Top 5 players in 2011 NHL Redraft

How many of the top 5 would still be there in a redraft?

Votes: 71 46.4%

Votes: 35 22.9%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • None

Votes: 44 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

barrsdow

Jul 3, 2017
The original top 5 draft order was
1. RNH
2. Landeskog
3. Huberdeau
4. Larsson
5. Strome

I would argue that none of the original players would be in the top 5 in a redraft as I would have it
1. Kucherov
2. Gaudreau
3. Scheifele
4. Gibson
5. Saad

What do you think?

Reactions: JHockey123

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
1) Mark Schieffle
2) Nikita Kucherov
3) Johnny Gaudreau
4) Dougie Hamilton
5) Sean Couturier

Kucherov > Schieffle, But Schieffle is a Centre,

... Ill take the Centre

Reactions: Critical

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Kucherov, Schiefele, Gaudreau are the top tier guys, followed by guys like Couturier, Hamilton, RNH, Landeskog, Saad, Huberdeau etc. This draft looks so much better now than it did at the time.

As for the poll, probably none of them. This draft has alot of talent come from after the first round (Gaudreau/Kucherov) and guys performing beyond expectations in Schiefele

Reactions: tucker3434

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Kucherov, Schiefele, Gaudreau are the top tier guys, followed by guys like Couturier, Hamilton, RNH, Landeskog, Saad, Huberdeau etc. This draft looks so much better now than it did at the time.

As for the poll, probably none of them. This draft has alot of talent come from after the first round (Gaudreau/Kucherov) and guys performing beyond expectations in Schiefele

Mostly agreed but I think Landeskog/Huberdeau slide in at number 5. Both are having pretty solid years right now.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
holy smokes everyone spelled Scheifele's name wrong in here except for the OP

that's impressive

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
1) Kucherov- He's the best player in hockey right now
2) Scheif- Normally centers have more value than wingers, but Kucherov is the best player in hockey right now.
3) Johnny Hockey
4) Couts/Hamilton and potentially many others that can knock them out of this spot. Though Couts has been incredible this year, so far.

*If Couts continues what he's been doing, he'll kick Johnny out of #3.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
The original top 5 draft order was
1. RNH
2. Landeskog
3. Huberdeau
4. Larsson
5. Strome

I would argue that none of the original players would be in the top 5 in a redraft as I would have it
1. Kucherov
2. Gaudreau
3. Scheifele
4. Gibson
5. Saad

What do you think?

Would love to hear your reasoning for Saad ahead of Landeskog or Nugent-Hopkins.

Edit: or Hamilton for that matte

barrsdow

Jul 3, 2017
1) Kucherov- He's the best player in hockey right now
2) Scheif- Normally centers have more value than wingers, but Kucherov is the best player in hockey right now.
3) Johnny Hockey
4) Couts/Hamilton and potentially many others that can knock them out of this spot. Though Couts has been incredible this year, so far.

*If Couts continues what he's been doing, he'll kick Johnny out of #3.

Couturier has a career 0.492 ppg, gaudreau has a 0.917, (the highest of anyone in the draft). Curious how you think couterier could surpass gaudreau? If they both continue on the pace they are currently on, Couturier would have 75pts and gaudreau would have 97.

Last edited:
Reactions: BretFlameFan

barrsdow

Jul 3, 2017
Would love to hear your reasoning for Saad ahead of Landeskog or Nugent-Hopkins.

Honestly its just preference of player I've watched most of them quite a bit and I like Saad's game the most especially in the playoffs. I know that the 2 you mentioned have a higher career ppg than saad but if we were basing this on ppg, then gaudreau should be ahead of everyone. So its just my preference I guess. As for Hamilton I know he just had a 5o pt season as a defenceman but I still cant forgive him for that really dumb penalty in the playoffs ahaha

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Honestly its just preference of player I've watched most of them quite a bit and I like Saad's game the most especially in the playoffs. I know that the 2 you mentioned have a higher career ppg than saad but if we were basing this on ppg, then gaudreau should be ahead of everyone. So its just my preference I guess. As for Hamilton I know he just had a 5o pt season as a defenceman but I still cant forgive him for that really dumb penalty in the playoffs ahaha

That's fair! I don't necessarily agree but everyone has their own opinions

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

I have Saad ahead of RNH for sure, and possibly Landeskog

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Cout is having a career year and still not close to Johnny offensively....

I never ranked him higher than Johnny. But he is far better defensively, on the draw, has more positional worth, and he's a bigger, more physical body. All I'm saying is he has the potential to close the gap if he keeps it up, as unlikely as it may or may not be.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Couturier has a career 0.492 ppg, gaudreau has a 0.917, (the highest of anyone in the draft). Curious how you think couterier could surpass gaudreau? If they both continue on the pace they are currently on, Couturier would have 75pts and gaudreau would have 97.

Unfair to use career pace as I pretty much pointed out to Couts year (this year exclusively). But if they paced that way, this year only, and the gap was 22 points, it'd be debatable at the very least for sure. Couts is a defensive, 2 way, bigger player, and has positional worth at C and on the draw. We're speaking hypotheticals and Johnny is clearly ahead right now though.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
1. Huberdeau, who comes in at #4

Kucherov (hands down best player)
Schiefele
Gaudreau
Huberdeau
Gibson

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

in the last 3 seasons Saad has 66g, RNH has 44. thats a huge gap

Saad also has 21 more points in that timeframe. he has also played very well in the playoffs after being put in a top 6 role (IE not 2013) RNH was an absolute ghost in his only playoff stint

RNH is having a nice bounce back year but id still easily take Saad

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Kucherov
Gaudreau
Scheifele
Couturier
Gibson

So none. I'd have trocheck at 6th too so none in the top 6. 7th is up for debate with guys like Hamilton Landeskog and Huberdeau.

Don't discredit Palat and Namestnikov who both should go top 15 in this.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have Saad ahead of RNH for sure, and possibly Landeskog

I can see arguments for some other guys ahead of Landeskog in the top 5 but not Saad. Landeskog typically scores more on a MUCH worse team. If you swapped them and had Landeskog playing in Chicago for the past 3 of 5 years and Saad in Colorado, I don’t think their scoring would be that close.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
People are sleeping on Huberdeau because he plays for Florida.

58 pts his last 65 games. If he played for a big market team, he would get far more credit, and would be a slam dunk choice here. I think there's a case to be made for Huberdeau and Landeskog here.

Kucherov, Scheifele, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Landeskog

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
People are sleeping on Huberdeau because he plays for Florida.

58 pts his last 65 games. If he played for a big market team, he would get far more credit, and would be a slam dunk choice here. I think there's a case to be made for Huberdeau and Landeskog here.

Kucherov, Scheifele, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Landeskog
Yep.
This gets annoying to see these type of posts, but indulge me: Huberdeau is underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->