Speculation: Top 5 Goons in NHL History

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah, Parros is probably the best guy out there for the job. Actually did the deed in real life, probably the smartest ever to do it.
His only problem is that Gooey Buttman spoon feeds him all decisions. So Parros will invariably look stupid, as Buttman veers between hating the fights, and doing whatever the billionaire owners order him to do.

Jul 12, 2007
Any list w/o Nicky isn’t a credible list

(Fotiu)
Yes to this !

Probably the best fighting skills ever in the NHL. Could do the Probie / Grimson “Go Nuts” thing when the spirit moved him.

More of a principled enforcer for his team and mates.

Even the biggest baddest guys didn’t want to fight him. He could throw a Golden Gloves hook or jab right on the KO button, on anybody. Didn’t win ‘em all, but could drop anybody in any fight with an opening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Villella McMeans

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Long live the legend of Justin Johnson who played 2 NHL games had a single NHL fight but it was one for the ages when he dropped Johns Scott .

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Yes to this !

Probably the best fighting skills ever in the NHL. Could do the Probie / Grimson “Go Nuts” thing when the spirit moved him.

More of a principled enforcer for his team and mates.

Even the biggest baddest guys didn’t want to fight him. He could throw a Golden Gloves hook or jab right on the KO button, on anybody. Didn’t win ‘em all, but could drop anybody in any fight with an opening.
Fotiu is easily a top 10 fighter of all time. Was more a protector than a goon. I’ll never forget when he hit Wilson with this right hand, don’t know how Behn stayed on his feet.

Jul 12, 2007
Long live the legend of Justin Johnson who played 2 NHL games had a single NHL fight but it was one for the ages when he dropped Johns Scott .

Pretty cool. Just like the PHI kid who just threw a no-hitter in his first MLB start. Or the SD kid who hit a slam in his first AB (and is a pitcher lol). You gotta like it when a young guy gets a lifetime thrill like that in game 1. Both with their dads in the stands going crazy, which is extry good.
And it shows what a good guy Scott is. Willing to have a laugh and give the kid credit, when he lost the bout to him.

Jul 12, 2007
Fotiu is easily a top 10 fighter of all time. Was more a protector than a goon. I’ll never forget when he hit Wilson with this right hand, don’t know how Behn stayed on his feet.

I dig how Big Behn looks like he just doesn’t enjoy getting hit like that. He had to pretend he was still in the fight, to not look bad, but he wanted the refs in there, quickly. Didn’t want to eat even one more of those. He probably hadn’t been cracked like that in a long time, if ever.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
if by "goons" you mean heavyweight enforcers then:

John Ferguson sr.
Dave "The Hammer" Schultz
Clark Gillies(the very best!)
Bob Probert
Marty McSorely

having scored 30 or more goals 6 times this Hall of Fame player NEVER had 100 penalty minutes in any season . Can you name him ?

Clark Gillies

Not sure if you ever saw him play but he was anything but a goon .

scott clam

Sep 12, 2018
having scored 30 or more goals 6 times this Hall of Fame player NEVER had 100 penalty minutes in any season . Can you name him ?

Clark Gillies

Not sure if you ever saw him play but he was anything but a goon .
Yeah, that's why I put "goon" in quotation marks.

Gillies was the toughest guy on the Islander Dynasty, and one of the most feared fighters in the league in his day: that's why I call him the greatest enforcer.

He had 71 fights, so I think he qualifies.

He's the quintessential "first-line enforcer" anyways.

All the other guys on my list could really play too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparksrus3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad