Top 5 for 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR. Holiday

moosefan said:
few guys I have seen. I have seen almost every 87 born player in North America play in tournaments, and I have seen many Euro players for this draft and have people I know and respect who know their hockey well in europe who give me info as well. This is a prospects board, I gave my thoughts and if you don't like them well then don't read it but I am going to contineu to predict since that is what I do. People are still talking about Kovalchuk here but he is not a prospect anymore why don't you go waste their time.

I really really find that hard to believe. Have you seen Dustin Kohn and Mark Staudenger for instance? If so where do you see them being drafted?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
DR. Holiday said:
I really really find that hard to believe. Have you seen Dustin Kohn and Mark Staudenger for instance? If so where do you see them being drafted?

sorry i shouldn't have said it like that then. It should have sounded I have see almost every potential top end player born in 87 play.

DR. Holiday

moosefan said:
sorry i shouldn't have said it like that then. It should have sounded I have see almost every potential top end player born in 87 play.

Really because Kohn would be top 50 on most lists at this point and is playing in the whl. So I just wanted to see if you were blowing a little hot air and I guess so.

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Moosefan, where do you see Tony Rizzi for 2005 and Bobby Hughes for 2006? (Hughes is a late '87)

Both play for the Kingston Frontenacs.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
DR. Holiday said:
Really because Kohn would be top 50 on most lists at this point and is playing in the whl. So I just wanted to see if you were blowing a little hot air and I guess so.

Well for one thing I don't like Kohns game much as I seen him play last year for the Edmonton in the AMHL. He shows flashes of being a good d-man but top 50 I don't know. So far this year he is doing well with Calgary but stats don't always teall the whole story.

Blowing a little hot air...looks like you are trying to hard here to make me look bad. Well have fun with it, then.

DR. Holiday

moosefan said:
Well for one thing I don't like Kohns game much as I seen him play last year for the Edmonton in the AMHL. He shows flashes of being a good d-man but top 50 I don't know. So far this year he is doing well with Calgary but stats don't always teall the whole story.

Blowing a little hot air...looks like you are trying to hard here to make me look bad. Well have fun with it, then.

Can you tall us about his game? I see him a bunch just want to know if you really have.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
DR. Holiday said:
Can you tall us about his game? I see him a bunch just want to know if you really have.

when I seen him play the first thing that I noticed was his great skating ability, this kid is smooth and fast on his skates. He is an offensive d-man likes to rush the puck he is able handel the puck well comming up the ice with good puck control. He shows good passing skills and is able to generate alot of offense when on the ice. He showed smarts with the puck as well when I seen him. But what really stood out was his skating ability. Why I don't like him I don't know because he has the ability to be a good one, but there is something about his game which just doesn't do it for me.

I don't know why you are worried on who I seen play and didn't play, I actually do scouting for a hockey magazine and website and it is not hockeysfuture if that is what you are wondering, so this is why I get to see alot of the players play.

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Why are you calling out moosefan, he knows the most about prospects on this site, I don't really think he is in need of this silly challenge.

Well, my Rizzi/Hughes question is just me asking him because I would like his opinion on where they stand. I havent heard much talk about either and I would like some info about their possible draft positions.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
MHJS said:
Well, my Rizzi/Hughes question is just me asking him because I would like his opinion on where they stand. I havent heard much talk about either and I would like some info about their possible draft positions.

I am sorry with the Rizzi, Hughes. I have not seen either play yet that is why I don't have them ranked right now, maybe after the Canada Winter Games this year I will be able to answer about Rizzi, I think Hughes is too old for them but Rizzi should be there.

DR. Holiday

JasonMacIsaac said:
Why are you calling out moosefan, he knows the most about prospects on this site, I don't really think he is in need of this silly challenge.

I just found the comment about seeing all the 87's in N.A. a bit boastful and likely a hollow claim. Thats all i do agree with you that he has good knowledge though. I wonder who he works for McKeens, Redline or ISS?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
DR. Holiday said:
I just found the comment about seeing all the 87's in N.A. a bit boastful and likely a hollow claim. Thats all i do agree with you that he has good knowledge though. I wonder who he works for McKeens, Redline or ISS?

Mckeens acutally. What I said that for about seeing MOST 87s is that people say oh well you haven't seen this guy compared to blah blah but thing is I can compare games since I seen alot of the top guys play, for this birthdate. That is the only reason I said this.

DR. Holiday

moosefan said:
Mckeens acutally. What I said that for about seeing MOST 87s is that people say oh well you haven't seen this guy compared to blah blah but thing is I can compare games since I seen alot of the top guys play, for this birthdate. That is the only reason I said this.

Cool thanks for clearing it up

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:
sure here is my top 30 with others: (List is a bit different since I update the one above):

1. Sidney Crosby--Forward—Rimouski
2. Gilbert Brule--Foward –Vancouver
3. Vitaly Anikeenko—Defense—Lokomotive
4. Guillaume Latendresse--Forward—Drumm
5. Devereaux Heshmatpour--Def--Kitchener
6. Jack Johnson—Defense—NTDP 17
7. Jean-Philippe Paquet--Defense--Shawinig
8. Matt Lashoff—Defense—Kitchener
9. Jack Skille-Forward—U17 NTDP
10. Jakub Vojta--Defense--HC Sparta Praha
11. Jason Lawrence—Forward—NTDP 17
12. Ryan Mior—Goalie—PEI
13. Bobby Ryan—Forward—Owen Sound.
14. Devin Setoguchi—RW—Saskatoon
15. Alexander Sopin--Forward--Dynamo
16. Tomas Pospisil—Forward—Ocelari Trinec
17. Romy Elayoubi--Forward--Chicoutimi
18. Jeff Frazee—Goalie—NTDP 17
19. Luc Bourdon—Defense—Val’d-Or
20. Wacey Rabbit—Forward—Saskatoon
21. Mike Gauthier--Defense—Prince Albert
22. Wes O’Neil--Defense—Notre Dame
23. J-P Levasseur—Goalie--Rouyn Nor.
24. David Kuchejda—Forward— Budjovice
25. Alexander Sundström—Forward--Sweden
26. Gennadi Churilov—Center—Metallurg
27. Jakub Kindl--Defense—HC Pardubice
28. Carey Price--Goalie—Tri City
29. Fredrik Pettersson—Forward—Frolunda J16
30. Vyacheslav Buravchikov—Defense—Krylia

Here some guys who have the potential to move way up to be in the 1st round:

Johannes Salomonsson—Forward--Djurgarden (if opts out of 2004 will be a top 20 pick)
Andrew Andricopoulos—Defense—Quebec
Patrick McNeill—Defense—Saginaw
Zach MacVoy—Forward—NTDP 17
Marc Staal—Defense—Sudbury
Bryan Little—Forward—Barrie
Ryan O’Marra—Forward—Erie
Mika Halava—Forward—Assat (Fin)
Alex Bourrett--Forward--Sherbrooke
Chris Durand-_Center—Seattle
Francois Charland—Forward—Magog
Chris Lawrence--Foward—SSM
Mike Stuart—Defense—NTDP 17
Risto Korhonen—Defense—Karpat
Tom Mannino—Forward—London
Václav Vondráček—D—HC Ceske Budej
Denis Istomin—RW--Metall
Andrei Kiryukhin--Forward--Lokomotive

ahhhh 2007 is out of my sites right now besides Esposito and Beiga.

hmm..i may be an Owen Sound homer but i think Bobby Ryan should be higher than 13..Have you seen him play??i have a but am by no means a scout like you.I am pretty impressed just wondering what you've picked up on..

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
gagnefan said:
hmm..i may be an Owen Sound homer but i think Bobby Ryan should be higher than 13..Have you seen him play??i have a but am by no means a scout like you.I am pretty impressed just wondering what you've picked up on..

In many drafts he would be but this draft is going to be one to really watch out for like 2003 but with better top end talent. So IMO having a guy around 13th in this draft could be something special.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:
In many drafts he would be but this draft is going to be one to really watch out for like 2003 but with better top end talent. So IMO having a guy around 13th in this draft could be something special.

Fair enough.Thanks

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site

What can you tell is about this guy Moosefan?

What is he liken himself too...

Also how is the 2005 draft for offensive D-men..I see alot of Dman near the top but which ones are the Zubov, Ozolinsh types and who are the Adam Foote types....

are there any real run and gun great puck rushing D-men in this draft...?

Thanks....

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
moosefan said:
sure here is my top 30 with others: (List is a bit different since I update the one above):

1. Sidney Crosby--Forward—Rimouski
2. Gilbert Brule--Foward –Vancouver
3. Vitaly Anikeenko—Defense—Lokomotive
4. Guillaume Latendresse--Forward—Drumm
5. Devereaux Heshmatpour--Def--Kitchener
6. Jack Johnson—Defense—NTDP 17
7. Jean-Philippe Paquet--Defense--Shawinig
8. Matt Lashoff—Defense—Kitchener
10. Jakub Vojta--Defense--HC Sparta Praha
11. Jason Lawrence—Forward—NTDP 17
12. Ryan Mior—Goalie—PEI
13. Bobby Ryan—Forward—Owen Sound.
14. Devin Setoguchi—RW—Saskatoon
15. Alexander Sopin--Forward--Dynamo
16. Tomas Pospisil—Forward—Ocelari Trinec
17. Romy Elayoubi--Forward--Chicoutimi
18. Jeff Frazee—Goalie—NTDP 17
19. Luc Bourdon—Defense—Val’d-Or
20. Wacey Rabbit—Forward—.

Wow very impressive list. Good read.

Brisebois

Jun 17, 2002
Feeding Johan Sedin
Visit site
MooseFan. I was wondering why Alex Bourett fell so low. He was rated pretty high last year from what I remember.

Also what can you tell me about Lee Schachter? I know he was supposed to go in the Q draft, but I never found out what happened.

Thanks, and keep up the good work. :yo:

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Brisebois said:
MooseFan. I was wondering why Alex Bourett fell so low. He was rated pretty high last year from what I remember.

Also what can you tell me about Lee Schachter? I know he was supposed to go in the Q draft, but I never found out what happened.

Thanks, and keep up the good work. :yo:

I don't know what happened to Schachter but Bourett is very skilled fiesty player who is a grat all around player with offensive upside. I just think he won't be a 1st round pick, more like 2nd to early 3rd round. I consider this draft super deep as well like the 2003 draft but with better top end talent such as Crosby, Brule, Latendresse etc. So with Bourret falling here I don't think it is due to his talent just the depth so far. Now by next year who knows he could be in the top 20 players available. He is aggressive and loves to throw hits, play two way, and is good in the offensive zone, he is a complete player on the ice, who knows he could go late first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad