Top 20 Oilers Prospects (Poll #20)

20th Best Oilers Prospect

• Total voters

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
any of the guys lower on the list making a big impression?
also what's your thoughts on lavoie?

IMO all of Samorukov, Maksimov and McLeod are looking like they are getting used to the pro game and have some NHL potential, time will tell if they get there. Bouchard has been showing well, Kesselring is a guy that IMO has a lot of potential as a defenseman. I missed the entire WJC's so I can't speak much about Lavoie outside of what I saw of him in camp and in highlights. IMO he needs to improve his skating by a good margin. Overall our defensive prospects are the gem of our prospect pool.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
IMO all of Samorukov, Maksimov and McLeod are looking like they are getting used to the pro game and have some NHL potential, time will tell if they get there. Bouchard has been showing well, Kesselring is a guy that IMO has a lot of potential as a defenseman. I missed the entire WJC's so I can't speak much about Lavoie outside of what I saw of him in camp and in highlights. IMO he needs to improve his skating by a good margin. Overall our defensive prospects are the gem of our prospect pool.

some people seem down on broberg. you in that group or disagree?

also, how do you rate the goalies? rodrigue the best?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
some people seem down on broberg. you in that group or disagree?

also, how do you rate the goalies? rodrigue the best?

I didn't watch any of the WJC games so based on a few random games that I have caught of his and highlights I would say that he has a very good toolbox as a defenseman and that it is far too early to write him off. In terms of our goalie prospects I would probably give the nod to our KHL goalie that we drafted this past draft. Skinner has been pretty bad until the last few games, Rodrigue IMO is a ? until he turns pro, Wells seems to be the odd man out and Starrett has been oft injured and wasn't great at handling the puck IIRC. Not a position of strength depth wise IMO.

Reactions: neelynugs

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I’m still a big samorukov fan, he’s a late bloomer he just figured out the junior level last year but showed big potential. He’s always been a long term project.

and I say long term prospect as I feel he needs 2 years in the minors developing in an age where people expect prospects to be nhl ready within a year (first round picks even more so)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad