Top 15 smartest players in the NHL

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
"Here is a list of players that played college hockey for four years"

Aceonfire*

Acrobello graduated from Yale with a degree in Political science.

The guy is smart.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
So simply graduating from an Ivy makes a person smart now? Getting in is the bigger challenge, which these guys bypassed by being hockey players.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
So this is basically who has bachelor degrees from good colleges, colleges that they got into on the basis of their hockey talent and not their intelligence. A lot of useless degrees too. History? Sociology? Most useless article I've looked at in awhile.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
A bunch of guys that probably got into those ivy league schools because of hockey rather than their smarts. Really? "satisfactory GPA", degrees in Poli Sci, Sociology, History, and HOTEL MANAGEMENT?!

Horcoff, Volpatti, and Greening are all impressive though

mattand1mixtape

Apr 2, 2013
"simply graduating from an ivy league school"... oh please.

For one it is by far simple to graduate from an ivy league school, even athletes have to try in college. I know because I am a college athlete. For two, history and especially sociology have their places. I cant believe sociology is getting knocked on here.. My most profound professor taught soc and had a huge impact on my life and how I view the environment around me, quit acting like a degree in in is soc or any degree for that matter is so attainable that a rock can get it.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
"simply graduating from an ivy league school"... oh please.

For one it is by far simple to graduate from an ivy league school, even athletes have to try in college. I know because I am a college athlete. For two, history and especially sociology have their places. I cant believe sociology is getting knocked on here.. My most profound professor taught soc and had a huge impact on my life and how I view the environment around me, quit acting like a degree in in is soc or any degree for that matter is so attainable that a rock can get it.

Having a huge impact on your life is not an argument for the degree of difficulty to obtain said degree.

PWB

Dreaming of Donuts
Jan 31, 2006
Here's a low bar. Did you know that a penguin is the intellectual equivalent of a pigeon?

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Does anyone other than Fedun have a degree with an actually difficult major, like one of the STEM fields?

Greening's GPA is impressive. Anyone else that high? What about peer-reviewed publications, anyone have one?

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
A bunch of guys that probably got into those ivy league schools because of hockey rather than their smarts. Really? "satisfactory GPA", degrees in Poli Sci, Sociology, History, and HOTEL MANAGEMENT?!

Horcoff, Volpatti, and Greening are all impressive though

Political Science, Sociology and History are difficult programs to go through. I always found them more of a challenge than biology.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad