3. Jesse Joensuu—Forward—Assat (finland) 6’02/170
4. Sergey Belyakov—Forward—Krylia 87
5. Philip Kessel—Forward—USANTDP 5’10/160
6. Benjamin Breault—Forward—Notre Dame
7. Ondrej Fiala—Forward--Czech
8. Jack Combs—Forward--California Wave 6'00/205 62
9. Jonathon Toews—Center—Shattuck 5’10/160
10. Peter Mueller—Forward—USANTDP 6’00/175

and there are two phenomes for 2007 named Angeleo Esposito and Michael Beiga.

Where are Breault and Beiga from??

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
HabLover said:
Where are Breault and Beiga from??

Breault is from Quebec and so is , Esposito, and Michael Beiga. Esposito and Beiga are considered phenoms for their age group. Breault is arguably the best 88 born player in North America.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
moosefan said:
I would have Daniel Bertram at 5 but he is taking the NCAA route which wouldn't make him eligable till 2006 so I left him off of it, same goes for Andrew Cogliano.

Hasn't that rule been changed (or is about to be changed)? I recall hearing about this "double crop" of college players since the NCAA will be allowing incoming freshmen to be drafted and still have eligibility. I thought it either happened this year or would happen in '04. If so, Bertram and others like him would be '05 eligible as they otherwise would if they took the junior route. Please correct me if I have incorrect/old information.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
sveiglar said:
Hasn't that rule been changed (or is about to be changed)? I recall hearing about this "double crop" of college players since the NCAA will be allowing incoming freshmen to be drafted and still have eligibility. I thought it either happened this year or would happen in '04. If so, Bertram and others like him would be '05 eligible as they otherwise would if they took the junior route. Please correct me if I have incorrect/old information.

I think that is only for the USNTDP players, NTDP players can now be drafted and then go to University hockey after than if they want to.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
http://www.hockeyzoneplus.com/russia/rus105_e.htm

A little bit on Alexander Vasyunov and how he may be better then Kovalchuk. 52 goals half way through the year.

also here are Vasynovs stats:

http://www.kinderhockey.ru/players/?id=921

Sergei Belykov is a late 87 born and he is putting up super numbers as well as he is miles ahead of the competition for 87's, here are his stats:

http://www.kinderhockey.ru/players/?id=789

these are two player to watch out for. If they contineau their rampages on the scoring sheets they could be 1 and 2 come their draft year, but that is still far off...right now we can only follow and see if they can contineau.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Kevin Harvey from Owen Sound is being overshadowed by the hype surrounding Ryan, but he's quietly getting better and putting up the stats each game.
He isn't playing with as quality players as Ryan is however...but has earned my respect...he's going to be a great player...almost at the point per game level after not scoring in his first 4-5 games.
Ryan's totals 12 gms 6g 5a 11pts +4
Harvey 14gms 5g 4a 9pts +8

Harvey was the Toronto regions top scorer last season...and will be heard from...

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
balddog66 said:
Kevin Harvey from Owen Sound is being overshadowed by the hype surrounding Ryan, but he's quietly getting better and putting up the stats each game.
He isn't playing with as quality players as Ryan is however...but has earned my respect...he's going to be a great player...almost at the point per game level after not scoring in his first 4-5 games.
Ryan's totals 12 gms 6g 5a 11pts +4
Harvey 14gms 5g 4a 9pts +8

Harvey was the Toronto regions top scorer last season...and will be heard from...

Are you thinking of Kevin Baker? Kevin Harvey is a 19 year-old rookie with Owen Sound who has played Tier II with Oakville and Georgetown in the past. He plays much like his brother Todd but will never be confused for a great point producer. Kevin Baker, on the other hand, led the Toronto Young Nats and the GTHL in scoring last season and was Owen Sounds 3rd pick this year. He's a great skater with a soft scoring touch. I like him a lot and I think he'll play very well for Team Ontario should he be selected.

HABracadabra

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Esposito and Biega

Angelo Esposito is presently playing with St-Mary Shattucks, last year he finish second in scoring in his bantam AA league in Lac-St-Louis as a first year player

Michael Biega is currently playing in bantam AA for the WestIsland hockey organisation in Lac St-Louis. Last year, as a first year, he finish first in scoring in bantam AA in Lac St-Louis.

If 14 years old would still been accepted in Midget AAA, these two would have easily made the West-Island Lions this seasons. They both finish in front of the likes of Jason Legault, Kyle Kelly, Nicholas Pitsikoulis, Stefan Chaput and Alex Biega, who all made the Lions this season.

to Moosefan, Michael's brother Alex is also a very good hockey player, and let me tell you, there is another Biega in the coming, there is another playing peewee AA and i hear that he's tearing it up right now.

As for Michael is best regular season game so far, i think he as 8 points, is worst, 3.....

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
moosefan said:
Breault is from Quebec and so is , Esposito, and Michael Beiga. Esposito and Beiga are considered phenoms for their age group. Breault is arguably the best 88 born player in North America.

What's the story on this Breault kid?? Where is he playing now and what kind of stats is he putting up? Height/Weight? Is he the for sure #1 next year in the Q draft? If he's arguably the best '88 in North America, then why is #5 on your list?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
HabLover said:
What's the story on this Breault kid?? Where is he playing now and what kind of stats is he putting up? Height/Weight? Is he the for sure #1 next year in the Q draft? If he's arguably the best '88 in North America, then why is #5 on your list?

I have him 5th because I said arguably, I have seen Camper, Kessel play many more times than I have seen Breault at the moment so I am waiting to see him play MORE games till I make further judgment.

The AAA page has not been updated since October 19th, he has really really came on in the last few games such as something like 10 points in his last 3 games but these are his stats up till October 19th though. In 15 games he has 10 goals 12 assists to put him in the top 5 of league scoring leaders. These are super stats from a guy this age in the league and also now it is probably like 30 somthing points in 17 games or like that and could be like 2nd or 3rd in the league scoring now.

he is 5'11/175 as well. Yeah all scouts agree this guy is the #1 choice for this year.

arsobro

Oct 4, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Midget AAA 88 born leaders

Meilleurs Compteurs (15 ans)
# Joueur Équipe PJ B A Pts PM
36 Breault Benjamin CCL 15 10 12 22 8
66 Riendeau YannickCCL 15 6 15 21 0
11 Corsi Peter-James LLL 14 13 5 18 16
12 Massé Dany CAG 14 10 6 16 12
11 Chabot Jean-Philip LÉV 12 7 4 11 18

# Nom Prénom height weight born Pos.shot
36 Breault Benjamin 5'11 175 88-02-21 C L
66 Riendeau Yannick 5'08 140 88-06-18 F L
12 Massé Dany 5'09"½ 176 88-05-12 C L
11 Corsi Peter -James5' 10" 160 88-08-03 F L
11 Chabot Jean Philip 6,00 172 88-03-31 F L

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
moosefan said:
I have him 5th because I said arguably, I have seen Camper, Kessel play many more times than I have seen Breault at the moment so I am waiting to see him play MORE games till I make further judgment.

The AAA page has not been updated since October 19th, he has really really came on in the last few games such as something like 10 points in his last 3 games but these are his stats up till October 19th though. In 15 games he has 10 goals 12 assists to put him in the top 5 of league scoring leaders. These are super stats from a guy this age in the league and also now it is probably like 30 somthing points in 17 games or like that and could be like 2nd or 3rd in the league scoring now.

he is 5'11/175 as well. Yeah all scouts agree this guy is the #1 choice for this year.

How would he compare against Crosby?

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
moosefan said:
I think that is only for the USNTDP players, NTDP players can now be drafted and then go to University hockey after than if they want to.

I'm fairly certain that is all players can now opt in to the draft and still be NCAA eligible, not just players in the USNTDP. The question is whether a guy like Wes O'Neill, currently in the NCAA, would still be eligble. Last year Al Montoya could not opt in or he would have lost his eligibility because he was currently playing in division 1. I'm not sure what the rule is for this situation this year.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
AJ1982 said:
I'm fairly certain that is all players can now opt in to the draft and still be NCAA eligible, not just players in the USNTDP. The question is whether a guy like Wes O'Neill, currently in the NCAA, would still be eligble. Last year Al Montoya could not opt in or he would have lost his eligibility because he was currently playing in division 1. I'm not sure what the rule is for this situation this year.

If Wes makes himself eligable for the draft this year he would not be able to play for NCAA next year.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
moosefan said:
If Wes makes himself eligable for the draft this year he would not be able to play for NCAA next year.

That's a rather unfortunate circumstance, but oh well. The 2005 draft will be even deeper.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
HabLover said:
How would he compare against Crosby?

you can't really compare that and make Breault look as good as he is...to compare something like that would be like comparing Wayne Gretzky, to Joe Sakic. Gretzky is far and away the better player but Sakic is still a superstar. Not that I am comparing Crosby to Gretzky nor Breault to Sakic just saying what I think that comparison is like though.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site

Now he is playing with CCL in the quebec midget AAA league

And do you think that Mathieu Carle would be a potential top 10 pick??

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
For the 2005 draft why is there no mention of Alexander Sundstrom, he seems to be a great skilled Swede, he is already playing in SuperElit league at the age of 16.

there is mention, he is 25th on the list that I posted on page 2.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Anfernic said:

Now he is playing with CCL in the quebec midget AAA league

And do you think that Mathieu Carle would be a potential top 10 pick??

I think Carle has the potential to be a top pick yes. I really like Carles game, he adds great offense from the point. Bathurst IMO got a real good pick in him when he slipped in the Q draft to late first round. I have to really see more of Carle but from what I have seen he is a great player who has a ton of potential that could be a top pick. On my 2006 list (Carle is a late birthday so he is 2006 ranked) I have him going 1st round I think in the top 15 or 20 players.

gibber1600

Aug 6, 2003
Great white north
moosefan said:
few guys I have seen. I have seen almost every 87 born player in North America play in tournaments, and I have seen many Euro players for this draft and have people I know and respect who know their hockey well in europe who give me info as well. This is a prospects board, I gave my thoughts and if you don't like them well then don't read it but I am going to contineu to predict since that is what I do. People are still talking about Kovalchuk here but he is not a prospect anymore why don't you go waste their time.
Calm DOWN buddy :dunno:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
okay.. time to hype a Swedish kid you guys never have heard of (and I bet we will see him on a lot of rankings further on ) :)

Name: Nicklas Bergfors
Team: Södertälje U20
Born: 1987
Position: Forward

Bergfors is currently playing against guys 3 years older in the Swedish U20-league and he is putting up great numbers. He has emerged this season as the top Swedish 87-born player.
Bergfors will also compete with the older national team (U18) in a tournament that starts in 3 days.

Definitely first round potential (top 10?).

Also there are two other Swedes that are also born 1987 and playing very well in the U20-league: Tom Wandell (Södertälje) and Mattias Ritola (Frölunda). Those two look like first rounders as well (btw, Sweden will have a scary draft in two years.. there's tons of quality players born 1987).

The following guys will likely end up in the top 3 rounds of the draft
Alexander Sundström, f
Alexander Ribbenstrand, d
Johannes Salmonsson, f (if he opts out of the 2004 draft)
Fredrik Sonntag,f
Patrik Zackrisson, f
Nicklas Öhman, d
Anders Selin, d

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Some rumor say that Angelo Esposito won't returned to Quebec next year and will at SSM.

Can someone give me an update on that.

Because if it's true that will be a big lost for the Q

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Anfernic said:
Some rumor say that Angelo Esposito won't returned to Quebec next year and will at SSM.

Can someone give me an update on that.

Because if it's true that will be a big lost for the Q

He's an '89 so he won't be eligible to play in the Q next year either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad