Top 5 forwards to build a team around.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
If your list doesn't include Ovechkin, just delete your post because you know absolutely nothing about hockey.

1) Ovie isn't in my top 15 of forwards I'd pick to start a franchise (declining production/age the main factor).

2) Only mods can delete posts so tough luck

OVs Gold Chain*

1) Ovie isn't in my top 15 of forwards I'd pick to start a franchise (declining production/age the main factor).

1) He won the Rocket last year for the second year in a row
2) You know nothing about hockey

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Too many forwards in these lists. Easy cup team, regardless of supporting cast:

Crosby
Toews
Giordano
Weber
Lundquist

2 centremen, 2 defenseman and a goalie.

Edit: Read the OP :facepalm:

nwaZ*

Too many forwards in these lists. Easy cup team, regardless of supporting cast:

Crosby
Toews
Giordano
Weber
Lundquist

2 centremen, 2 defenseman and a goalie.

Edit: Read the OP :facepalm:

Giordano has never even played in the playoffs. :laugh:

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Pretty obvious why Dallas is so good, they have two of the Top 5 forwards in the league. :sarcasm:

This is about who you would build around not the top 5 players in the league. Dallas struggled out of the gate but they are still a decent team. As for building around to me its a toss up between Seguin and Benn as to who would be better to build around. Might give the edge to Seguin because he is a center, but Benn is more rounded and big guy who isn't afraid to step up for a teammate.

My list:
Getzlaf
Crosby
Seguin/Benn
Giroux
Kopitar

OVs Gold Chain*

1) What Stanley cup champions are built around a winger
2) you know nothing about hockey

1) The fact that you think Stanley Cups are won by one player =
2) You know nothing about hockey :laugh:

You build a better team than GMGM did around Ovechkin and he's a multiple cup winner.

OVs Gold Chain*

You're really filling this thread up with factual, unbiased arguments.

Well this thread currently features posters saying "Ovechkin's production has declined" when he's been the league's leading goal-scorer for the last two years, so it really can't get much worse, can it?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
1) The fact that you think Stanley Cups are won by one player =
2) You know nothing about hockey :laugh:

You build a better team than GMGM did around Ovechkin and he's a multiple cup winner.

A streaky one-dimensional winger, who is almost 30 is exactly the player I want to build around. :shakehead

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ovechkin gets no respect. Its his own fault. He plays for the Capitals when he could have forced a trade to a good team long ago. Canadian media rips him to shreds as a primary programming source.

He scored 51 goals last season and 32 goals in a 48 game season the year before. This season he leads the league in shots on goal again and is again top 5 in hits.

after people ripping him to shreds over -35, he is now +8. He has never had a serious injury.

Its hilarious that next to nobody wants to build a team around a 29 year old player that is consistently the best goal scorer in the world.

KnoccOut

Dec 23, 2008
Toronto
Ovechkin will win The Richard this year... it was an adjusting period at the start of the season.. he will heat up

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Ovechkin will win The Richard this year... it was an adjusting period at the start of the season.. he will heat up

Hes been heating up for a while... last 4-5 games he's hit the crossbar at least twice in every game. They're going to fall in eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad