Top 5 players in 2011 NHL Redraft

How many of the top 5 would still be there in a redraft?

Votes: 71 46.4%

Votes: 35 22.9%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • None

Votes: 44 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Huberdeau and Landeskog are behind Couturier offensively and miles behind defensively. I see no argument for either
People already talked about the offensive stuff being overblown for one season, but... huh? Landeskog is behind defensively? His line with MacKinnon was largely able to thrive because he helped on a ton on the defensive side. Plus, the leadership quality is hard to just ignore.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
People already talked about the offensive stuff being overblown for one season, but... huh? Landeskog is behind defensively? His line with MacKinnon was largely able to thrive because he helped on a ton on the defensive side. Plus, the leadership quality is hard to just ignore.
Yes, Landeskog... along with every other forward not named Bergeron is behind Couturier defensively. Landeskog is pretty far behind at that.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Of course you don't see the argument. After this one season those two are behind Couturier offensively? Yeah, no.
Yeah, yes. After Couturiers first season playing offensive minutes he has scored significantly higher than any season Huberdeau or Landeskog has had while playing top 6, mostly top line minutes their entire career. Couturier has been scoring at a much higher rate p/60 5on5 than both for 5 straight years now. This season is nothing new, just highlighted due to him finally getting top line minutes

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Couturier has had one offensive season. Let's see him repeat his success before calling him a better offensive player than some of those guys.
He's currently a better player. Even if he scores 50 points next year and Huberdeau scores 70, Couturier is the better, more valuable player

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Yeah, yes. After Couturiers first season playing offensive minutes he has scored significantly higher than any season Huberdeau or Landeskog has had while playing top 6, mostly top line minutes their entire career. Couturier has been scoring at a much higher rate p/60 5on5 than both for 5 straight years now. This season is nothing new, just highlighted due to him finally getting top line minutes
Define significantly.

Last season:
Couturier - .93 PPG
Huberdeau - .84 PPG
(I'm on my phone, so I don't have time to double check those numbers. But I think those are the numbers I remember looking at)
And again, like I said, one season. When you get outscored one season to something like 5, you're not the better offensive player. And unlike Couturier, Huberdeau basically turns every line he's on, into a top producing line, regardless of linemates.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Couturier has a career 0.492 ppg, gaudreau has a 0.917, (the highest of anyone in the draft). Curious how you think couterier could surpass gaudreau? If they both continue on the pace they are currently on, Couturier would have 75pts and gaudreau would have 97.
Couturier played the toughest bottom 6 minutes of any forward in the NHL from 18 to 21. He's a near PPG top Selke level C the last two years and foreseeable future. I'm not saying he's better than Gaudrau but I'm sure more than a few GMs would prefer him

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Tough to say. I wouldn't argue with pretty much any iteration of:

Kuch
Johnny, Schef, Landy, Hubes, Coots

but that's 6 guys for 5 spots, so the answer depends on which iteration you prefer as there are good cases for taking any of those remaining 5 once Kucherov's off the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad