Top 50 players in the league #5

who is the 5th best player in the league?

• Mikko Rantanen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitch Marner

• Jonathan Huberdeau

• Brayden Point

• Mathew Barzal

• Sebastion Aho

• Ryan O'Reilly

• Patrice Bergeron

• Sean Couturier

• Anze Kopitar

• Alex Pietrangelo

• Roman Josi

• Connor Hellebuyck

• Mark Scheifele

• Charlie McAvoy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
1) Connor Mcdavid
2) Nikita Kucherov
3) Nathan MacKinnon
4) Leon Draisaitl (AKA: FlyByDrai)

comment who to add next
add:
Mirro Heiskanen x3
Steven Stamkos x4
Kirill Kaprizov
Thomas Chabot
Jakob Chychrun
Johnny Gaudreau

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah, I guess I just wonder why it was a rarity for Malkin to be viewed as the 2nd best player in the league when he was doing even more impressive work.

What? Malkin was almost always held as part of the big 3 with Crosby and Ovechkin for years in some order. The only reason he might have fell down some lists was injury concerns. Injuries are sometimes not controllable but with Malkin its been a given for the majority of his career.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
What? Malkin was almost always held as part of the big 3 with Crosby and Ovechkin for years in some order. The only reason he might have fell down some lists was injury concerns. Injuries are sometimes not controllable but with Malkin its been a given for the majority of his career.

I just googled best player in the NHL 2010 and the first list has Malkin below 5.

The 10 best NHL players of the decade

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I just googled best player in the NHL 2010 and the first list has Malkin below 5.

The 10 best NHL players of the decade

This is a HF list for current players not a media list over a decade. Malkin always seems to get ignored on those types of lists, I agree, like with the top 100 player list. On HF lists of the best players or best centers, he was always near the top until the last few years. And again, his injury history tends to get factored in, which isn't the case for Draisaitl.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This is a HF list for current players not a media list over a decade. Malkin always seems to get ignored on those types of lists, I agree, like with the top 100 player list. On HF lists of the best players or best centers, he was always near the top until the last few years. And again, his injury history tends to get factored in, which isn't the case for Draisaitl.

I dunno. It is just weird the type of press Draisaitl gets when he's just McDavid's wing man. Like literally.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Yeah, I guess I just wonder why it was a rarity for Malkin to be viewed as the 2nd best player in the league when he was doing even more impressive work.
Malkin will go down as a top 50 player all-time, so I think youre pretty much alone on this one. I guarantree Toews and Bergeron will not go down as greater players regardless of what Sports Illustrated think. Kane may have a case. Geez.
I dunno. It is just weird the type of press Draisaitl gets when he's just McDavid's wing man. Like literally.
except they dont play much together 5 on 5

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Hedman has my vote, all around impact on the game might be as high as McDavids. Big minutes and absolutely excels in all situations

I don’t feel comfortable voting for Matthews as a top 5 player in the league. He has had some impressive paces but that’s all they are- paces. At some point you need to have some career seasons with huge goal/point totals. He’s going into his 6th year and has a career high of 80 points and 47 goals. Once he has a big 100+ point season year, I think a top 5 player in the league placement would be more deserved. Paces always decrease as the season wears along- you can’t call Matthews a 50/60 goal scorer or a 100 point center until he has actually done it.

Btw this stance applies to Pettersson, Makar etc as well. I want to see the big results over a full year.

McDavid, Mackinnon, Draisaitl, Kucherov have all done that. Obviously so have the other guys in this voting range- Crosby, Hedman, Barkov, Panarin etc
It’s literally only Matthews who hasn’t had the monster season.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
1) Connor Mcdavid
2) Nikita Kucherov
3) Nathan MacKinnon
4) Leon Draisaitl (AKA: FlyByDrai)

You loved to point out how Draisaitl had an awful +/- last year. You literally did it all the time

“FlyByDrai” would have lead your 1st round busted team in +/- this year (tied for 2nd league wide)

I love the fact that you’re physically incapable of creating a neutral poll. You can’t help but insert your anti-Drai opinion in when you disagree with the results

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
You loved to point out how Draisaitl had an awful +/- last year. You literally did it all the time

“FlyByDrai” would have lead your 1st round busted team in +/- this year (tied for 2nd league wide)

I love the fact that you’re physically incapable of creating a neutral poll. You can’t help but insert your anti-Drai opinion in when you disagree with the results
it's just a joke bud. Chill out and have a dart. It's just a hockey forum.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015

also --- Among forwards with at least 750 5v5 minutes this year, Draisaitl gave up the 14th worst CA/60, 13th worst SA/60, 10th worst xGA/60, and 16th worst HDCA/60. His relative numbers were also bad. 13th worst in relCA/60, 12th worst in relSA/60, the worst in relxGA/60, and 6th worst in relHDCA/60. His RAPM chart is also once again considerably below average in terms of expected goals and corsi. :wg:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad