Top 5 forwards to build a team around.

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
It's tough to find Selke caliber centers in this league as they are never available for trade.

So if a team has a chance at one of these players the other "pieces" of wingers like Marian Hossa, Ilya Kovalchuk, Marian Gaborik, Rick Nash, etc can be had in trade down the road to compliment the offense.

My picks would be:

1: Sidney Crosby
2. Patrice Bergeron
3. Jonathan Toews
2: Evgeni Malkin
4: Anze Kopitar

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
It's tough to find Selke caliber centers in this league as they are never available for trade.

So if a team has a chance at one of these players the other "pieces" of wingers like Marian Hossa, Ilya Kovalchuk, Marian Gaborik, Rick Nash, etc can be had in trade down the road to compliment the offense.

My picks would be:

2. Patrice Bergeron
3. Jonathan Toews

If there was a fantasy draft, same GMs, Bergy would be 1st round easy, but not 2nd overall... His mix of leadership/offense/defense/clutch ability is not something you find often but he's not talented enough offensively to be up there with guys like Stamkos/Giroux/Malkin/etc... More 15-25th but I'm glad he's getting some recognition

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
1) He won the Rocket last year for the second year in a row
2) You know nothing about hockey

1) Where are his stanley cup rings at?

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Jonathan Toews
3. Evgeni Malkin
4. Steven Stamkos
5. Patrick Kane

thatsclassy

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
1) Where are his stanley cup rings at?

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Jonathan Toews
3. Evgeni Malkin
4. Steven Stamkos
5. Patrick Kane

He could easily come back and say where are stamkos rings at ? Your argument is invalid

thatsclassy

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
I could easily come back and say

1) Stamkos > Ovy
2) You don't know anything about hockey

Maybe right now but the season is not over for all you know Ovie can come back and have a better season Ovie is still one of the better goal scorers in the league I believe he has a lot more individual awards than stamkos so

2) you don't know anything about hockey

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Depends at what age you stop choosing them to build your team around.

Is it 30? 28? 25?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If your list doesn't include Ovechkin, just delete your post because you know absolutely nothing about hockey.

LMAO. :laugh: I could of said the same thing about people who don't have Toews on their lists since he was actually chosen in polls by GMs and even players in the league to build around (along with Crosby) and actually has the pedigree, but I held my tongue. Just because you don't agree with someone, doesn't mean your word is gossip.

El Nino 22

May 3, 2014
Minnesota

My picks would be:

2. Patrice Bergeron
3. Jonathan Toews

How can you possibly justify Bergeron over Toews? 3 years older and a tier below.

zamo86*

Kopitar belongs no where near this list. Getzlaf is a top 5 forward but players like Tavares, Seguin and maybe even Hall go ahead of him in this poll due to age.

Arent the Kings built around Kopitar?

Dallas Eakins*

If your list doesn't include Ovechkin, just delete your post because you know absolutely nothing about hockey.

uhuh because of all the success the Caps have year after year? Honestly this post is far too idiotic for that level of snark it is the one that needs deleting. I would not want Ovie if I'm building a team period. Not because I don't think he's a good hockey player but you must build around a 1C and 1D period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->