Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
HabLover said:
1. Sydney Crosby

2. Gilbert Brule

3. Guillaime Latendresse

4. Dan Bertram

5. Andrew Cogliano

Possibles.....Carey Price, Devon Setoguchi, Brock Bradford and Romy Elayoubi.

I like your top 3....but I think I would put Bobby Ryan in at 4 or 5.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I would have it more like:

1. Sidney Crosby. F Rimouski

2. Gilbert Brule. F Vancouver

3. Vitaly Anikeenko. D Lokomotive 88

4. Guillaume Latendresse. F Drummondville

5. Jack Johnson. D US NTDP U17
-------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Jakub Vojta. D HC Sparta Praha

7. Jack Skille. F U17 NTDP

8. Matt Lashoff. D Kitchener

9. Ryan Mior. G PEI

10. Bobby Ryan. F Owen Sound.

I would have Daniel Bertram at 5 but he is taking the NCAA route which wouldn't make him eligable till 2006 so I left him off of it, same goes for Andrew Cogliano.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
HabLover said:
1. Sydney Crosby

2. Gilbert Brule

3. Guillaime Latendresse

4. Dan Bertram

5. Andrew Cogliano

Possibles.....Carey Price, Devon Setoguchi, Brock Bradford and Romy Elayoubi.

Watch out for Ryan Mior over Price for 1st goalie taken in the draft, also Jeff Frazee for the USNTDP 17 team could be a better prospect than Price as well.

The Hrkac Circus

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
I think wes oneill will be in the top 5 if he of course decides not to opt in this year. I just think he will wait another year so he can keep his Notre Dame eligibility and maybe challenge for that number 2 spot behind Sydney Crosby.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Hrkac Circus said:
I think wes oneill will be in the top 5 if he of course decides not to opt in this year. I just think he will wait another year so he can keep his Notre Dame eligibility and maybe challenge for that number 2 spot behind Sydney Crosby.

I have seen O'Neil play and IMO he does not have the talent to challenge for 2nd overall in this draft with the likes of Brule, Anikeenko, Latendresse, Johnson, Kindl, Vojta, etc

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
I think you guys are way too early on thinking about the 2005 draft.Probably 1/2 the guys you are mentioning will slip to 3rd round or later and I see virtually no europeans on your lists.Don't try to poredict a 2005 draft group based on a few guys you have seen in juniors.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Spongebob said:
I think you guys are way too early on thinking about the 2005 draft.Probably 1/2 the guys you are mentioning will slip to 3rd round or later and I see virtually no europeans on your lists.Don't try to poredict a 2005 draft group based on a few guys you have seen in juniors.

few guys I have seen. I have seen almost every 87 born player in North America play in tournaments, and I have seen many Euro players for this draft and have people I know and respect who know their hockey well in europe who give me info as well. This is a prospects board, I gave my thoughts and if you don't like them well then don't read it but I am going to contineu to predict since that is what I do. People are still talking about Kovalchuk here but he is not a prospect anymore why don't you go waste their time.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
moosefan said:
few guys I have seen. I have seen almost every 87 born player in North America play in tournaments, and I have seen many Euro players for this draft and have people I know and respect who know their hockey well in europe who give me info as well. This is a prospects board, I gave my thoughts and if you don't like them well then don't read it but I am going to contineu to predict since that is what I do. People are still talking about Kovalchuk here but he is not a prospect anymore why don't you go waste their time.

The point I was making was that alot of people here are not even sure who the top 10 in the 2004 draft will be and you guys are talking about 2005.While you are at it you might as well predict the top 10 in the 2010 draft.I am sure there is some 11 year old out there just tearing up the pee-wee league. :rolleyes:

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Spongebob said:
The point I was making was that alot of people here are not even sure who the top 10 in the 2004 draft will be and you guys are talking about 2005.While you are at it you might as well predict the top 10 in the 2010 draft.I am sure there is some 11 year old out there just tearing up the pee-wee league. :rolleyes:

Thing is these guys are playing CHL and NCAA now and for the USNTDP. This is why people don't know about players because people like you do not want these things posted. This way people can watch these players and give their imput on them as well. This draft is only next year so I think it is valid to talk about this subject. If you don'tlike it don't read it simple as that.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
moosefan said:
Thing is these guys are playing CHL and NCAA now and for the USNTDP. This is why people don't know about players because people like you do not want these things posted. This way people can watch these players and give their imput on them as well. This draft is only next year so I think it is valid to talk about this subject. If you don'tlike it don't read it simple as that.

I think i speak for alot of people when I say who cares how well a 16 year-old is doing right now.There are probably thousands of situations between now and 2005 (which is actually 2 years away) that will affect where these guys will go in the draft.For all we know their will not even be a draft in 2005.I think that predicting where a 16 year old kid will go in a draft that won't be held for another 21 months is a pure guess.Alot of "experts" will have a hard enough time predicting the 2004 draft.I just think you guys should take it 1 year at a time and not try to "predict" what kids may help your teams 6 years down the road.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Spongebob said:
I think i speak for alot of people when I say who cares how well a 16 year-old is doing right now.There are probably thousands of situations between now and 2005 (which is actually 2 years away) that will affect where these guys will go in the draft.For all we know their will not even be a draft in 2005.I think that predicting where a 16 year old kid will go in a draft that won't be held for another 21 months is a pure guess.Alot of "experts" will have a hard enough time predicting the 2004 draft.I just think you guys should take it 1 year at a time and not try to "predict" what kids may help your teams 6 years down the road.

well since you liked my 2005 draft, here is my 2006 top 10:

1. Alexander Vasyunov--F—Lokamotive 88 5’11/172 27
2. Carter Camper--Center—Honey baked 5’09/160
3. Jesse Joensuu—Forward—Assat (finland) 6’02/170
4. Sergey Belyakov—Forward—Krylia 87
5. Philip Kessel—Forward—USANTDP 5’10/160
6. Benjamin Breault—Forward—Notre Dame
7. Ondrej Fiala—Forward--Czech
8. Jack Combs—Forward--California Wave 6'00/205 62
9. Jonathon Toews—Center—Shattuck 5’10/160
10. Peter Mueller—Forward—USANTDP 6’00/175

and there are two phenomes for 2007 named Angeleo Esposito and Michael Beiga.

Mooseheads@HF

Jan 17, 2003
East Coast
Moosefan, do you have a deeper 2006 List... gooing to the possible top 20-30 players ? Also could you please post a top 5-10 for 2007

its great reading, always nice to know these kids well in advance.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

PK*

Spongebob said:
I think i speak for alot of people when I say who cares how well a 16 year-old is doing right now.

Look at the top of the page. This site is Hockey's Future. The future of hockey doesn't start at 17 years old. That's why people talk about the 2005 draft.

Grift69

Oct 23, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
Why would you give that stupid role eyes smilie to moosefan, he's one of the most respected and intelligent posters here. I find it very nice that he is able to provide all this information on these kids that are so young.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Mooseheads@HF said:
Moosefan, do you have a deeper 2005 List... gooing to the possible top 20-30 players ? Also could you please post a top 5-10 for 2007

its great reading, always nice to know these kids well in advance.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

sure here is my top 30 with others: (List is a bit different since I update the one above):

1. Sidney Crosby--Forward—Rimouski
2. Gilbert Brule--Foward –Vancouver
3. Vitaly Anikeenko—Defense—Lokomotive
4. Guillaume Latendresse--Forward—Drumm
5. Devereaux Heshmatpour--Def--Kitchener
6. Jack Johnson—Defense—NTDP 17
7. Jean-Philippe Paquet--Defense--Shawinig
8. Matt Lashoff—Defense—Kitchener
9. Jack Skille-Forward—U17 NTDP
10. Jakub Vojta--Defense--HC Sparta Praha
11. Jason Lawrence—Forward—NTDP 17
12. Ryan Mior—Goalie—PEI
13. Bobby Ryan—Forward—Owen Sound.
14. Devin Setoguchi—RW—Saskatoon
15. Alexander Sopin--Forward--Dynamo
16. Tomas Pospisil—Forward—Ocelari Trinec
17. Romy Elayoubi--Forward--Chicoutimi
18. Jeff Frazee—Goalie—NTDP 17
19. Luc Bourdon—Defense—Val’d-Or
20. Wacey Rabbit—Forward—Saskatoon
21. Mike Gauthier--Defense—Prince Albert
22. Wes O’Neil--Defense—Notre Dame
23. J-P Levasseur—Goalie--Rouyn Nor.
24. David Kuchejda—Forward— Budjovice
25. Alexander Sundström—Forward--Sweden
26. Gennadi Churilov—Center—Metallurg
27. Jakub Kindl--Defense—HC Pardubice
28. Carey Price--Goalie—Tri City
29. Fredrik Pettersson—Forward—Frolunda J16
30. Vyacheslav Buravchikov—Defense—Krylia

Here some guys who have the potential to move way up to be in the 1st round:

Johannes Salomonsson—Forward--Djurgarden (if opts out of 2004 will be a top 20 pick)
Andrew Andricopoulos—Defense—Quebec
Patrick McNeill—Defense—Saginaw
Zach MacVoy—Forward—NTDP 17
Marc Staal—Defense—Sudbury
Bryan Little—Forward—Barrie
Ryan O’Marra—Forward—Erie
Mika Halava—Forward—Assat (Fin)
Alex Bourrett--Forward--Sherbrooke
Chris Durand-_Center—Seattle
Francois Charland—Forward—Magog
Chris Lawrence--Foward—SSM
Mike Stuart—Defense—NTDP 17
Risto Korhonen—Defense—Karpat
Tom Mannino—Forward—London
Václav Vondráček—D—HC Ceske Budej
Denis Istomin—RW--Metall
Andrei Kiryukhin--Forward--Lokomotive

ahhhh 2007 is out of my sites right now besides Esposito and Beiga.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
Kindl

moosefan said:
sure here is my top 30 with others: (List is a bit different since I update the one above):

1. Sidney Crosby--Forward—Rimouski
2. Gilbert Brule--Foward –Vancouver
3. Vitaly Anikeenko—Defense—Lokomotive
4. Guillaume Latendresse--Forward—Drumm
5. Devereaux Heshmatpour--Def--Kitchener
6. Jack Johnson—Defense—NTDP 17
7. Jean-Philippe Paquet--Defense--Shawinig
8. Matt Lashoff—Defense—Kitchener
9. Jack Skille-Forward—U17 NTDP
10. Jakub Vojta--Defense--HC Sparta Praha
11. Jason Lawrence—Forward—NTDP 17
12. Ryan Mior—Goalie—PEI
13. Bobby Ryan—Forward—Owen Sound.
14. Devin Setoguchi—RW—Saskatoon
15. Alexander Sopin--Forward--Dynamo
16. Tomas Pospisil—Forward—Ocelari Trinec
17. Romy Elayoubi--Forward--Chicoutimi
18. Jeff Frazee—Goalie—NTDP 17
19. Luc Bourdon—Defense—Val’d-Or
20. Wacey Rabbit—Forward—Saskatoon
21. Mike Gauthier--Defense—Prince Albert
22. Wes O’Neil--Defense—Notre Dame
23. J-P Levasseur—Goalie--Rouyn Nor.
24. David Kuchejda—Forward— Budjovice
25. Alexander Sundström—Forward--Sweden
26. Gennadi Churilov—Center—Metallurg
27. Jakub Kindl--Defense—HC Pardubice
28. Carey Price--Goalie—Tri City
29. Fredrik Pettersson—Forward—Frolunda J16
30. Vyacheslav Buravchikov—Defense—Krylia

Here some guys who have the potential to move way up to be in the 1st round:

Johannes Salomonsson—Forward--Djurgarden (if opts out of 2004 will be a top 20 pick)
Andrew Andricopoulos—Defense—Quebec
Patrick McNeill—Defense—Saginaw
Zach MacVoy—Forward—NTDP 17
Marc Staal—Defense—Sudbury
Bryan Little—Forward—Barrie
Ryan O’Marra—Forward—Erie
Mika Halava—Forward—Assat (Fin)
Alex Bourrett--Forward--Sherbrooke
Chris Durand-_Center—Seattle
Francois Charland—Forward—Magog
Chris Lawrence--Foward—SSM
Mike Stuart—Defense—NTDP 17
Risto Korhonen—Defense—Karpat
Tom Mannino—Forward—London
Václav Vondrácek—D—HC Ceske Budej
Denis Istomin—RW--Metall
Andrei Kiryukhin--Forward--Lokomotive

ahhhh 2007 is out of my sites right now besides Esposito and Beiga.

Hello moosefan,
Czech D Jakub Kindl is much better player than Jakub Vojta and for me sure Top Ten pick. Maybe the best offensive D at World U-18 Cup in August in Czech republic and Slovakia as a underager!
Great size, very good skater , very poised, excellent skills.
Vojta is very good prospects but Kindl is much much better.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
moosefan: you seem to be pretty high on U.S. born prospects. Do you get to see American born players very often, or is your information gained through other sources? Thanks for the insight.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Rabid Ranger said:
moosefan: you seem to be prety high on U.S. born prospects. Do you get to see American born players very often, or is your information gained through other sources? Thanks for the insight.

I get to see most of them, it is just that in these next two draft the USA is having really strong crops of players.

OHLprospects

Oct 11, 2002
Visit site
Tom Fritsche, younger brother of Dan Fritsche, He plays for the us U18. I have watched him play some Div 1 games and so far he looks like the best player on the team. He has the option to go in the 2005 or 2006. Has anyone else heard of him

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
OHLprospects said:
Tom Fritsche, younger brother of Dan Fritsche, He plays for the us U18. I have watched him play some Div 1 games and so far he looks like the best player on the team. He has the option to go in the 2005 or 2006. Has anyone else heard of him

yes I seen him play...he played last year for the US NTDP U17 team. He is a great player I just think that these drafts are so talented that it can cause a guy like him to fall in these drafts. Who knows by that time he could be a top 5 pick though, just right now I feel the guys I have listed are ahead of him so far.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
OHLprospects said:

Here's an article on him:

http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/main/home/ntdp_pow_fritsche/

It looks like he wants to attend Ohio State.

H3ro

Apr 24, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:
well since you liked my 2005 draft, here is my 2006 top 10:

1. Alexander Vasyunov--F—Lokamotive 88 5’11/172 27
2. Carter Camper--Center—Honey baked 5’09/160
3. Jesse Joensuu—Forward—Assat (finland) 6’02/170
4. Sergey Belyakov—Forward—Krylia 87
5. Philip Kessel—Forward—USANTDP 5’10/160
6. Benjamin Breault—Forward—Notre Dame
7. Ondrej Fiala—Forward--Czech
8. Jack Combs—Forward--California Wave 6'00/205 62
9. Jonathon Toews—Center—Shattuck 5’10/160
10. Peter Mueller—Forward—USANTDP 6’00/175

and there are two phenomes for 2007 named Angeleo Esposito and Michael Beiga.

Benjamin Brealt is a fantastic 88-born player. He's currently player for the Collège Charles-LeMoyne Riverains, not Notre Dame. I don't know the others, but I think Breault can easily go first overall, in 3 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->