Top 5 forwards to build a team around.

OVs Gold Chain*

A streaky one-dimensional winger, who is almost 30 is exactly the player I want to build around. :shakehead

Streaky like when he scored a goal in like 20 straight games to get the Caps in the playoffs in the lockout year or?

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
1. Sidney Crosby
Elite point producing center, guy is under a great contract and makes everyone around him better. With the new CBA, contract amounts are going to be going up and if guys like Toews/Kane can get 11M, having Crosby at 8.7M is incredible and he's by far the best player in the NHL.

2. Tyler Seguin
Has been trending up of late, having him in the top 2 might be too much but he's a PPG player (with 90p-100p upside) who has been pretty solid defensively as well. He's got 5 years left @ 5.75M.

3. Evgeni Malkin
With Stamkos' contract ending soon, we all know he could get 11M-13M, having Malkin locked in thru his prime @ 9.5M is a huge asset. If he is given decent wingers to work with, we'd have ourselves a perennial 105-115 player.

4. John Tavares
He's had a rough start to the year, he's someone you can clearly build around him. Signed in for another 4 years @ 5.5M, if he continues his level of play this year then he might not be a top 4 player to build around anymore.

5. Claude Giroux
Guy is a stud, he's one of the most competitive players in the entire NHL. If Philadelphia could put a decent team around him then I honestly could see him going to another level. Good contract to go along with his numbers as well!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
1. Crosby
2. Seguin
3. Stamkos
4. Tavares
5. Giroux

It's mostly due to them being young (except Crosby). If each player could be taken at 18, then Ovechkin and Malkin would be included.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Crosby
Stamkos
Malkin
Giroux
Toews

I would like to add a couple more but the OP said five.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Crosby
Stamkos
Malkin
Toews
Giroux

In that order. Could put Tavares/Seguin/Price/Rask/Quick/Weber/Doughty in there at 5 and it wouldn't be much of a difference.

OVs Gold Chain*

Like when he put up 2 points against the Rangers in the playoffs that year?

Ohhhhh I see, you're going with the "make things up and hope the other person doesn't know more than me" thing. That's a bold strategy, cotton.

Ovechkin- 31 goals, 30 assists for a total of 61 points in 58 games played. That includes a +/- of +9.

SOOOO STREAKY! :laugh:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Crosby
Malkin
Stamkos
Tavares
Ovi

Right after I'd say Seguin/Benn, Getzlaf/Perry, Giroux, Backstrom and I know this won't go well, but RNH.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Ohhhhh I see, you're going with the "make things up and hope the other person doesn't know more than me" thing. That's a bold strategy, cotton.

Ovechkin- 31 goals, 30 assists for a total of 61 points in 58 games played. That includes a +/- of +9.

SOOOO STREAKY! :laugh:

Wow, you seem really sensitive about this. I'm not even saying OV doesn't belong on the list, nor do I disagree with you, even, but your posts in this thread have the tone of a petulant child, and it's definitely not helping you make your point.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
LOL at people who say Tavares

I make it no secret I think Tavares is crazy overrated but take into consideration, age, potential and contract he's definitely debatable a top 5.

Crosby
Giroux
Seguin
Malkin
Toews
Stamkos
Kane
Tavares

I couldn't stop at 5, theres too many good players

john skull

Jul 1, 2004
New York City
If you are building around forward its a pretty small list. Like under twenty five and 100 points is nearly a given. And dont even think about handing me a winger.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Wow, you seem really sensitive about this. I'm not even saying OV doesn't belong on the list, nor do I disagree with you, even, but your posts in this thread have the tone of a petulant child, and it's definitely not helping you make your point.

Takes me back to the gold old days of Crosby vs Ovechkin threads from 5-6 years ago. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad