Top 3 most memorable Ovechkin moments

NoLookPass

Jan 16, 2014
Underrated moment I think when Seidenberg tried to put a hit on him in the playoffs two years back, and any other player would have been laid out instead Ovi made sure Seidenberg got the worst of it.

HOLDITHERE*

Underrated moment I think when Seidenberg tried to put a hit on him in the playoffs two years back, and any other player would have been laid out instead Ovi made sure Seidenberg got the worst of it.

Link no worky. But if that's the hit I think it is, I agree. Looked liked two brick walls crumbling into eachother.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
I have come up with 2.

"The Goal"
Snowvechkin game (Pens @ Caps during the snowstorm on Superbowl Sunday, Caps come back from 4-1 Pens to win it, Ovi nets three and assists on Mike Knuble's GWG).

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I have come up with 2.

"The Goal"
Snowvechkin game (Pens @ Caps during the snowstorm on Superbowl Sunday, Caps come back from 4-1 Pens to win it, Ovi nets three and assists on Mike Knuble's GWG).

I remember a few things about the "snowvechkin" game:

1. Milbury in one of the intermissions referencing Crosby to Ovechkin "who's your daddy" then Milbury says "thats something special" referring to Crosby getting the upper hand.

2. Jordan Staal scoring his 2nd goal of the game (I think) and skating to the glass openly mocking one of the fans who was probably getting on his case.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Hell with moments

My top 3 favorite Ovi months

His first in the league, as it saved me as a fan.

The month before the Olympics, Clark traded away. The most dominant our team has ever been.

~April 2011 playoffs when we lost to Pitt in Round 7

*2009 playoffs.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
RE: Brule

I don't know if you are implying it but it wasn't the Clark trade that led to the downfall. Clark was hardly playing and when he was he was highly ineffective as the injury had took a heavy toll on him....

Chimera for Jurcina and Clark was actually a very good trade for us.

No, the Clark trade led to the best month of regular season of caps hockey I ever saw. I think we went ~17-3 before losing three to head into the olympic break.

Can anyone point out a month in which we scored more goals and had as a respectable a record?

January 2010 - see for yourselves.... .challenge on?

http://capitals.nhl.com/club/app 2009-2010

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2