Value of: Top 4 Mobile LHD to boston

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don’t think the OP fully explains the Bruins needs. They need someone who can spell Chara. Krug and Gryz are both very good mobile d-men. Krug is excellent excellent offensively. But with both being sheltered it’s kind of a problem.

Targets would be guys like

Muzzin
Klefbom
Nurse

Krug to EDM just makes a lot of sense unfortunately. I love the guy, but McAvoy and Gryz can take over PP duties and they need some one to help Chara playing the other side of the puck from the left side. Muzzin might make sense for a prospects package, but, honestly I’d rather keep the prospects and be ultra deep until they are too expensive.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Would do something Heinen+(maybe Frederic?) for Brodin

Brodin is another guy that would fit the bill. Heinen+ would certainly be a starting point I would be comfortable with. Given the Bruins more shallow prospect depth up the middle, I think another prospect would be preferred to Frederic.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I don’t think the OP fully explains the Bruins needs. They need someone who can spell Chara. Krug and Gryz are both very good mobile d-men. Krug is excellent excellent offensively. But with both being sheltered it’s kind of a problem.

Targets would be guys like

Muzzin
Klefbom
Nurse

Krug to EDM just makes a lot of sense unfortunately. I love the guy, but McAvoy and Gryz can take over PP duties and they need some one to help Chara playing the other side of the puck from the left side. Muzzin might make sense for a prospects package, but, honestly I’d rather keep the prospects and be ultra deep until they are too expensive.

Chiarelli over valuing one of his boys from Boston and making a stupid decision. Sadly that would be to the surprise of absolutely no one.

How about y'all take Chia back in exchange for a 2nd round pick.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Chiarelli over valuing one of his boys from Boston and making a stupid decision. Sadly that would be to the surprise of absolutely no one.

How about y'all take Chia back in exchange for a 2nd round pick.

Klefbom
For
Heinen
2nd
Lauzon/zboril?

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Hutton or MDZ could be had for cheap- doubt you would want to part with those names for them though.

Ben Hutton - I second this notion. I think his value is a tad higher then you are giving him credit for tho. Maybe he will come to camp in the best shape of his life! A boy can dream!

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Klefbom
For
Heinen
2nd
Lauzon/zboril?

I don't think the Oilers are looking for that type of package deal.

Chiarelli is trying to hold onto his job that he already should have lost and needs the Oilers to make the playoffs and possibly do better than just make the playoffs next year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brodin is another guy that would fit the bill. Heinen+ would certainly be a starting point I would be comfortable with. Given the Bruins more shallow prospect depth up the middle, I think another prospect would be preferred to Frederic.
If you're not willing to throw in Frederic then you're not serious.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Klefbom
For
Heinen
2nd
Lauzon/zboril?

I just don’t see how EDM wouldn’t want Krug back. They have the leagues worst PP, Krug is a Chia guy with term and no trade protection. He is also a leader and Chia is obviously a big culture guy. If the Bruins were to move Krug, they get the best value out of EDM for certain. I don’t really know how Krug, Nurse and Klefbom lineup trade value wise. You know what you have with Krug. As good offense from the blue line as anyone not named Karlsson or Burns, a good possession player, but an absolute liability that needs protection against physical play down low. He tries his ass off, he is just small. You need your other two pairings to be able to play in their own zone, because you want Krug to get all the offensive matchups. Klefbom and Nurse? Klefbom followed up a good year (with arguments around McDavid effect) with a so so year. Nurse had his good year this year, but what is his ceiling? I think Krug holds the most value, but at his time last year, Klefbom did while Nurse made great strides.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It’s a question of seeing if there is a better match than “I know Frederic I want him! Badgers suck! Gophers rule!” not that the value is off.
I have no clue what you are talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad