who’s you know, actually won it.
Draisaitl's victory is but a distant memory now.

I didn't bring up team success. One of you Oilers hooligans did. Both are teams have been dog s**t for the better part a 1/4 century so no bragging rights there

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
I dunno. It is just weird the type of press Draisaitl gets when he's just McDavid's wing man. Like literally.

I dunno, it's just weird when someone who has no idea how Draisaitl is utilized tries to detract from his abilities.Like literally.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
People are actually getting mad becuse their favorite player or opinion isn’t the same as everyone else?

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Please enlighten me. How the player who is McDavid’s most common line mates at 5v5 is not really McDavid’s wingman.

Mcdavids ice time with Draisaitl 5v5: 343:12
Mcdavids ice time without draisaitl 5v5: 594:34

Mcdavids most common linemates were Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (390:46) and Jesse Puljujarvi (552:37)

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Draisaitl's victory is but a distant memory now.

I didn't bring up team success. One of you Oilers hooligans did. Both are teams have been dog s**t for the better part a 1/4 century so no bragging rights there

Distant memory, sure, if you have the memory of a fruit fly. Literally won it last year.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
1) Connor Mcdavid
2) Nikita Kucherov
3) Nathan MacKinnon
4) Leon Draisaitl (AKA: FlyByDrai)

comment who to add next
add:
Mirro Heiskanen x3
Steven Stamkos x4
Kirill Kaprizov
Thomas Chabot
Jakob Chychrun
Johnny Gaudreau

when your poll doesn't go the way you think it will and you're big grumpy about it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad