Top 30 for 2008

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I don't think that matters, atleast not to me..this is his first year of eligibility, right?

He's not terribly weak, I've seen him some games throw his weight around alot to the point where I wanted to call him a more talented, but not as nuts version of Paquette. He has a cleaner skating style, and can actually carry the play.

Tousignant is in my top 60. I see his physical game and offensive dominance ramping up a few notches as time passes.

I'd rather a guy like him than Morneau who simply follows the play and one touches his way around the ice. I definately wouldn't call Morneau a "physical" forward either.

He is gritty but hes physically weak...as in when he goes to hit people, it does very little, and he often times has the puck taken from him because of lack of strength.

I like his skills and vision but i dont see him as a top 120 prospect.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
From a QMJHL perspective...in my opinion...

Samuel Morneau...has some off-ice problems and his production has gone south so i doubt he gets drafted.

Allan Clow...he was sent down to Jr A because he wasnt getting icetime, so he likely wont get picked.

Taylor MacDougall...his offensive game has been pretty much non-existent. I like what he does away from the puck, and on the PK, as well as faceoffs, but im not sure if thats going to be enough for him to get picked.

Jonathan Bonneau...has basically done nothing the last 6 weeks. Isnt playing very much as well and has hit the wall so to speak.

Maxime Sauve...should be higher

Pascal Amyot...shouldnt be that high

Joel Champagne...I dont think he gets drafted period...other than him being 6'03 205, there is very little going for him.

Chris Doyle...he should be higher..despite having a "bad" year he is still 3rd among 17 year olds in scoring in the Q.

Jan Kana...is far too high...isnt good enough offensivly, and isnt a great skater, plus hes 5'07...

Kevin Poulin...should be higher

Marc Barberio...should be much higher

Dannik Hudon-Paquette...not a fan of his...you probably have him too high but i know a few people that would agree with you.

Alex Neron...too high

Peter Delmas...is a bit too high

Some names to keep an eye on...

Alexander Beaton - C - LEW...has slowed of late but he has so much skill and vision.
Marco Cousineau - G - BaC...having an outstanding season
Marc-Andre Bourdon - D - RN...captain of a top Q team, and logs about 25 minutes a night
Jarred Struthers - W - RN...does a lot of things well, isnt flashy though
Pierre-Alexandre Vandall - C - SHA...one of the best faceoff men in the Q and has good skills
Joel Chouinard - D - VIC...offensivly gifted, smooth skater and size

Nice rundown! I agree with mostly everything. Bourdon's a sleeper, a kid getting that much time and responsibility this early is definitely someone to watch. Not a fan of Champagne either. Vandall has popped up on my radar and I like his skills from the few times I've seen him.

Where's Adam though? He's in my 2008 top 30. He's big, strong, can skate, has puck skills, and is a complete player. I sense he has the determination you look for in a player too. Not sure what's keeping him down.

M. Sauve getting traded away from Quebec was about the best thing possible for his draft prospects IMO. Watching that team was a bit much. With Stefanovich and Tessier being highly rated as well, I feel as though it was much to easy to forget about MS. He's going to a team where he can stand out much easier.

What about Hoffman and Delisle?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Nice rundown! I agree with mostly everything. Bourdon's a sleeper, a kid getting that much time and responsibility this early is definitely someone to watch. Not a fan of Champagne either. Vandall has popped up on my radar and I like his skills from the few times I've seen him.

Where's Adam though? He's in my 2008 top 30. He's big, strong, can skate, has puck skills, and is a complete player. I sense he has the determination you look for in a player too. Not sure what's keeping him down.

M. Sauve getting traded away from Quebec was about the best thing possible for his draft prospects IMO. Watching that team was a bit much. With Stefanovich and Tessier being highly rated as well, I feel as though it was much to easy to forget about MS. He's going to a team where he can stand out much easier.

What about Hoffman and Delisle?

He had Adam in the top 90 so i didnt comment as I agree with where he had him.

I forgot about Delisle...he should be in the top 90 in my opinion...and Hoffman has some skills, but he was released from Gatineau after 15 games and he had good numbers...makes you wonder...

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
He is gritty but hes physically weak...as in when he goes to hit people, it does very little, and he often times has the puck taken from him because of lack of strength.

I like his skills and vision but i dont see him as a top 120 prospect.

Understandable, but there's a decent chunk of players I'd take him before. Such as Henrique, Amyot, Jordan, Robak, Zahn, Delahey, Morneau.

What's Southorn done to be so highly ranked?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Understandable, but there's a decent chunk of players I'd take him before. Such as Henrique, Amyot, Jordan, Robak, Zahn, Delahey, Morneau.

What's Southorn done to be so highly ranked?

Southorn has a lot of tools, but is having some problems putting up points.

He has size, skating and puck skills, and projects to be a very good player, but hes raw.

Canuck71*

Here are my top 15 picks so far, I will try and complete the top 30 sometime soon. I will not be insulted by comments on my list so go ahead and share your opinion. Good? Bad? Where you would switch picks up? Some picks could definetly be switched around depending on which team is taking them. For Instance with Chicago I chose Del Zotto before Teubert because Chiacgo could you a puck rushing powerplay QB such as Del Zotto and Cam Barker Is kind of like the Stay at home shut down guy like Teubert.

Heres the List:

Overall #, Club, Name, D.O.B, Birthplace, Country, Height, Weight, Amateur League, Amateur Club, Position

1) L.A, Steven Stamkos, 02/07/1990, Unionville, ONT, CAN, 6' 1, 180 lbs, OHL, Sarnia, C
2) TB, Drew Doughty, 12/08/1989, London, ONT, CAN, 6' 0, 213 lbs, OHL, Guelph, D
3) WSH, Alex Pietrangelo, 01/18/1990, King City, ONT, CAN, 6' 4, 210 lbs, OHL, Niagara, D
4) EDM, Luke Schenn, 11/02/1989, Saskatoon, SASK, CAN, 6' 3, 209 lbs, WHL, Kelowna, D
5) PHX, Zach Bogosian, 07/15/1990, Massena, NY, USA, 6' 2, 200 lbs, OHL, Peterborough, D
6) TOR, Kyle Beach, 01/13/1990, Kelowna, BC, CAN, 6' 3, 203 lbs, WHL, Everett, C
7) NSH, Colin Wilson, 10/20/1989, Greenwich, CONN, USA, 6' 1, 215 lbs, HEA, Boston College, C
8) ATL, Cody Hodgson, 02/18/1990, Markham, ONT, CAN, 6' 0, 185 lbs, OHL, Brampton, C
9) FLA, Mikkel Boedker, 12/16/1989, Brandby, DEN, DEN, 5' 11, 201 lbs, OHL, Kitchener, RW
10) BUF, Nikita Filatov, 05/25/1990, Moscow, RUS, RUS, 6' 0, 159 lbs, RSL, CSKA, LW
11) CHI, Michael Del Zotto, 06/24/1990, Stouffville, ONT, CAN, 6' 0, 190 lbs, OHL, Oshawa, D
12) CBJ, Colten Teubert, 03/08/1990, White Rock, BC, CAN, 6' 4, 181 lbs, WHL, Regina, D
13) BOS, Zach Boychuk, 10/04/1989, Airdrie, AB, CAN, 5' 9, 176 lbs, WHL, Lethbridge, C
14) NYI, Josh Bailey, 10/02/1989, Bowmanville, ONT, CAN, 6' 1, 190 lbs, OHL, Windsor, C
15) PIT, Vjateslav Voynov, 01/15/1990, Moscow, RUS, RUS, 5' 11, 183 lbs, RSL, Cheljabinsk, D

Kopi The King

It's baaaaaack!!!
Oct 18, 2006
Los Angeles
Here are my top 15 picks so far, I will try and complete the top 30 sometime soon. I will not be insulted by comments on my list so go ahead and share your opinion. Good? Bad? Where you would switch picks up? Some picks could definetly be switched around depending on which team is taking them. For Instance with Chicago I chose Del Zotto before Teubert because Chiacgo could you a puck rushing powerplay QB such as Del Zotto and Cam Barker Is kind of like the Stay at home shut down guy like Teubert.

Heres the List:

Overall #, Club, Name, D.O.B, Birthplace, Country, Height, Weight, Amateur League, Amateur Club, Position

1) L.A, Steven Stamkos, 02/07/1990, Unionville, ONT, CAN, 6' 1, 180 lbs, OHL, Sarnia, C
2) TB, Drew Doughty, 12/08/1989, London, ONT, CAN, 6' 0, 213 lbs, OHL, Guelph, D
3) WSH, Alex Pietrangelo, 01/18/1990, King City, ONT, CAN, 6' 4, 210 lbs, OHL, Niagara, D
4) ANA, Luke Schenn, 11/02/1989, Saskatoon, SASK, CAN, 6' 3, 209 lbs, WHL, Kelowna, D
5) PHX, Zach Bogosian, 07/15/1990, Massena, NY, USA, 6' 2, 200 lbs, OHL, Peterborough, D
6) TOR, Kyle Beach, 01/13/1990, Kelowna, BC, CAN, 6' 3, 203 lbs, WHL, Everett, C
7) NSH, Colin Wilson, 10/20/1989, Greenwich, CONN, USA, 6' 1, 215 lbs, HEA, Boston College, C
8) ATL, Cody Hodgson, 02/18/1990, Markham, ONT, CAN, 6' 0, 185 lbs, OHL, Brampton, C
9) NSH, Mikkel Boedker, 12/16/1989, Brandby, DEN, DEN, 5' 11, 201 lbs, OHL, Kitchener, RW
10) BUF, Nikita Filatov, 05/25/1990, Moscow, RUS, RUS, 6' 0, 159 lbs, RSL, CSKA, LW
11) CHI, Michael Del Zotto, 06/24/1990, Stouffville, ONT, CAN, 6' 0, 190 lbs, OHL, Oshawa, D
12) CBJ, Colten Teubert, 03/08/1990, White Rock, BC, CAN, 6' 4, 181 lbs, WHL, Regina, D
13) BOS, Zach Boychuk, 10/04/1989, Airdrie, AB, CAN, 5' 9, 176 lbs, WHL, Lethbridge, C
14) NYI, Josh Bailey, 10/02/1989, Bowmanville, ONT, CAN, 6' 1, 190 lbs, OHL, Windsor, C
15) PIT, Vjateslav Voynov, 01/15/1990, Moscow, RUS, RUS, 5' 11, 183 lbs, RSL, Cheljabinsk, D

Fixed....:)

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
From a QMJHL perspective...in my opinion...

Samuel Morneau...has some off-ice problems and his production has gone south so i doubt he gets drafted.

Allan Clow...he was sent down to Jr A because he wasnt getting icetime, so he likely wont get picked.

Taylor MacDougall...his offensive game has been pretty much non-existent. I like what he does away from the puck, and on the PK, as well as faceoffs, but im not sure if thats going to be enough for him to get picked.

Jonathan Bonneau...has basically done nothing the last 6 weeks. Isnt playing very much as well and has hit the wall so to speak.

Maxime Sauve...should be higher

Pascal Amyot...shouldnt be that high

Joel Champagne...I dont think he gets drafted period...other than him being 6'03 205, there is very little going for him.

Chris Doyle...he should be higher..despite having a "bad" year he is still 3rd among 17 year olds in scoring in the Q.

Jan Kana...is far too high...isnt good enough offensivly, and isnt a great skater, plus hes 5'07...

Kevin Poulin...should be higher

Marc Barberio...should be much higher

Dannik Hudon-Paquette...not a fan of his...you probably have him too high but i know a few people that would agree with you.

Alex Neron...too high

Peter Delmas...is a bit too high

Some names to keep an eye on...

Alexander Beaton - C - LEW...has slowed of late but he has so much skill and vision.
Marco Cousineau - G - BaC...having an outstanding season
Marc-Andre Bourdon - D - RN...captain of a top Q team, and logs about 25 minutes a night
Jarred Struthers - W - RN...does a lot of things well, isnt flashy though
Pierre-Alexandre Vandall - C - SHA...one of the best faceoff men in the Q and has good skills
Joel Chouinard - D - VIC...offensivly gifted, smooth skater and size

Thanks LaLaLaprise.. some of the guys i have listed shouldnt be that high and i am missing some guys also.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
The Top 130

(will complete when i return from work)

1. Steven Stamkos. Sarnia, OHL
2. Drew Doughty. Guelph, OHL
3. Zach Bogosian. Peterborough, OHL
4. Luke Schenn. Kelowna, WHL
5. Kyle Beach. Everett, WHL
6. Nikita Filatov. CSKA Moscow, RSL
7. Cody Hodgson. Brampton, OHL
8. Alex Pieterangelo. Niagara, OHL
9. Colin Wilson. US NDTP, US
10. Zach Boychuk. Lethbridge, WHL
11. Tyler Myers. Kelowna, WHL
12. Kelsey Tessier. Quebec, QMJHL
13. Josh Bailey. Windsor, OHL
14. Mikhail Stefanovich. Quebec, QMJHL
15. Mikkel Bøedker. Kitchener, OHL
16. Tyler Cuma. Ottawa, OHL
17. Michael Del Zotto. Oshawa, OHL
18. Vyacheslav Voynov. Traktor Chelyabinsk, RSL
19. James Wright. Vancouver, WHL
20. Yann Sauve. Saint John, QMJHL
21. David Toews. Shattuck, US HS
23. Luca Sbisa, Lethbridge, WHL
24. Jordan Eberle. Regina, WHL
25. Colton Teuburt. Regina, WHL
26. Mitch Wahl. Spokane, WHL
27. Jimmy Hayes. US NDTP, US
28. Joe Colborne. Camrose, AJHL
29. Mattias Tedenby. HV71, MoDo
30. Jamie Arniel. Guelph, OHL
31. A.J. Jenks. Plymouth, OHL
32. Greg Nemisz. Windsor, OHL
33. Thomas McCollum. Guelph, OHL
34. Tyler Ennis. Medicine Hat, WHL
35. Philip Larsen. Frolunda, MoDo
36. Johan Motin. Färjestads BK, MoDo
37. Peter Delmas, Lewiston, QMJHL
38. Mark Barbeiro. Moncton, QMJHL
39. Phillipe Cornet. Rimouski, QMJHL
40. Anton Gustafsson. Frolunda, MoDo
41. Phil McRae. London, OHL
42. Colby Robak. Brandon, WHL
43. Patrice Cormier. Rimouski, QMJHL
44. Tomi Sallinen. Blues Jr., Sm-liiga
45. Yevgeny Grachev. Yaroslavl, RSL
46. Jordan Southorn. PEI, QMJHL
47. Andre Pettersson. Mississiauga, OHL
48. Kirill Petrov. Ak Bars Kazan, RSL
49. Shawn Lalonde. Belleville, OHL
50. Robert Mayer. Saint John, QMJHL
51. Jared Staal. Sudbury, OHL
52. Alexandre Neron. Rimouski, QMJHL
53. Nathan Moon. Kingston, OHL
54. Maxim Chudinov. Severstal, RSL
55. Danick Hudon-Paquette. Lewiston, QMJHL
56. Dmitry Kugryshev. CSKA Moscow, RSL
57. James Livingston. Sault Ste. Marie, OHL
58. Tomas Kubalik. Victoriaville, QMJHL
59. Taylor Stefishen. Langley, BCHL
60. Tyler Schmidt. Tri-City, WHL
61. Jake Gardiner. Minnetonka, US HS
62. Andrei Loktoinov. Yaroslavl, RSL
63. Harri Saterri. Tampere, Sm-liiga
64. Chris Doyle. PEI, QMJHL
65. Vladimir Roth. London, OHL
66. Stefan Della Rovere. Barrie, OHL
67. Kevin Poulin. Victoriaville, QMJHL
68. Tomas Knotek. Halifax, QMJHL
69. Aaron Ness. Roseau, US HS
70. Maxime Sauve. Quebec, QMJHL
71. Joonas Rask, Ilves, SM-lliga
72. Jyri Niemi. Saskatoon, WHL
73. Michal Jordan. Windsor, OHL
74. Joakim Mattson. Linköping, MoDo
75. Geordie Wudrick. Swift Current, WHL
76. Eric Mestery. Tri-City, WHL
77. Henrik Eriksson. Djugarden, MoDo
78. Luke Adam. St. John's, QMJHL
79. Braden Holtby. Saskatoon, WHL
80. Lukas Stoop. Davos, Swiss
81. Lance Bouma. Vancouver, WHL
82. Mike Fink. Waterloo, USHL
83. Julien Demers, Ottawa, OHL
84. Eric Doyle. Swift Current, WHL
85. Jacob Markstrom. Byrnas, MoDo
86. Kruise Reddick. Tri-City, WHL
87. Adam Henrique, Windsor, OHL
88. Kyle St. Denis. Kelowna, WHL
89. Jordan Skellet. Erie, OHL
90. Joe Gleason. Edina, US HS
91. Pavel Chernov. Spartak, RSL
92. Mike Pelech. Mississauga, OHL
93. Tomi Karhunen. Sarnia, OHL
94. Dustin Tokarski. Spokane, WHL
95. Teigan Zhan. Saskatoon, WHL
96. Jared Festler. Lincoln, USHL
97. Travis Dunstall. Kamloops, WHL
98. Corey Trivino. Barrie, OHL
99. Mathieu Tousignant. PEI, QMJHL
100. Pascal Amyot. Saint John, QMJHL
101. Anton Lazarev. Mytischi, RSL
102. Jan Kana. PEI, QMJHL
103. Rylan Schwartz. Notre Dame, SJHL
104. Samuel Groulx. Quebec, QMJHL
105. Taylor MacDougall. St. John's, QMJHL
106. Riley MacIntosh. Kelowna, WHL
107. Michael D'Orazio. Owen Sound, OHL
108. Alex Beaton. Lewiston, QMJHL
109. Mitch Gaulton. Erie, OHL
110. Joel Champagne. Chicoutimi, QMJHL
111. Eric Baier. Providence, NCAA
112. Nicolas Deschamps. Chicoutimi, QMJHL
113. Craig Cunningham. Vancouver, WHL
114. Richard Manley. US NDTP, US
115. Joel Broda. Tri-City, WHL
116. Chet Pickard. Tri-City, WHL
117. Brandon Rowinski. Calgary, WHL
118. Vladimir Litvinchuk. Dynamo, RSL
119. Patrick Wierchoch. Burnaby, BCHL
120. Dale Hunt. Prince George, WHL
121. Mavric Parcs. Kitchener, OHL
122. Marco Consineau. Baie-Comeau, QMJHL
123. Slava Tulyakov. Dynamo, RSL
124. Nathan Deck. Prince Albert, WHL
125. Blaine Tendler, Prince Albert, WHL
126. Brandon McMillan. Kelowna, WHL
127. Adam Comrie. Saginaw, OHL
128. Marc-Andre Bourdon. Rouyn-Noranda, QMJHL
129. Samuel Morneau. Baie-Comeau, WHL
130. Matthew Strong, Everett, WHL
131. Brian Lashoff. Barrie, OHL
132. Jonathan Bonneau. Victoriaville, QMJHL
133. Jarred Struthers. Rouyn-Noranda, QMJHL
134. Tyler Shattock. Kamloops, WHL
135. Travis Hamonic. Moose Jaw, WHL
136. P-A Vandall. Shawnigan, QMJHL
137. Neal Prokop. Moose Jaw, WHL
138. Jacob Deserres. Seattle, WHL
139. Michael Clemente. Metropolitan, Jr. B
140. Jesse Brown. Syracuse, EJHL
141. Joel Chouinard. Victoriaville, QMJHL
142. Johan Erkgards. Farjestad BK
143. Pekka Jormakka. JYP, SM-lliga
144. Matthew Delahey. Regina, WHL
145. Brady Hjelle. Cedar Rapids, USHL
146. Justin Florek. US NDTP, US
147. Dean Howard. Oshawa, OHL
148. Roman Josi. Bern, Swiss
149. Dominic Bohac. Quebec, QMJHL
150. Derek Famulare. Chicoutimi, QMJHL
151. Daniel Despotovic. Södertälje SK
152. Vinny Saporani. US NDTP, US
153. Brandon Burlon. St. Michael's, OPJHL
154. Anders Lindback. Byrnas IF Gavle
155. Emil Bejmo. Farjestad BK
156. Steven Delisle. Gatineau, QMJHL
157. Zac Dalpe. Penticton, BCHL
158. Edgars Ulescenko. Riga, LVA
159. John Carlson. Indiana, USHL
160. Danny Heath. PF Changs, Prep
161. Joey Holka. PF Changs, Prep
162. Chris Menard. Governeur Academy, Prep
163. Viktor Tihkonov.
164. Sergei Ostapchuk. Lokomotiv, RSL

not completed yet. any suggestions would be great.

Last edited:

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
You have Aaron Ness going 26 spots behind Joe Gleason. As an SCSU fan, I have no love lost or any vested interest in either of this smallish defenseman, but Aaron Ness could go early in the second round. Gleason is an "offense only" defenseman who will go no higher than the third could possibly drop to the final rounds. JMHO.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
You have Aaron Ness going 26 spots behind Joe Gleason. As an SCSU fan, I have no love lost or any vested interest in either of this smallish defenseman, but Aaron Ness could go early in the second round. Gleason is an "offense only" defenseman who will go no higher than the third could possibly drop to the final rounds. JMHO.

thanks, you seem to know quite the knowledge of minnesotan hockey players. is ther anyone i should look out for?

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
thanks, you seem to know quite the knowledge of minnesotan hockey players. is ther anyone i should look out for?
Thanks, but I only know what I read. There's been at least one Minnesota HS kid taken the first round the past several years. I think this year will break the streak. The "A" rated players of the CSB watch list include: Jake Gardiner/D/Minnetonka, Cory Fienhage/D/Eastview, Tyler Barnes/F/Burnsville, and the afformentioned Ness. Fienhage is the biggest at 6'2" and has probably has the best chance of being drafted higher than Ness, though he's only half the defenseman at the HS level. Gardiner only recently switched from forward to defense, which will probably hinder his draft stock.

Of the "B" rated recruits who could move into the top three rounds, I'd WAG: Drew Olson/D/Brainerd, Justin Jokinen/F/Cloquet, and Jake Hendrickson/F/Burnsville in that order. Besides being small, Gleason is such a one way player right now that a team would have to really believe it would be worth the risk to draft him early. Don't doubt that he has all the tools though.

The '09 draft looks slightly better for Minnesota High Schoolers.

Canuck71*

Why is Kirill Petrov's ranking dropping so much not just on this board but on scouting sites? He was a highly touted prospect not long ago, and seems to be doing alright in the World Juniors right now

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
The Top 130

(will complete when i return from work)

1. Steven Stamkos. Sarnia, OHL
2. Drew Doughty. Guelph, OHL
3. Luke Schenn. Kelowna, WHL
4. Alex Pieterangelo. Niagara, OHL
5. Kyle Beach. Everett, WHL
6. Nikita Filatov. CSKA Moscow, RSL
7. Zach Boychuk. Lethbridge, WHL
8. Colton Teuburt. Regina, WHL
9. Colin Wilson. US NDTP, US
10. Michael Del Zotto. Oshawa, OHL
11. Zach Bogosian. Peterborough, OHL
12. Cody Hodgson. Brampton, OHL
13. Kirill Petrov. Ak Bars Kazan, RSL
14. Mikkel Bøedker. Kitchener, OHL
15. Jimmy Hayes. US NDTP, US
16. Josh Bailey. Windsor, OHL
17. Kelsey Tessier. Quebec, QMJHL
18. Vyacheslav Voynov. Traktor Chelyabinsk, RSL
19. James Wright. Vancouver, WHL
20. Mikhail Stefanovich. Quebec, QMJHL
21. David Toews. Shattuck, US HS
22. Mattias Tedenby. HV71, MoDo
23. Yann Sauve. Saint John, QMJHL
24. Jordan Eberle. Regina, WHL
25. Greg Nemisz. Windsor, OHL
26. Mitch Wahl. Spokane, WHL
27. Tyler Cuma. Ottawa, OHL
28. Joe Colborne. Camrose, AJHL
29. Johan Motin. Färjestads BK, MoDo
30. Jamie Arniel. Guelph, OHL
31. A.J. Jenks. Plymouth, OHL
32. Tyler Myers. Kelowna, WHL
33. Thomas McCollum. Guelph, OHL
34. Tyler Ennis. Medicine Hat, WHL
35. Marc Barbeiro. Moncton, QMJHL
36. Sergei Ostapchuk. Lokomotiv, RSL
37. Peter Delmas, Lewiston, QMJHL
38. Blaine Tendler, Prince Albert, WHL
39. Phillipe Cornet. Rimouski, QMJHL
40. Joakim Mattson. Linköping, MoDo
41. Phil McRae. London, OHL
42. Kevin Poulin. Victoriaville, QMJHL
43. Patrice Cormier. Rimouski, QMJHL
44. Tomi Sallinen. Blues Jr., Sm-liiga
45. Yevgeny Grachev. Yaroslavl, RSL
46. Jordan Southorn. PEI, QMJHL
47. Anton Gustafsson. Frolunda, MoDo
48. Luca Sbisa, Lethbridge, WHL
49. Shawn Lalonde. Belleville, OHL
50. Robert Mayer. Saint John, QMJHL
51. Jared Staal. Sudbury, OHL
52. Alexandre Neron. Rimouski, QMJHL
53. Nathan Moon. Kingston, OHL
54. Maxim Chudinov. Severstal, RSL
55. Danick Hudon-Paquette. Lewiston, QMJHL
56. Dmitry Kugryshev. CSKA Moscow, RSL
57. James Livingston. Sault Ste. Marie, OHL
58. Philip Larsen. Frolunda, MoDo
59. Taylor Stefishen. Langley, BCHL
60. Tyler Schmidt. Tri-City, WHL
61. Tomas Kubalik. Victoriaville, QMJHL
62. Andrei Loktoinov. Yaroslavl, RSL
63. Harri Saterri. Tampere, Sm-liiga
64. Chris Doyle. PEI, QMJHL
65. Vladimir Roth. London, OHL
66. Stefan Della Rovere. Barrie, OHL
67. Jordan Skellet. Erie, OHL
68. Tomas Knotek. Halifax, QMJHL
69. Aaron Ness. Roseau, US HS
70. Maxime Sauve. Quebec, QMJHL
71. Michal Jordan. Windsor, OHL
72. Joonas Rask, Ilves, SM-lliga
73. Lance Bouma. Vancouver, WHL
74. Eric Mestery. Tri-City, WHL
75. Geordie Wudrick. Swift Current, WHL
76. Andre Pettersson. Mississiauga, OHL
77. Henrik Eriksson. Djugarden, MoDo
78. Luke Adam. St. John's, QMJHL
79. Braden Holtby. Saskatoon, WHL
80. Lukas Stoop. Davos, Swiss
81. Mike Pelech. Mississauga, OHL
82. Mike Fink. Waterloo, USHL
83. Julien Demers, Ottawa, OHL
84. Eric Doyle. Swift Current, WHL
85. Tomi Karhunen. Sarnia, OHL
86. Kruise Reddick. Tri-City, WHL
87. Adam Henrique, Windsor, OHL
88. Kyle St. Denis. Kelowna, WHL
89. Colby Robak. Brandon, WHL
90. Joe Gleason. Edina, US HS
91. Pavel Chernov. Spartak, RSL
92. Travis Dunstall. Kamloops, WHL
93. Corey Trivino. Barrie, OHL
94. Dustin Tokarski. Spokane, WHL
95. Teigan Zhan. Saskatoon, WHL
96. Jared Festler. Lincoln, USHL
97. Rylan Schwartz. Notre Dame, SJHL
98. Jyri Niemi. Saskatoon, WHL
99. Mathieu Tousignant. Baie-Comeau, QMJHL
100. Pascal Amyot. Saint John, QMJHL
101. Anton Lazarev. Mytischi, RSL
102. Jan Kana. PEI, QMJHL
103. Riley MacIntosh. Kelowna, WHL
104. Dominic Bohac. Quebec, QMJHL
105. Taylor MacDougall. St. John's, QMJHL
106. Richard Manley. US NDTP, US
107. Michael D'Orazio. Owen Sound, OHL
108. Craig Cunningham. Vancouver, WHL
109. Mitch Gaulton. Erie, OHL
110. Joel Champagne. Chicoutimi, QMJHL
111. Eric Baier. Providence, NCAA
112. Nicolas Deschamps. Chicoutimi, QMJHL
113. Alex Beaton. Lewiston, QMJHL
114. Dale Hunt. Prince George, WHL
115. Joel Broda. Tri-City, WHL
116. Chet Pickard. Tri-City, WHL
117. Brandon Rowinski. Calgary, WHL
118. Vladimir Litvinchuk. Dynamo, RSL
119. Patrick Wierchoch. Burnaby, BCHL
120. Slava Tulyakov. Dynamo, RSL
121. Mavric Parcs. Kitchener, OHL
122. Marco Consineau. Baie-Comeau, QMJHL
123. Neal Prokop. Moose Jaw, WHL
124. Nathan Deck. Prince Albert, WHL
125. Jake Gardiner. Minnetonka, US HS
126. Brandon McMillan. Kelowna, WHL
127. Adam Comrie. Saginaw, OHL
128. Marc-Andre Bourdon. Rouyn-Noranda, QMJHL
129. Samuel Morneau. Baie-Comeau, WHL
130. Matthew Strong, Everett, WHL
131. Brian Lashoff. Barrie, OHL
132. Jonathan Bonneau. Victoriaville, QMJHL
133. Jarred Struthers. Rouyn-Noranda, QMJHL
134. Tyler Shattock. Kamloops, WHL
135. Travis Hamonic. Moose Jaw, WHL
136. P-A Vandall. Shawnigan, QMJHL
137. Brady Hjelle. Cedar Rapids, USHL
138. Jacob Deserres. Seattle, WHL
139. Michael Clemente. Metropolitan, Jr. B
140. Jesse Brown. Syracuse, EJHL
141. Joel Chouinard. Victoriaville, QMJHL
142. Vinny Saporani. US NDTP, US
143. Pekka Jormakka. JYP, SM-lliga
144. Matthew Delahey. Regina, WHL
145. Jacob Markstrom. Byrnas, MoDo
146. Justin Florek. US NDTP, US
147. Dean Howard. Oshawa, OHL
148. Roman Josi. Bern, Swiss
149. Sebastien Erixon. Timra, MoDo
150. Derek Famulare. Chicoutimi, QMJHL

not completed yet. any suggestions would be great.

On Swedish players
22.Tedenby- I see him as a late 1st/early 2nd rounder. Might fallto 2nd round because of size and agreement.
29.Motin-Pretty where I see him. around #25-30. He's solid player but without much offensive potential.
40.Matsson-hmmm..., well, at this point I will not be surprised if he will not be drafted at all. He is small(5'10/172) and wasn't so impressive this year. He has all the tools to be a good player, but I wouldn't be shicked if he will be skipped this year.
47.A.Gustafsson-I think he will be drafted higher. around 30-35 position. He has great size(6'3/200), physical play, good offensive ceiling.
76.Petersson-Petersson isn't much worser than Tedenby. But he will be drafted around 70-80 position.
77.H.Eriksson-Powerforward. Has good size(6'0/212) and strength. #77 seems OK.
145.Markstrom-Only #145? He's doing very good in J20 and was best goalie at Hlinka Memorial.
149.S.Erixon-Doubt he will be drafted at all.

[/B]
PLayers which I think might be in TOP 150:
Daniel Despotovic -6'2 forward, a hardworker, with good skills, ok scoring ability, and he produces very nice in J20(31 point in 27 games).
Erik Karlsson -Tobias Enstrom #2. 25 points in 27 games in J20, best scoring defenseman in J20. A Hlinka Memorial champion aswell. He seems to be pretty unknown.
Johan Erkgards -6'0 forward, a hardworker, a leader. Has very good skating and hockeysense. 25 points in 25 games in Div1.
Emil Bejmo -Skilled forward, was in final WJC camp. very good speed. 23 points in 20 games in Div1.
Mattias Ekholm -6'3'5/196 Defenseman, Hlinka Memorial champion.

HM:
Tim Branholm (6'2/196, F)-good scorer with size
Carl Gusatfsson (5'7/178, F)-several pouints in SEL already very strong for his size
Alexander Fallstrom (-Forward with good size, plays for Shattuck
David Ullstrom (6'4/200)-Overager(89), a huge physical forward, dominates J20 39 points, 17 goals in 27 games, best scorer of J20.
Victor Anilane -6'3/200 another big overager(89), dominates J20, already plays for men's team.
Niclas Lasu -Skilled winger, 33 points in 27 games in J20.
Anton Blomqvist -His stock has fallen this season, but this almost 6'5 defenseman still has good potential.

On other players, Petrov is too high. That's sure.
About underrated player, it's definately Niemi and Larsen. Larsen IMO outplayed Voinov and Motin this season, and Niemi is a 6'3 defenseman, has 15 points in 21 game in WHL in his first season! Impressive.

Last edited:

Cooperman

Aug 25, 2007
Quebec City
From what i saw this season in the Q and especially with the Québec Remparts, i think that Samuel Groulx D, although i'm not completely sold on his foot speed, will be a better pro player than Dominik Bohac D; so i would put him ahead of Bohac on your list.

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
From what I've heard, I'm pretty sure Kristofer Berglund and Anders Lindbäck will get drafted, despite the fact they are overaged.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00