TSN: Top 50 nhl players

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=81134

Let's try to keep this classy folks. Phil Kessel is ranked 47th, beating out Nugent-Hopkins, Duncan Keith, and Taylor Hall. Tyler Seguin is ranked 31st. Let the gnashing of teeth begin.

EDIT: The panel based the list on what they thought the players mentioned would look like in the upcoming season.

Last edited:

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
I thought it was pretty hard to argue with the top 10, after that almost anything is debatable depending on how you want to look at it.

Pretty much this.

Top 10 is a given after that really the ranking for any of those players could have been anything to fill out the remaining spots. There too even to clearly say one is better then the other.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
How in the **** is Kessel not in the top 20-25 at least? No, seriously? If anyone EVER says that TSN is biased towards the Leafs, I will slap them.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Horrible.

I dont care how many intagibles guys like Mike Richards and Dustin Brown have, they arent better players than Phil Kessel.

And some defenceman are horrible underrated. Alex Pietrangelo and Kris Letang IMO were two of the top 5 defenceman last year, and Letang for me was the Norris leading candidate before his concussion

And Corey Perry, as much as I like him, is a tad overrated.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I thought Kessel should have been ranked between 20th - 30th based on what he's done in Toronto. Plus the fact in his first three seasons with the Maple Leafs his goals and points have always gone up.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
I thought Kessel should have been ranked between 20th - 30th based on what he's done in Toronto. Plus the fact in his first three seasons with the Maple Leafs his goals and points have always gone up.

I agree, and he would've been ranked that high had he been a Canuck or a Senator, hell even a Hab. But TSN loves pissing on the Leafs, so they put the PPG player 47th.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Why in the heck is Stamkos below Giroux?

Ovechkin at 14?

Half the players on the list are there due to hype; there is no real talent analysis.

Gaborik at 45?

Kessel at 47?

RNH at 48?

PasDaSquini

Apr 4, 2010
Meh, Kessel gets flak because he plays for the leafs. Guy puts up stellar numbers year after year and because his team does not do well he is automatically written off as not that good. People claim Phil is nothing but a goal scorer and weak in his own zone; last I checked he had a pretty hefty amount of assists last season and played for thhe second worst team defensively sort of hard to look good in your own zone when the whole tea looks bad.

K19*

B-b-b-but Kessel scores goals! He gets points! Isn't that all there is to hockey?!?1one!1?

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
I agree, and he would've been ranked that high had he been a Canuck or a Senator, hell even a Hab. But TSN loves pissing on the Leafs, so they put the PPG player 47th.

Can we not turn this into a conspiracy thread? Do you really think a Bell owned station like TSN really have something against the Leafs?? Back on topic...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad