Top 40 NHL prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Didn't say it wasn't.....I'm done with this thread, I gave you stats, others stepped in, I seen both of them play and yet you still want to be a homer.
lol, this is how you come off...

"You're not agreeing with me... Parise is better then Steen! Say it! Admit you were wrong! Other people agree with me! I've seen both players... therefore I am right! I'm leaving this thread because you think your prospect is better then my prospect, HOMER!"

Take care.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Seven_Nation_Army said:
Got Shishkanov?...he was leading the AHL in rookie scoring or tied with Kyle Wellwood before he went down with an injury

Shish played in the NHL this year

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Leafaholix said:
lol, this is how you come off...

"You're not agreeing with me... Parise is better then Steen! Say it! Admit you were wrong! Other people agree with me! I've seen both players... therefore I am right! I'm leaving this thread because you think your prospect is better then my prospect, HOMER!"

Take care.

From an observer... it seems like you just described yourself. Reading this entire thread, you presented no substance to support your "opinions" and it seems like you are biased towards Steen just because he is a Leafs prospect. I'm sure you're viewpoint would differ had Parise been a Leafs prospect.

And I too would take Parise over Steen (he simply is the better prospect).

leafaholix*

Ziggy Stardust said:
From an observer... it seems like you just described yourself. Reading this entire thread, you presented no substance to support your "opinions" and it seems like you are biased towards Steen just because he is a Leafs prospect. I'm sure you're viewpoint would differ had Parise been a Leafs prospect.

And I too would take Parise over Steen (he simply is the better prospect).
Not once did I say "admit you're wrong!"... or "my prospect is better then yours!".

Would I give up Steen for Parise? No... not because he's the better prospect, but because he's as good as Zach and is a very safe prospect. Parise may turn out to be the better player down the road... but he's definately not a sure thing. Neither is Steen, but he's as good as Parise right now. There's no reason that tempts me to choose Z.P. over Grus.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Leafaholix said:
That wasn't directed at you, it was directed more towards those who just give Parise the nod because they've heard Pierre McGuire praise him.

I admit, that is probably true.

Also, New Jersey Devils pick tend to get a lot of hype, which is sometimes undeserved.

It may get tiring to hear lots of people praising Parise but I still love him :p

Not only is he a quality guy, he has a style that I really like and a lot of people seem to think likewise.

All in all, that's four factors that make Parise highly regarded. I am not surprised by his popularity.

Sammy*

Leafaholix said:
Good one... great leadership always guarentee's victory... that's right.
Looks like the great leader is really not so great at all. UND got massively upset tonight by Denver & guess what, shut out in the process. I guess if one goes by his teams accomplishments & then characterizies him as a great leader, I guess this game (& for that matter the WJC) proves that he is no leader at all & folds in the big games.
This is facetious of course but it gets kinda stupid when one calls a 19 year old a great leader because his team won a WJC where he was effectivly shut down for the two most important games. Using that reasoning, every player on the US is a great leader & nobody on Canada.
BTW, Vanek got 2 & an assist today. :yo: :yo:

Last edited by a moderator:

musdy

Jan 21, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
montreal said:
I've seen Kastsitsyn play a few times and I think he's the best prospect not in the NHL that's been drafted. it's just my opinion.
How can you say he's the best prospect when you haven't seen a lot the others play. I'm not doubting his talent but him as a #1 is definitely questionable.

leafaholix*

X-SHARKIE said:
Steve Bernier should be in this top 40 ...no question. Matt Carle probally couldve slipped in it as well...Patrick Ehelechner.
Steve Bernier... he has a shot.

Matt Carle and Patrick Ehelechner... seriously?

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Hey montreal, know that some of the kinks in your list are worked out, how about you update it? I'd like to see if you've changed your mind at all. Just a thought as you've got guys who did play in the NHL on your list, plus you've admitted you forgot some players.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
pierrehedinrocks said:
How can you say he's the best prospect when you haven't seen a lot the others play. I'm not doubting his talent but him as a #1 is definitely questionable.

I've seen most of the prospects on this list at one point or another. Kastsitsyn has unreal skills, he's a highly skilled forward and aside from his defensive and netural zone problems and some health issues, I don't see many other prospects that have the upside of Kastsitsyn. Even if he's not #1, he's up there and I don't understand why people have such a hard time thinking he's the top prospect not in the NHL. It's not that much of a strech. But I messed up and didn't say that a few guys were already taken in a draft, so it would have been Phaneuf then Kastsitsyn, as I love Phaneuf's game both offensively and physically. Kastsitsyn just has too much skill not to be at least near the top. Again it's only my opininon, it comes from what I've seen mostly not any popular opinions expressed by media outlets.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
X-SHARKIE said:
Steve Bernier should be in this top 40 ...no question. Matt Carle probally couldve slipped in it as well...Patrick Ehelechner.

Bernier should be but he was forgotten as well. Carle is #32 on the list.

X-SHARKIE

Ok.... I missed Carle..... Bernier is a lock on there, I understand, i'm forgetfull my self.

Yess Carle should be on there, watching his play last year in River City and now catching him on the Dish playing in Denver, he's mighty impressive, ever since WJC his game has sky rocketed. He's been a stud defensivly and offesnivly for Denver.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
X-SHARKIE said:
Ok.... I missed Carle..... Bernier is a lock on there, I understand, i'm forgetfull my self.

Yess Carle should be on there, watching his play last year in River City and now catching him on the Dish playing in Denver, he's mighty impressive, ever since WJC his game has sky rocketed. He's been a stud defensivly and offesnivly for Denver.

I've seen him a few times at DU (got one or two games on tape) and he's been impressive every time. Solid on his skates and moves the puck well. Not the biggest guy but seems to be a very smart player. He's having one heck of a freshman year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ok I'll redo the list for the guys I forgot, I knew I would forget some, my bad.

Top 40

1. Phaneuf
2. Kastsitsyn
3. Parise
4. Cater
5. Grigorenko
6. Suter
7. Steen
8. Getzlaf
9. Mirnov
10. Welch
11. Paille
12. Perezhogin
13. Jokinen
14. Anothy Stewart
15. Steve Bernier
16. Kahnberg
17. Richards
18. O'Sullivan
19. Nilsson
20. Fehr
21. Slater
22. Shkotov
23. Coburn
24. Vanek
25. Eriksson
26. Coburn
27. Moyzakin
28. Zakharov
29. Ruzicka
30. Kosmachev
31. Patrick Eaves
32. Pushkarov
33. Boyle
34. Stuart
35. Carle
36. Fleischman
37. Kanko
38. Jessiman
39. Ben Eaves
40. Gladskikh

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
montreal said:
Ok I'll redo the list for the guys I forgot, I knew I would forget some, my bad.

Top 40

1. Phaneuf
2. Kastsitsyn
3. Parise
4. Cater
5. Grigorenko
6. Suter
7. Steen
8. Getzlaf
9. Mirnov
10. Welch
11. Paille
12. Perezhogin
13. Jokinen
14. Anothy Stewart
15. Steve Bernier
16. Kahnberg
17. Richards
18. O'Sullivan
19. Nilsson
20. Fehr
21. Slater
22. Shkotov
23. Coburn
24. Vanek
25. Eriksson
26. Coburn
27. Moyzakin
28. Zakharov
29. Ruzicka
30. Kosmachev
31. Patrick Eaves
32. Pushkarov
33. Boyle
34. Stuart
35. Carle
36. Fleischman
37. Kanko
38. Jessiman
39. Ben Eaves
40. Gladskikh
:yo: :yo: :yo: I know he was on the list before, but I'm glad he is still on your list after adding the other prospects. What do you think he will be, Montreal? An all-star, a first liner, 2nd liner, never make the NHL? What do you think about the progress he's made? Will he be in Hartford or Dartmouth next year? What do you think his potential is? How many times have you seen him? Who do you compare him to?

leafaholix*

montreal said:

Top 40

1. Phaneuf
2. Kastsitsyn
3. Parise
4. Cater
5. Grigorenko
6. Suter
7. Steen
8. Getzlaf
9. Mirnov
10. Welch
11. Paille
12. Perezhogin
13. Jokinen
14. Anothy Stewart
15. Steve Bernier
16. Kahnberg
17. Richards
18. O'Sullivan
19. Nilsson
20. Fehr
21. Slater
22. Shkotov
23. Coburn
24. Vanek
25. Eriksson
26. Coburn
27. Moyzakin
28. Zakharov
29. Ruzicka
30. Kosmachev
31. Patrick Eaves
32. Pushkarov
33. Boyle
34. Stuart
35. Carle
36. Fleischman
37. Kanko
38. Jessiman
39. Ben Eaves
40. Gladskikh
Jarkko Immonen (New York Rangers) should be on that list... he's a star in Finland and still only 22 years old.

Hmm... I shall make my list.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Broadway Crosby said:
:yo: :yo: :yo: I know he was on the list before, but I'm glad he is still on your list after adding the other prospects. What do you think he will be, Montreal? An all-star, a first liner, 2nd liner, never make the NHL? What do you think about the progress he's made? Will he be in Hartford or Dartmouth next year? What do you think his potential is? How many times have you seen him? Who do you compare him to?

Jessiman has great size and knows how to put the puck in the net, but I don't think he had a great year this season. I think Stempinak was one of the better players in the ECAC this year, but Jessiman is still a very good prospect and has a ton of upside. I have to think that the rangers sign him over the summer and put him in Hartford next year. (they could use his offense down there) As for his future, tough to say, but he's a scoring forward, so if he makes the NHL (and I think he will) he'll be a top 6. A solid 2nd liner or better, but I would think he'll need a year or so in the AHL to adapt to the schedule and much faster temp.

leafaholix*

Leafaholix's Top 40!

1. Dion Phaneuf
2. Igor Grigorenko
3. Ryan Suter
4. Andrei Kastsitsyn
5. Jeff Carter
6. Zach Parise
7. Alexander Steen
8. Mike Richards
9. Igor Mirnov
10. Noah Welch
11. Mark Stuart
12. Keith Ballard
13. Jeff Woywitka
14. Hannu Toivonen
15. David LeNeveu
16. Josh Harding
17. Braydon Coburn
18. Alexander Perezhogin
19. Anthony Stewart
20. Thomas Vanek
21. Loui Eriksson
22. Ryan Getzlaf
23. Magnus Kahnberg
24. Valtteri Filppula
25. Robert Nilsson
26. Tomas Fleischmann
27. Ryan Whitney
28. Konstantin Pushkarov
29. Eric Fehr
30. Daniel Paille
31. Patrick Eaves
32. Jim Slater
33. Patrick O'Sullivan
34. Kirill Koltsov
35. Danny Richmond
36. Henrik Lundqvist
37. Steve Bernier
38. Tobias Enstrom
39. Jarkko Immonen
40. Rob Globke

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Leafaholix said:
Leafaholix's Top 40!

1. Dion Phaneuf
2. Igor Grigorenko
3. Ryan Suter
4. Andrei Kastsitsyn
5. Jeff Carter
6. Zach Parise
7. Alexander Steen
8. Mike Richards
9. Igor Mirnov
10. Noah Welch
11. Mark Stuart
12. Doug Lynch
13. Keith Ballard
14. Jeff Woywitka
15. Hannu Toivonen
16. David LeNeveu
17. Josh Harding
18. Thomas Vanek
19. Braydon Coburn
20. Alexander Perezhogin
21. Loui Eriksson
22. Ryan Getzlaf
23. Magnus Kahnberg
24. Valtteri Filppula
25. Anthony Stewart
26. Robert Nilsson
27. Ryan Whitney
28. Konstantin Pushkarov
29. Eric Fehr
30. Tomas Fleischmann
31. Daniel Paille
32. Jim Slater
33. Patrick Eaves
34. Patrick O'Sullivan
35. Kirill Koltsov
36. Danny Richmond
37. Henrik Lundqvist
38. Steve Bernier
39. Tobias Enstrom
40. Rob Globke

Jussi Jokinen > Loui Eriksson.. Decent list though..

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Vlad The Impaler said:
Damn, Mikko Koivu gets no love :p
Petr Vrana gets even less......for a player on the CHL all rookie team he misses quite a few lists. His injury this year along with his team must have really sent him back.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Leafaholix said:
Leafaholix's Top 40!
2. Igor Grigorenko
Great list.
Can someone tell me about Grigorenko? Everyone seems to love him but I don't know much about him.
Also, was he the player that got into that horrible car accident? I vaguely remember that.

leafaholix*

Yellowcard said:
Great list.
Can someone tell me about Grigorenko? Everyone seems to love him but I don't know much about him.
Also, was he the player that got into that horrible car accident? I vaguely remember that.
Yes, that's him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese