the man can score goals, and last year he was at least consistant
compared to ALOT of "all star" players surrounded by a "great team"

Phil the Thrill, with speed

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
He's ranked below Seguin?! and Hall?! LOLOLOLOL

This list has RNH, Taylor Hall, Jordan Staal, Tyler Seguin but doesn't have Bobby Ryan or Ryan Kesler?

:facepalm:

Last edited:

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
The Top 30 is decent IMO. Maybe Nash should be a little lower, but aside from that its respectable.

Outside the top 30, there a couple gripes I have: Seguin, Getzlaf, and Neal are ranked too high. Dustin Brown, Taylor Hall, and Jordan Staal should not even be on the list. The obvious omissions include Kesler and Price. Kessel should probably be ranked a higher, but not by much.

this list is based on how they think players will play in the upcoming season, and since Kesler will miss a month or more thats why he wasn't on the list. Duthie said it mid-show right after they showed the 41-50 players.

people need to keep that in mind it's not about what they've done it's about what they will do this season.

Small Brain Presence

Kessel could be so low because he folds in big games (ie Bruins).

As a pure goal scorer he's great, but that doesn't automatically make him top 30 or 40 in the league. Should he has been 42nd instead of 47th? Maybe. But honestly, who cares? Its just a random waste of time list.

I bet if you got random people from other team boards and asked them to rank the top 50 players, Kessel would end up anywhere between low 30s to 50.

Kessel has 15 points in 15 playoff games, half of those played with a shoulder injury that required subsequent off-season surgery. I guess you don't consider playoff games "big games."

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Kessel has 15 points in 15 playoff games, half of those played with a shoulder injury that required subsequent off-season surgery. I guess you don't consider playoff games "big games."

But but, he had Savard. He clearly can't play with out Savage. Oh what's that? He was 6th in NHL scoring last year? Well Uhm.. Seguins better!!**!!@!!!

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Nope.

Just stats.

There's actually a real game being played where winning is what is important, not points.

Don't points lead to winning? Is it his fault we have terrible goaltending? I don't think so. Using your logic, The guy puts up PPG numbers and isn't as good as other players because his team isn't winning. Does this make any sense at all?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Don't points lead to winning? Is it his fault we have terrible goaltending? I don't think so. Using your logic, The guy puts up PPG numbers and isn't as good as other players because his team isn't winning. Does this make any sense at all?

Not what I said at all.

Points are scored at both ends of the rink and there are 5 players on the ice plus a goalie and Kessel is always the one giving the least effort and probably is why he was a -10 even with all these points.

That's why the TSN guys ranked him low.

Because he is only good at scoring points. Not preventing them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad