Top 40 NHL prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I did a list of the top 40 prospects that have been drafted already but haven't played a game in the NHL yet. No goalies were on the list, as I was asked to put this list together that way. I may be missing some, and there's a few that many won't agree with. I've seen a lot of them, but not all of them, so I had to go off what I know from talking to other writers here at HF, and a few pro scouts I've spoken with over the years.

I didn't type team or first names cause I'm lazy if you can't figure it out, ask. And I can't spell all that good either. ;)

Top 40 Prospects

1. Kastsitsyn
2. Parise
3. Carter
4. Steen
5. Getzlaf
6. Suter
7. Grigorenko
8. Jukinen
9. Mirnov
10. Kahnberg
11. Perezhogin
12. Welch
13. Fehr
14. A. Stewart
15. Higgins
16. O'Sullivan
17. Nilsson
18. Doug Lynch
19. Kosmachev
20. Slater
21. Richards
22. Vanek
23. Coburn
24. Polushin
25. Eriksson
26. Shkotov
27. Jurcina
28. Ramholt
29. Evaes
30. Moyzakin
31. Boyle
32. Carle
33. Zakharov
34. Fleishman
35. Kanko
36. Bochenski
37. Gladskikh
38. Evaes
39. Plekanec
40. Jessiman

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Kastitsyn #1 of all prospects who have not played an NHL game?

That seems questionnable at best.

Furthermore, you have an overwhelming lack of defencemen on this list.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Higgins has played 2 NHL games. Plekanec has played a couple as well.

Where's Phaneuf? Cobourn should be higher as well.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Mountie said:

Well it u haven't noticed Mountie, a habs fan wrote up the list. Cough: Bias!!!

Jurcina is there...but Stuart isn't??

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Not close.

Kastsitsyan first........ Hey Homer, Marge called, its time to take lisa to the library. While your there, check out a book called "How Not to be a Homer".

(just having a piss on ya mate. Your list is daft and far off but it is a dandy and you put allot of work into it. I just think that you are well off from number one on down but what do I know?)

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Richards should be higher than 21st, he was ranked 3rd in the whole CHL..
And what about Rucizka?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mountie said:

I've seen Kastsitsyn play a few times and I think he's the best prospect not in the NHL that's been drafted. it's just my opinion.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
GOBRUINS19 said:

Maybe he's a Habs Fan but he saw Kastitsyn play. he make a little report on him and he saw his offensive abbility. He could be another Pavel Bure so maybe Andrei deserve to be very high on the list.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
montreal said:
I did a list of the top 40 prospects that have been drafted already but haven't played a game in the NHL yet. No goalies were on the list, as I was asked to put this list together that way. I may be missing some, and there's a few that many won't agree with. I've seen a lot of them, but not all of them, so I had to go off what I know from talking to other writers here at HF, and a few pro scouts I've spoken with over the years.

I didn't type team or first names cause I'm lazy if you can't figure it out, ask. And I can't spell all that good either. ;)

Top 40 Prospects

1. Kastsitsyn
2. Parise
3. Carter
4. Steen
5. Getzlaf
6. Suter
7. Grigorenko
8. Jukinen
9. Mirnov
10. Kahnberg
11. Perezhogin
12. Welch
13. Fehr
14. A. Stewart
15. Higgins
16. O'Sullivan
17. Nilsson
18. Doug Lynch
19. Kosmachev
20. Slater
21. Richards
22. Vanek
23. Coburn
24. Polushin
25. Eriksson
26. Shkotov
27. Jurcina
28. Ramholt
29. Evaes
30. Moyzakin
31. Boyle
32. Carle
33. Zakharov34. Fleishman
35. Kanko
36. Bochenski
37. Gladskikh
38. Evaes
39. Plekanec
40. Jessiman

Thank you for the two Token Blues Prospects - we usually get no love. :handclap: :handclap: But I do like Belles upside more so then Zaks.

BTW, How has Grigorenko played this year? Has he recovered yet, or no? And how, if at all, has the injury affected his play.

It is a good list though I am sure others will disagree w/ certain names on it. But everyone has an opinion.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Habsfunk said:
Higgins has played 2 NHL games. Plekanec has played a couple as well.

Where's Phaneuf? Cobourn should be higher as well.

Whopps, take off Higgins and Pleks forgot they played 2 games each.

Phaneuf was left off cause the list is for a draft and he was already taken. He'd be #1 if not.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
The difference between Steen and Eriksson is not 21 spots, in fact, there are some Swedish fans that prefer Eriksson. The two are very close..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hokay said:
Is it supposed to be Jussi Jokinen? If yes, how good is he playing this year (He's very high in your list).

Yes it's Jussi Jokinen, and he's having another good year from what I've seen, although I only saw Karpart once this year but he's put up good numbers. Someone who's seen him more can say better.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I don't know man....I don't really agree with a lot of things..

It's very erratic.

You've got guys like Vanek and Jessiman, Coburn really low and Mark Stuart right off the list completely, and then guys like Jussi Jokinen, Kahnberg, and Kosmachev really high.

I can't say I really agree with the list.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
GOBRUINS19 said:

Jurcina is there...but Stuart isn't??

Jurcina I like a lot, and think he's better then Stuart who's solid as well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Frenzy1 said:
Thank you for the two Token Blues Prospects - we usually get no love. :handclap: :handclap: But I do like Belles upside more so then Zaks.

BTW, How has Grigorenko played this year? Has he recovered yet, or no? And how, if at all, has the injury affected his play.

It is a good list though I am sure others will disagree w/ certain names on it. But everyone has an opinion.

No Grigorenko hasn't played yet, but he's expected back soon. Still he's got great upside and an impressive all round game. If not for injuries he'd be higher.

Belle I'm not a big fan of. Skating is great, but his hockey sense I think needs improvement.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Teezax said:
Richards should be higher than 21st, he was ranked 3rd in the whole CHL..
And what about Rucizka?

But there's the NCAA, RSL, sm-liiga, SEL, etc... I like Richards he's a great prospect, maybe he should be higher. Rucizka should be there as well, I missed him somehow.

leafaholix*

Zach Parise is overrated... I'd be tempted to rank guys like Steen, Mirnov, Perezhogin, and Grigorenko much higher. Just based on their success in the men leagues they play in.

st_roland

punchy1 said:
Not close.

Kastsitsyan first........ Hey Homer, Marge called, its time to take lisa to the library. While your there, check out a book called "How Not to be a Homer".

(just having a piss on ya mate. Your list is daft and far off but it is a dandy and you put allot of work into it. I just think that you are well off from number one on down but what do I know?)

Why do you have to be so f'n rude? He just put up this list as a favor to me, and all he gets from the peanut gallery is insults like this. If you want to see someone with class post how he disagrees with an opinion, check out Brocks post.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brock said:
I don't know man....I don't really agree with a lot of things..

It's very erratic.

You've got guys like Vanek and Jessiman, Coburn really low and Mark Stuart right off the list completely, and then guys like Jussi Jokinen, Kahnberg, and Kosmachev really high.

I can't say I really agree with the list.

Well it's not meant for people to agree with. I've seen a lot of different leagues like NCAA, OHL, QMJHL, RSL, sm-liiga, but I've only seen a little of WHL, and SEL. It's hard to have an opinion on every prospect, but I've seen most of them once or twice, which is not a good way to judge talent, but someone asked me to do this so I threw together who I found were the top prospects drafted but not in the NHL.

Vanek I've seen a lot, and I'm disappointed with, hence the lowering rating. Lots of skills, but effort isn't always there. I get just about every UMinn game on tv. Jessiman I feel is overrated a bit due to his size. He's still very good, but I expected more from him this year. Stepniak was the better player at Dartmoth this year, imo. Coburn I had to refer to others as I've seen only a few times, but wasn't impressed with his game. Not very physical for such a big guy. I could easily be wrong. Stuart I had right around Jessiman. Jokinen is putting up impressive numbers for Karpat for 2 seasons now, stars got a real good one, imo. Kahnberg has shown steady improvement year over year and seems to be having a great season. Kosmachev I've seen little of so I could be dead wrong on this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->